Join us as we cross the vast Canadian countryside on this wondrous cross country tour. Combining the spectacular Rocky Mountaineer train and VIA Rail’s Canadian, this tour allows you to just sit back and marvel at the magnificent scenery that Canada has to offer. With stays in Vancouver, Toronto and the Rocky Mountains, this tour is more than just a rail journey, it’s a rail adventure.
At a Glance
- 3 nights in Vancouver
- 1 night in Kamloops
- 2 nights in Banff
- 2 nights in Jasper
- 3 nights on the Canadian
- 2 nights in Toronto
- City tours of Vancouver and Toronto
- Daylight train journey on the Rocky Mountaineer in RedLeaf Service including breakfast and lunch
- Jasper to Toronto on VIA Rail’s The Canadian in section accomodation including breakfast, lunch and dinner
- London to VancouverYour door-to-door driver chauffeurs you to London Heathrow for your non-stop flight to Vancouver with Air Canada, where the 4* Sutton Place Hotel becomes your home for the next three nights.
- VancouverStart with a city tour of Vancouver including Stanley Park, Gastown, Chinatown and False Creek. Spend the afternoon at leisure or take the optional North Shore tour (£125, pre-bookable with your holiday).
- Victoria or VancouverToday’s optional trip to Victoria includes a ferry crossing to Vancouver Island and the beautiful Butchart Gardens (£105 – book with your holiday). Alternatively, spend time in Vancouver.
- Vancouver to KamloopsAll aboard the Rocky Mountaineer for one of the world’s most spectacular train trips. Journey today departing Vancouver in RedLeaf Service. Pass through diverse landscapes before reaching the Fraser Canyon; here you can marvel at the spectacular Hell’s Gate. Continue along the Thompson River through to Kamloops for your overnight stay at the 2* Plus Riverland Inn (or similar). B L
- Kamloops to BanffEarly morning departure rejoining the Rocky Mountaineer for the final leg of the journey to Banff. After crossing the Continental Divide we arrive in Banff early evening and transfer to the 3* Banff Aspen Lodge. (This hotel does not have air conditioning). B L
- BanffExplore Banff National Park on one or both of today’s optional trips. Try the helicopter flight, alternatively the day is free. B
- Banff to JasperLeave Banff and head along the remarkable Trans Canada Highway to Jasper. Arriving in Jasper late afternoon, check in at the 3* Lobstick Lodge for two nights. B
- JasperEnjoy the magnificent scenery of Jasper National Park today, by taking one of our optional trips. Otherwise the day is free.
- The CanadianSpend the day at leisure in Jasper before boarding the Canadian late afternoon for the first night of your three night journey to Toronto. D
- The CanadianSit back and relax as you leave the prairies and head east. B L D
- The CanadianA fascinating day as the train covers part of the track that required 12,000 men, 5,000 horses and 300 dog teams to lay it. B L D
- TorontoArriving in Toronto this morning, a city tour takes in Toronto’s famous sights. Check in at the 4* Sheraton Centre Toronto for two nights. B
- Niagara Falls or TorontoSpend today at spectacular Niagara Falls on an optional tour which includes lunch (£60 – book with your holiday). Alternatively, your day is free in Toronto.
- Toronto and flight homeThe morning is free before heading to Toronto airport for your overnight Air Canada flight direct to London Heathrow.
- LondonYour door-to-door driver will take you home.
This tour is a train lover’s dream combining two of the world’s most spectacular train trips in The Rocky Mountaineer train and VIA Rail’s Canadian. If you’re travelling in RedLeaf you’ll need to pack an overnight bag for your stay in Kamloops, but to make your journey extra special, upgrade and travel in the dome car of SilverLeaf or GoldLeaf (details below).
VIA Rail’s flagship service, the Canadian offers a comfortable hotel on wheels for your journey across Canada. The daytime’s sofa-style seats convert at night to upper and lower berth quarters which provide semi private accommodation with a heavy curtain. Private cabins include comfy chairs that fold away to make space for bunk beds at night, a private toilet, sink, vanity and a razor outlet. Single passengers will be allocated a small private cabin. While on board, all your meals and most non-alcoholic drinks are included.
Please note: these trains travel through rugged and inaccessible terrain. Occasionally freight trains using the same track can cause delays. Consequently, re-routing of the journey may be necessary by road. No compensation is payable in these circumstances.
Tailor Your Tour
Spend some additional nights in Toronto at the Sheraton Centre Hotel from £49 per person per night, based on sharing a twin room (single supplement from £49).
Departure transfer, £25 extension supplement and any applicable flight supplements are not included.
Upgrade to SilverLeaf from £345, or GoldLeaf from £595 on the Rocky Mountaineer, to a private cabin on the Canadian from £325 per person.
Upgrade to Executive First on Air Canada for a supplement from £2,445.
Departure dates and prices:
|May 2013||Friday 24th||£3,195|
|June 2013||Friday 7th||£3,445|
|July 2013||Friday 19th||£3,995|
|August 2013||Friday 6th||£3,995|
|September 2013||Friday 6th||£3,745|
|May 2014||Friday 23rd||£3,225|
|June 2014||Friday 6th||£3,475|
|July 2014||Friday 18th||£4,025|
|August 2014||Friday 5th||£4,025|
|September 2014||Friday 5th||£3,775|