Like Australia itself, this is a laid-back tour where everything happens in its own time and each stop is long enough for nothing to be rushed. A night on an Aussie farm with a home-cooked Aussie dinner is as unforgettable as a trip to the Great Barrier Reef. There’s no better way of seeing the spectacular red continent.
At a Glance
- 3 nights in Melbourne
- 1 night on a farm
- 2 nights in Adelaide
- 3 nights in Alice Springs
- 2 nights at Ayers Rock
- 4 nights in Cairns
- 4 nights in Sydney
- Visit to the Great Barrier Reef
- Kuranda Scenic Railway and Skyline Gondola
- Ayers Rock and the Australian outback
- Sightseeing in Melbourne, Adelaide, Alice Springs and Sydney
- London to Singapore and Melbourne Your door-to-door driver takes you to London Heathrow for your Qantas flight, via Singapore, to Melbourne.
- See Above
- Melbourne Arrive in Melbourne and head straight to the 4* Citadines Hotel, your home for three nights. Enjoy an afternoon tour of Victoria’s charming capital.
- Dandenong Ranges Journey into the Dandenong Ranges today for a ride aboard the Puffing Billy, a genuine turn-of-the-century steam locomotive, bound for the Healesville Sanctuary.
- Melbourne Take an optional tour to Phillip Island, home to Little Penguins, or enjoy free time.
- Melbourne to Hamilton Journey to Hamilton where you’ll be collected by your Farmstay host for a home-cooked meal and an overnight stay (3*). D
- Hamilton to Adelaide Lend your hosts a hand before travelling through the Coonawarra area and visit a winery for a tour, wine tasting and lunch before continuing to Adelaide for two nights at the 4* Crowne Plaza Hotel. B L
- Adelaide Fly to Kangaroo Island on today’s optional trip. Otherwise, your day is free in Adelaide.
- Adelaide to Alice Springs Enjoy today’s city tour of Adelaide before flying to Alice Springs in Australia’s Red Centre and the 4* Crowne Plaza Alice Springs for three nights.
- Alice Springs Visit the Royal Flying Doctor Service before an afternoon at leisure. This evening, enjoy the experience of an optional outback bush barbecue.
- Alice Springs A chance to get right into the outback this morning with a visit to the Western MacDonnell mountain ranges before heading out to Alice Springs Desert Park.
- Alice Springs to Ayers Rock Visit a Camel Farm before heading for the red rock domes of the Olgas, or ‘Kata Tjuta’. This evening, relax at the Ayers Rock sunset viewing area to see the world’s largest monolith change colour in spectacular style. Retire to the 4* Desert Gardens Hotel, for your two-night stay.
- Ayers Rock Watch the sun rise over Ayers Rock this morning before a tour around the base to explore ancient caves adorned in Aboriginal art; find out more at the cultural centre.
- Ayers Rock to Cairns Fly to Cairns and unpack for four nights at the central 4* Pacific International Hotel.
- The Great Barrier Reef Spend the day at the Great Barrier Reef’s Michaelmas Cay, a sandy cay surrounding a seabird sanctuary and discover the coral gardens and colourful marine life from the decks of the award-winning Ocean Spirit. L
- Kuranda Join the Kuranda scenic railway as it winds through the dense tropical forests. This afternoon, board the Skyrail, the world’s largest gondola cableway, for an amazing ride just above the rainforest canopy, before visiting the Tjapukai Aboriginal Culture Park.
- Cairns A day at leisure to explore the resort of Cairns or join one of the optional tours.
- Cairns to Sydney Fly to Sydney and relax within easy walking distance of the harbour and Opera House at The Grace, your 4* home for four nights.
- Sydney See the bridge, the Opera House and several stunning waterfront homes from the harbour on a morning cruise. This afternoon, take in many of the highlights on a city tour.
- Sydney Your day is at leisure.
- Sydney Visit the forested valleys, canyons, waterfalls and abundant wildlife of the World Heritage-listed Blue Mountains on an optional tour.
- Sydney and flight home Fly from Sydney on your overnight Qantas flight to London Heathrow via Bangkok.
- London Your door-to-door driver will take you home.
We show you the best bits while leaving you plenty of free days to explore on your own. And with only one overnight stop, the pace is never hurried.
In Hamilton, your time with a true Aussie farming family in smaller groups is definitely a tour highlight. As accommodation may vary, private facilities cannot be guaranteed.
Tailor Your Tour
You may wish to see more of Australia by extending your stay. You could have a little longer in Sydney or visit Perth. Call our Reservations team for further suggestions.
Get more comfortable on your international Qantas flights in Business Class from £3,900 return, subject to availability.
Departure dates and prices:
|October 2013||Saturday 19th||£5,195|
|November 2013||Saturday 9th||£5,195|
|February 2014||Saturday 15th||£4,965|
|October 2014||Saturday 18th||£5,265|
|November 2014||Saturday 8th||£5,265|
Upgrade to Prestige
Departure Dates and Prices
|November 2013||Saturday 16th||£6,895|
|November 2014||Saturday 15th||£6,965|
Upgrade to Prestige
Spoil yourself and upgrade to a Prestige tour: 3 nights at the 4* Plus Sofitel, Melbourne, 1 night at the 3* Farmstay, Hamilton, 2 nights at the 4* Plus Intercontinental, Adelaide, 1 night on board the 3* Ghan (Gold Service Sleeper Cabin), 2 nights at the 5* Sails in the Desert, Ayers Rock, 4 nights at the 5* Reef House Boutique Resort & Spa, Palm Cove, 4 nights at the 4* Plus Intercontental, Sydney. Daily breakfasts included.