Travelling the colourful and mysterious paths of America’s tribal lands, indulge in a fascinating culture to a backdrop of some of the world’s finest scenery. Embrace the exotic traditions of the Navajo Nation and discover how America’s indigenous once lived. Contrast atmospheric western towns with five national parks all topped off with two nights relaxation on the shores of Lake Powell.
At a Glance
- 3 nights in Tucson
- 1 night in Las Cruces
- 2 nights in Santa Fe
- 1 night in Chinle
- 2 nights in Monticello
- 1 night in Torrey
- 2 nights at Lake Powell
- 1 night in Scottsdale
- Canyon de Chelly, Monument Valley
- Sightseeing in Tucson, Santa Fe, Old Mesilla, Tombstone & Antelope Canyon
- Sightseeing in 5 national parks: Arches, Canyonlands, Zion, Bryce and Capitol Reef
- London to Phoenix and Tucson Your door-to-door driver takes you to London Heathrow for your direct British Airways flight to Phoenix. On arrival you will journey to Tucson where the 4* Westward Look Resort welcomes you for the first of three nights.
- Tombstone Visit the infamous town of Tombstone. Soak up the atmosphere of this unique cowboy town with a visit to the OK Corral and Boothill Cemetery.
- Tuscon Tour Tucson this morning, a western town with a very Mexican feel. This afternoon is at leisure or you can take an optional trip to the Sonora Desert Museum to view the native desert wildlife and Old Tucson Studios, to enjoy the world-famous film location where the legend of the Wild West comes to life.
- Tucson to Las Cruces Journey to New Mexico and to the town of Las Cruces and the 3* Hotel Encanto de Las Cruces for an overnight stay. Then visit the charming town of Old Mesilla.
- Las Cruces to Santa Fe Head to the Old Town of Albuquerque before arriving at the 4* Inn of the Governors located in the heart of the city for a two-night stay.
- Santa Fe Enjoy America’s oldest state capital with its wooden colonnaded streets and adobe houses on a morning tour. This afternoon is yours to explore this beautiful town at your own pace.
- Santa Fe to Chinle It’s back across the border to Arizona and the town of Chinle. Check in to the 3* Holiday Inn for an overnight stay. Explore the fabulous scenery of the Canyon de Chelly and the well preserved ruins of the early indigenous tribes that lived in the area such as the Ancient Pueblo Peoples and the Navajo.
- Chinle to Monument Valley and Monticello Enjoy a better look at Monument Valley’s amazing red rock formations and a visit to a Navajo Hogan on this morning’s optional jeep ride. This afternoon continue to Goosenecks state park before arriving in the town of Monticello. Accommodation is at the 3* Inn of the Canyons for two nights.
- Arches and Canyonlands National Parks Prepare for some breathtaking scenery. This morning you will visit the incredible Arches National Park and in the afternoon enjoy the dramatic scenery of Canyonlands National Park.
- Monticello to Capitol Reef National Park and Torrey Today’s stunning scenery takes in Mule Canyon Ruins, Natural Bridges National Monument and Capitol Reef National Park. Continue to the 3* Best Western Capitol Reef Resort.
- Torrey to Bryce, Zion and Lake Powell There’s no let up in the scenery today and this morning you will visit Bryce Canyon National Park. This afternoon continue to Zion, one of the prettiest national parks in the region before heading to the 4* Lake Powell Resorts & Marinas, located on the shores of Lake Powell for two nights.
- Lake Powell Enjoy a walking tour with a Navajo guide through Antelope Canyon before a relaxing afternoon spent at this glorious lakeside setting. You may also wish to take an optional lake cruise.
- Lake Powell to Scottsdale Head to Scottsdale for your final night. Accommodation is at the 4* Indigo, set in the heart of the Old Town.
- Scottsdale to Phoenix to London Spend some time enjoying the sights of Scottsdale before your evening British Airways flight from Phoenix to London. (You may wish to have a few additional nights in this lovely resort. See under Unescorted Extensions).
- London Arrive at London Heathrow early this afternoon where your door-to-door driver will meet you.
Please be advised that you will experience altitudes in excess of 8,000 feet. Being in the National Park area, some hotels are of motel style with outside access. We cover a lot on this tour and some of the days are packed with outstanding scenery. So we are sure you will enjoy time to relax in Santa Fe, Lake Powell and Tucson.
Tailor Your Tour
Make the most of your tour with the optional excursions on offer from your tour manager.
Extend your stay at the Indigo Hotel in Scottsdale. Extra nights are available from £35 per person on a room-only basis, based on sharing a twin room (single supplement from £35).
Your departure transfer, £25 transfer fee and any flight supplements are not included.
Upgrade to a lake facing room at Lake Powell for a supplement from £30 (single supplement from £30).
Travel in comfort in British Airways World Traveller Plus from £350 or fly in style in Club World from £3,325. These prices are per person and based on return flights.
|May 2013||Saturday 10th||£2,495|
|September 2013||Friday 6th||£2,495|
|October 2013||Friday 11th||£2,395|
|May 2014||Friday 9th||£2,525|
|September 2014||Friday 5th||£2,525|
|October 2014||Friday 10th||£2,425|