This tour is an irresistible combination of stunning coastal scenery, the diverse landscape of breathtaking national parks and contrasting city life. We take you on a spectacular journey from the oceanfront haven of San Diego to bayside San Francisco through to the vibrancy that is Las Vegas. Take in the mighty Grand Canyon, the grandeur of Yosemite and revel in the old west charm and hospitality of desert-resort Scottsdale.
At a Glance
- 2 nights in San Diego
- 1 night in Los Angeles
- 2 nights in Pismo Beach
- 2 nights in San Francisco
- 1 night in Fresno
- 2 nights in Las Vegas
- 1 night in Flagstaff
- 2 nights in Scottsdale
- Visit to Hearst Castle and Santa Barbara
- The sights of San Diego, Los Angeles, San Francisco and Las Vegas
- Visits to Grand Canyon and Yosemite national parks
- Sightseeing along Big Sur
- London to San Diego On arrival at London Heathrow you will take your direct British Airways flight to San Diego where you will be transferred to the 3* Sheraton Mission Valley, located in the Hotel Circle area for the first of two nights.
- San Diego This morning enjoy a sightseeing tour of San Diego including the Old Town, Balboa Park, Mission Bay and Seaport Village. This afternoon is at leisure.
- San Diego to Los Angeles On arrival in Los Angeles head to the celebrated Farmers Market. This afternoonenjoy a tour taking in Hollywood, Sunset Strip, the Hollywood Bowl and Grauman’s Chinese Theatre before checking in to the 3*Plus Sportsmen’s Lodge for the night.
- Los Angeles to Santa Barbara to Pismo Beach Leaving the city of LA, we head to the charming town of Santa Barbara where you will have time to explore. Your journey continues northwards to Pismo Beach where the 3* Oxford Suites set at the town’s entrance will be your home for the next two nights. The hotel has a bar and a breakfast room but no restaurant (there is one very close by).
- Big Sur and Hearst Castle Enjoy the dramatic Californian scenery as you head up the Big Sur coastline. This afternoon you will visit Hearst Castle, the magnificent estate built by newspaper magnate, William Randolph Hearst. Return to Pismo Beach foryour final night.
- Pismo Beach to San Francisco On arrival in San Francisco unpack at the downtown 3* Cova hotel for a two-night stay.
- San Francisco Start the day with a tour of this stunning city. This afternoon is at leisure or perhaps join the optional Bay Cruise for views of the skyline and Alcatraz. This evening enjoy an optional dinner at Fisherman’s Wharf.
- San Francisco to Yosemite to Fresno As one of the USA’s finest wilderness parks, enjoy the waterfalls, lakes, valleys and forests of Yosemite National Park. After an afternoon of some spectacular scenery, continue to Fresno and the 3* Park Inn by Radisson for an overnight stay.
- Fresno to Las Vegas Journey through desert scenery to Calico Ghost Town. Continue to glittering Las Vegas and the 3* Stratosphere Casino, Hotel & Tower, one of the most iconic Las Vegas Strip hotels. There’s also an optional evening tour to see Las Vegas by night.
- Las Vegas On today’s included tour, visit the Strip and some of Las Vegas’ incredible themed hotels. The rest of the day is free.
- Las Vegas to Grand Canyon to Flagstaff Leaving Las Vegas, head for the incomparable Grand Canyon. You’ll have time to absorb its magnificent beauty before continuing to the town of Flagstaff and an overnight stay at the 4* Little America Hotel.
- Flagstaff to Scottsdale See Oak Creek Canyon and the red rocks of enchanting Sedona on your journey to Scottsdale. On arrival relax for two nights at the 4* Indigo Hotel, set in the heart of the Old Town.
- Scottsdale A chance to reflect on the wonders of the west coast as you relax in the delightfulresort of Scottsdale.
- Phoenix to London Spend some time enjoying the sights of Scottsdale before your evening British Airways flight to London (You may wish to have a few additional nights in this lovely resort, see Unescorted extensions.)
- London. Morning arrival at London Heathrow.
Tailor Your Tour
Make the most of your tour with the optional excursions on offer from your tour manager.
Extend your stay at the Indigo Hotel in Scottsdale. Extra nights are available from £35 per person on a room-only basis, based on sharing a twin room (single supplement from £35 per person). Your departure transfer, £25 transfer fee and any flight supplements are not included.
Travel in comfort in British Airways’ World Traveller Plus from £595 or fly in style in Club World from £2,895. These prices are per person and based on return flights.
Departure dates and prices:
|May 2013||Sunday 19th||£1,825|
|June 2013||Sunday 23rd||£1,845|
|August 2013||Sunday 18th||£1,895|
|November 2013||Sunday 24th||£1,795|
|March 2014||Sunday 9th||£1,725|
|April 2014||Sunday 27th||£1,825|
|May 2014||Sunday 18th||£1,855|
|June 2014||Sunday 22nd||£1,875|
|August 2014||Sunday 17th||£1,925|
|September 2014||Sunday 14th||£1,825|
|October 2014||Sunday 12th||£1,825|
|November 2014||Sunday 09th||£1,825|