From its earliest days of settlement, America’s West Coast has enjoyed a legendary reputation for its lush landscapes and wonderful weather. After you’ve seen the bright lights of Las Vegas and San Francisco as well as the scenic spectacle of California’s gorgeous coastline, you’ll understand why – this is truly a blessed land.
At a Glance
- 2 nights in Long Beach
- 2 nights in San Diego
- 3 nights in Las Vegas
- 1 night in Pismo Beach
- 2 nights in San Francisco
- Tours of Los Angeles, San Diego and San Francisco
- Visit the Strip and themed hotels in Las Vegas
- Sightseeing along 17 Mile Drive and Big Sur
- Visits to Carmel and Monterey
- London to Los Angeles and Long Beach After your door-to-door journey with our pick- up service, fly non-stop from London Heathrow to Los Angeles with British Airways or Virgin Atlantic. Make yourself at home for the next two nights at the 3* Queen Mary Hotel in Long Beach.
- Los Angeles Your sightseeing begins with a trip to some of the major sights including Sunset Strip and Hollywood. In the afternoon return to your hotel or perhaps take an optional tour of the Queen Mary ocean liner. The remainder of the evening is at leisure.
- Long Beach to San Diego Journey by road to San Diego. On arrival take in the adobe buildings and shops of the Old Town, Balboa Park, Mission Bay and Seaport Village on a tour. The 3* Sheraton Mission Valley is your home for two nights.
- San Diego Enjoy a day exploring San Diego or join us on an optional bay cruise.
- San Diego to Las Vegas Journey through desert scenery en route to glittering Las Vegas, where the downtown 4* Golden Nugget Hotel becomes your home for three nights. There’s also an optional evening tour to see the famous Strip.
- Las Vegas On today’s included tour, visit the Strip and some of Las Vegas’ incredible themed hotels. With the afternoon and evening to yourself, you’ve plenty of time to take it all in.
- The Grand Canyon or Las Vegas Take to the skies for a spectacular flight by plane to the Grand Canyon on today’s optional trip, or spend the day in Las Vegas.
- Las Vegas to Pismo Beach Calico Ghost Town, site of California’s richest silver strike, makes a fascinating break in today’s journey. Reaching Pismo Beach, relax at the 3* Oxford Suites at the town’s entrance – it has a bar, a breakfast room but no restaurant (there is one nearby).
- Pismo Beach to San Francisco With lots of stops and some amazing scenery, your journey to San Francisco is one of the most interesting on the tour – the coastal coach trip passes Big Sur, Monterey, 17 Mile Drive and Carmel. Unpack for two nights at San Francisco’s downtown 3* Cova Hotel.
- San Francisco Start the day with a tour of this stunning city including Union Square, the centre of the downtown area, Chinatown, Nob Hill and Twin Peaks. Next, head to the ‘symbol of the city’, the Golden Gate Bridge, before finishing the tour at Fisherman’s Wharf. This afternoon is free for you to enjoy San Francisco at your leisure or perhaps join the optional Bay Cruise for views of the skyline and Alcatraz. This evening, an optional farewell dinner will be served at Fisherman’s Wharf.
- Sausalito or San Francisco and flight home Make the most of your last morning on an optional trip to the waterfront town of Sausalito for fantastic views over the Bay, San Francisco and Alcatraz. Alternatively, spend your morning doing any last minute shopping or sightseeing before your late- afternoon Virgin Atlantic or British Airways flight departs for London Heathrow.
- London Heathrow After your non-stop overnight flight, your door-to-door driver will be waiting at the airport to take you home.
This is a real holiday, so even though you’ll see a lot, you won’t be packing and unpacking your bag every day. By staying in only five hotels, you can really relax and enjoy your surroundings as well as the tour’s continual highlights.
City and country are well balanced in this tour. The drama of Las Vegas and Los Angeles is matched by astounding scenery along the rugged coastlines of Monterey and Carmel. The scenery you pass on Days 8 and 9 makes the longer journeys on these days worthwhile, especially the breathtaking Californian coastline.
Tailor Your Tour
One of the real highlights of this tour, a trip to the Grand Canyon is available to book with your holiday – from £195.
Enjoy a few extra nights in San Francisco at the 3* Cova Hotel from £45 per person per night, based on sharing a twin room on a room-only basis (single supplement from £45).
Your San Francisco transfers and extension supplement of £25 per person plus any applicable flight supplements are not included.
Alternatively, tailor-make your itinerary with the help of our experienced Reservations team.
Travel in comfort with Virgin Atlantic in Premium Economy from £465, or upgrade to Upper Class from £3,095. These prices are per person and based on return flights.
Departure dates and prices:
|March 2013||Thursday 14th||£1,795|
|May 2013||Thursday 2nd||£1,995|
|July 2013||Thursday 25th||£2,195|
|August 2013||Thursday 29th||£2,025|
|November 2013||Thursday 14th||£1,795|
|March 2014||Thursday 13th||£1,825|
|April 2014||Thursday 10th||£1,925|
|May 2014||Thursday 8th||£2,025|
|July 2014||Thursday 31st||£2,225|
|September 2014||Thursday 4th||£2,055|
|October 2014||Thursday 2nd||£2,045|
|October 2014||Thursday 30th||£2,045|