Take a journey through the spectacular scenery of the Rocky Mountains by road and train. On this trip you’ll explore breathtaking glaciers, mountain passes and canyons as we find the most scenic route across the Canadian countryside to vibrant Vancouver at the ocean’s edge.
At a Glance
- 3 nights in Banff
- 2 nights in Jasper
- 1 night in Kamloops
- 3 nights in Vancouver
- Four days sightseeing and exploring in the Rocky Mountains
- Daylight train journey through the Rockies
- City tour of Vancouver
- Choice of optional excursions and extensions
- Chance to upgrade to Superior accommodation for greater comforts
- London to Calgary and BanffYour door-to-door driver chauffeurs you to London Heathrow for your non-stop flight to Calgary with Air Canada. Journey by road to Banff for your three-night stay at the 3* Banff Aspen Lodge. This hotel is not air-conditioned.
- BanffYou have two full days to discover Banff with optional tours available such as a helicopter trip over the Rockies.
- BanffSee above
- Banff to JasperJourney by coach along the spectacular Trans-Canada Highway, with a stop to admire the glacial beauty of Lake Louise on the way, before reaching the breathtaking Icefields Parkway for your chance to take an optional Ice Explorer ride on the Athabasca Glacier. Continue to Jasper this afternoon and relax at the 3* Lobstick Lodge. B
- JasperToday’s optional trips are a Jasper River raft ride followed by an afternoon cruise across Maligne Lake to Spirit Island. Alternatively, your day is at leisure.
- Jasper to KamloopsAn early start for this magnificent scenic train journey aboard the Rocky Mountaineer in RedLeaf Service, taking in the panoramic sights of Mount Robson and Pyramid Falls before settling in at the 2* Plus Riverland Inn (or similar) in downtown Kamloops. B L
- Kamloops to VancouverJourney through the diverse landscapes of Kamloops arid area, following the Thompson River to Fraser Canyon where the freshwater Fraser and glacial Thompson Rivers meet spectacularly. Pass the foothills of the Coast Mountains and the flat expanse of Fraser Valley, ending at the 4* Sutton Place Hotel. B L
- VancouverVisit some of Vancouver’s major highlights today including Stanley Park, False Creek, Gastown, Chinatown and the Lions Gate Bridge. The rest of the day is at leisure, or take the optional North Shore tour (£125 – pre-bookable with your holiday).
- Vancouver or VictoriaExplore Victoria on today’s optional trip (£105 – bookable with your holiday), otherwise spend time in Vancouver.
- Vancouver and flight homeAfter a free morning, board your non-stop Air Canada flight to London Heathrow.
- LondonYour door-to-door driver will take you home.
One of the world’s most fabled trains, the Rocky Mountaineer offers a daylight service through the Rockies. The two days on board are lengthy and leisurely and you’ll be glad for the time to take in the panoramic views of the extraordinary mountain scenery.
If you’re travelling in RedLeaf you’ll need to pack an overnight bag for your stay in Kamloops, but to make your journey extra special, travel in the dome car of GoldLeaf (see Something special for details).
The journey from Banff to Jasper makes all the brochure photos come to life. Reputed to be one of the most spectacular coach trips in the world.
Please note: these trains travel through rugged and inaccessible terrain. Occasionally freight trains using the same track can cause delays. Consequently, re-routing of the journey may be necessary by road. No compensation is payable in these circumstances.
Tailor Your Tour
Stay in Vancouver from £52 per person.
Your departure transfers, £25 extension supplement and any applicable flight supplements are not included.
Upgrade to SilverLeaf on the Rocky Mountaineer from £345 or GoldLeaf from £595 on your Classic tour. Air Canada’s Executive First costs £2,345 return.
Enhance the impact of the incredible scenery you’ll see on this tour with some equally splendid hotels on our Superior option. Known as the Castle in the Rockies, the 5* Fairmont Banff Springs (meals not included) is one of the area’s best-known landmarks. At your next stop, Jasper, enjoy exquisite service at the 4* Plus Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge. An upgrade to the 3* Coast Canadian Inn (or similar) on your overnight stay in Kamloops during the Rocky Mountaineer train trip is a benefit of travelling in GoldLeaf all the way. Well positioned in Vancouver’s downtown area, the 5* Fairmont Waterfront provides an opulent finish to your holiday.
Departure dates and prices:
|May 2013||Tuesday 14th||£2,495|
|June 2013||Tuesday 11th||£2,825|
|July 2013||Saturday 13th||£2,995|
|August 2013||Tuesday 20th||£2,895|
|September 2013||Tuesday 17th||£2,895|
|September 2013||Tuesday 24th||£2,825|
|May 2014||Tuesday 13th||£2,525|
|June 2014||Tuesday 10th||£2,855|
|July 2014||Saturday 12th||£3,025|
|August 2014||Tuesaday 19th||£2,925|
|September 2014||Tuesday 16th||£2,925|
|September 2014||Tuesday 23rd||£2,855|
|June 2013||Tuesday 4th||£3,845|
|June 2014||Tuesday 3rd||£3,895|
|June 2014||Tuesday 10th||£2,855|
Upgrade to Prestige
Departure Dates and Prices
|June 2013||Tuesday 04th||£3,845|
|June 2014||Tuesday 03rd||£3,895|
Enhance the impact of the incredible scenery you’ll see on this tour with some equally splendid hotels on our Superior option. Known as the Castle in the Rockies, the 5* Fairmont Banff Springs (meals not included) is one of the area’s best known landmarks. At your next stop, Jasper, enjoy exquisite service at the 4* Plus Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge. An upgrade to the 3* Coast Canadian Inn (or similar) on your overnight stay in Kamloops during the Rocky Mountaineer train trip is a benefit of travelling in Goldleaf all the way. Well positioned in Vancouver’s downtown area, the 5* Fairmont Waterfront provides an opulent finish to your holiday.