A perfect introduction for all first-timers, this tour takes in the cream of Egypt’s major sites, from the colourful chaos of Cairo to the Pyramids of Giza, the Sphinx and Luxor’s temples and tombs. A short tour with seven nights drifting gently down the Nile, it’s as relaxing as it is awe-inspiring.
At a Glance
- 3 nights in Cairo
- 7 nights cruising on the Nile
- Sightseeing along the Nile, including the Temple of Karnak, Valleys of the Kings and Queens, the Temple of Horus and Luxor
- Visits to the Pyramids and Sphinx of Giza and the Egyptian Museum
- London to CairoYour door-to-door pick-up driver will chauffeur you to London Heathrow for your EgyptAir flight to Cairo. On arrival meet your tour manager and transfer to the 5* Fairmont Towers, Heliopolis for the next three nights.
- CairoToday’s visit to the Egyptian Museum of Antiquities is unmissable. Amongst the ancient artefacts you can admire first hand are Tutankhamun’s elaborate sarcophagus and examples of the treasures buried with the pharaohs. B
- CairoA highlight of your tour is a visit to the Pyramids of Giza and the Sphinx. B
- Cairo to LuxorFly to the Nile city of Luxor, where your 4* Plus Thomas Cook Nile cruiser awaits you. B D
- Luxor and DenderaThis morning, sail to Dendera to visit the magnificent temple of Hathor. Sail back to Luxor. B L T D
- Luxor to EdfuVisit the valleys of the Kings and Queens, the Colossi of Memnon and the Temple of Queen Hatshepsut on the West Bank. Later, sail to Edfu. B L T D
- Edfu, Kom Ombo and AswanVisit the Temple of Horus at Edfu in the morning. Sail to Kom Ombo to visit the beautiful temple there. Continue on to Aswan and overnight. B L T D
- AswanToday, visit the great sites of Aswan. The High Dam, the unfinished obelisk and the tranquil Island of Philae. In the afternoon, a Felucca takes you to beautiful Kitchener Island. B L T D
- Abu Simbel, Aswan and EsnaTake an optional trip to Abu Simbel to view the cliff face temples of Ramses II and Queen Nefertari. In the afternoon, sail to Esna. B L T D
- Esna to LuxorSail back to Luxor and visit the East Bank to see the impressive Temples of Karnak and Luxor. B L T D
- Luxor to LondonYour EgyptAir flight will take you from Luxor to London Heathrow where your door-to-door pick-up driver will be waiting to take you home. B
You’ll find a relaxed pace lets you experience Egypt’s vast cultural and historic wealth while still enjoying an easy-going holiday. Expect a sightseeing trip most days and lots of time at leisure.
Morning is the coolest part of the day in Egypt, so we will be making some early starts to avoid both the heat of the day and the crush of the crowds. It’s well worth getting up early to experience a temple in atmospheric silence and stillness.
Please note: that this tour is not suitable for anyone with walking or mobility problems.
Also note that boats have to be tied up alongside one another due to mooring restrictions on the Nile, which can limit the view from your cabin and involve a walk through several vessels before you reach the bank.
Tailor Your Tour
Make the most of Day 9 with a trip to Abu Simbel where you’ll see the temples of Ramses II on the banks of Lake Nasser (from £160 per person, including your early-morning flight from Aswan).
Get an aerial view of Luxor on Day 6 when you float over the West Bank temples, Colossi of Memnon, sugar plantations and villages in a hot air balloon. Lasting around 45-60 minutes, the flight is followed by a light breakfast and costs from £156 per person.
For the chance to explore Luxor’s archaeological treasures at your own pace, spend four nights at the modern, central 4* Steigenberger Nile Palace Hotel from only £140 per person.
Any applicable flight supplement and the £25-per-person extension supplement are not included.
Upgrade your Nile Fleet D Deck Standard Cabin to a C Deck Standard Cabin (from £65), a Suite (from £105), or a Royal Suite (from £145).
Business class is also available on EgyptAir.
Departure dates and prices:
|February 2013||Friday 22nd||£1,895|
|March 2013||Friday 15th||£1,925|
|March 2013||Friday 22nd||£1,925|
|April 2013||Friday 26th||£1,795|
|May 2013||Friday 3rd||£1,595|
|August 2013||Friday 30th||£1,845|
|September 2013||Friday 6th||£1,845|
|October 2013||Friday 11th||£1,995|
|October 2013||Friday 18th||£1,995|
|November 2013||Friday 22nd||£1,865|
|November 2013||Friday 29th||£1,865|
|January 2014||Friday 10th||£1,925|
|January 2014||Friday 24th||£1,925|
|February 2014||Friday 21st||£1,925|
|March 2014||Friday 14th||£1,955|
|March 2014||Friday 21st||£1,955|
|April 2014||Friday 25th||£1,825|
|May 2014||Friday 2nd||£1,625|
|August 2014||Friday 29th||£1,875|
|September 2014||Friday 5th||£1,875|
|October 2014||Friday 10th||£2.025|
|October 2014||Friday 17th||£2,025|
|November 2014||Friday 21th||£1,895|
|November 2014||Friday 28th||£1,895|