This journey is designed to show Canada in all its icy brilliance, from cosmopolitan Toronto to the frozen cascade of stunning Niagara Falls. See the magnificent snow-capped Rocky Mountains and try fun winter activities, such as dog-sledding, sleigh rides and ice walking in the winter resorts of Banff, Lake Louise and Jasper. Taking VIA Rail’s overnight Snow Train from Jasper to waterside Vancouver, you’ll see Canada as few tourists do.
At a Glance
- 3 nights in Toronto
- 3 nights in Banff
- 1 night at Lake Louise
- 2 nights in Jasper
- 1 night aboard VIA Rail’s Snow Train
- 2 nights in Vancouver
- Tours of Vancouver, Toronto and Niagara Falls
- Entry to the CN Tower
- Journey along the scenic Icefields Parkway
- Overnight train journey on VIA Rail’s The Snow Train from Jasper to Vancouver including dinner and breakfast
- London to TorontoYour door-to-door driver takes you to London Heathrow for your non-stop Air Canada flight to Toronto, where the central 4* Delta Chelsea Hotel or 4* Sheraton Centre Hotel becomes your home for three nights.
- TorontoOn this morning’s city tour, discover the highlights, including entry to the CN Tower. Your afternoon is free to enjoy Toronto at your leisure.
- Toronto and Niagara FallsSpend the day at the spectacular Niagara Falls, which may be suspended in ice. Return via Whirlpool Rapids and Queenston Heights. L
- Toronto, Calgary and BanffFly from Toronto to Calgary with Air Canada and journey through the incredible snow- cloaked Rockies to the central 3* Mount Royal Hotel where you will be welcomed for three nights.
- BanffExplore Banff and its environs on today’s scenic tour including Bow Falls, the hot springs of Sulphur Mountain and a chance to take a cable car to the summit.
- BanffA full day at leisure to enjoy the winter activities Banff has to offer – try snowshoeing (bookable locally; subject to weather conditions).
- Banff to Lake LouiseJourney past the Vermilion Lakes and Castle Mountain to the dramatic frozen waters and stunning glacial backdrop of Lake Louise. After an optional sleigh ride (subject to weather conditions), relax at the 5* The Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise overlooking the lake.
- Lake Louise to JasperCross the open landscape of the Icefields Parkway, stopping at the Athabasca Glacier en route to the 3* Lobstick Lodge in Jasper, home for two nights.
- JasperA day at leisure in the heart of the Rockies with an optional ice walk to Maligne Canyon. Or try your hand at dog-sledding or another winter activity (bookable locally; subject to weather conditions).
- VIA Rail’s Snow TrainSpend the morning in Jasper before boarding the Snow Train for your overnight journey. If the moon is bright, watch the spectacular snowscape as you glide by rail to Vancouver. D
- VancouverExplore the city on a morning tour before a free afternoon and two nights at the 4* Sutton Place Hotel. B
- Victoria or VancouverSee Victoria’s major sights on today’s optional trip (book with your holiday), including a ferry ride through the beautiful Gulf Islands and a visit to the world-famous Butchart Gardens. Alternatively, spend the day in Vancouver.
- Vancouver and flight homeYour morning is at leisure before your non- stop overnight Air Canada flight to London Heathrow.
- LondonYour door-to-door driver will take you home.
Canadians are great at keeping everyone warm, but you’ll still need a proper winter coat and decent boots for this journey. Despite the fact that snowfall is often heavy, the places we take you to always remain accessible and are made more beautiful by the snow. Sadly we can’t absolutely guarantee you snow, but we’ve never been disappointed by the scenery yet.
Please note: these trains travel through rugged and inaccessible terrain. Occasionally freight trains using the same track can cause delays. Consequently, re-routing of the journey may be necessary by road. No compensation is payable in these circumstances.
Tailor Your Tour
Make the most of the great snow with two excursions that you can book locally with your tour manager, subject to weather conditions – dog sledding in picturesque Jasper and a sleigh ride around the famous The Fairmont Château Lake Louise.
A full day in Victoria is the perfect way to spend your free time on Day 12.
Stay longer at Vancouver’s Sutton Place Hotel (from £52 per person per night, based on sharing a twin room).
Your departure transfer, £25 extension supplement and any applicable flight supplements are extra.
Upgrade to a bedroom on VIA Rail’s Snow Train (from £120 per person) and a seat in Air Canada’s Executive First from £2,895 return.
Departure dates and prices:
|January 2013||Wednesday 9th||£2,495|
|November 2013||Wednesday 27h||£2,495|
|December 2013||Wednesday 18th||£2,675|
|January 2014||Wednesday 8th||£2,495|
|February 2014||Wednesday 5th||£2,495|
|November 2014||Wednesday 26th||£2,525|
|December 2014||Wednesday 17th||£2,705|