The breathtaking range of the Rocky Mountains, Alberta and British Columbia stunned early explorers when they first stumbled across its wilderness. Even today, it never ceases to amaze. Join our expert guides as we tour its dizzying heights by train and cross the grand waterways of British Columbia by ferry on our extensive tour of the natural beauty of the Canadian Rockies, Coast Mountains and waterways.
At a Glance
- 3 nights in Banff
- 2 nights in Jasper
- 1 night in Prince George
- 1 night in Prince Rupert
- 1 night in Port Hardy
- 1 night in Campbell River
- 2 nights in Victoria
- 3 nights in Vancouver
- Visit to the Canadian Rockies
- Two-day Skeena train journey through
- Yellowhead Mountain Pass and Skeena Valley
- Cruise on the Inside Passage
- London, Calgary and BanffAfter your door-to-door journey with our pick-up service, fly direct from London Heathrow to Calgary with Air Canada. Head straight to Banff and the 3* Banff Aspen Lodge (this hotel is not air-conditioned), which welcomes you for three nights. The rest of the day is free.
- BanffA day of optional excursions in Banff National Park; a helicopter ride offers an alternative view (pre-bookable with your holiday), otherwise, you’ve a free day. B
- Banff to JasperFollow an incredible route from Banff to Jasper, skirting the Bow Valley on your way to Lake Louise. After a brief stop at the lake, head to the awe-inspiring Columbia Icefield for an optional Ice Explorer ride on the Athabasca Glacier. Reaching Jasper this evening, the 4* Château Jasper becomes home for two nights. B
- JasperOn today’s optional trip to Jasper National Park, cruise on Maligne Lake to Spirit Island. Alternatively, enjoy Jasper under your own steam.
- Jasper to Prince GeorgeAfter a free morning, take VIA Rail’s daylight Skeena train journey across Yellowhead Mountain Pass and the Interior Plateau to Prince George. The 3* Sandman Inn welcomes you for one night. L D
- Prince George to Prince RupertContinuing across the Interior Plateau by rail, follow the Skeena River through Skeena Canyon and the Coast Mountains to the port of Prince Rupert. Spend the night at the 4* Crest Hotel, which offers stunning views of the harbour. B L
- Prince RupertExplore this interesting small town at leisure or book an oprtional excursion
- Prince Rupert to Port HardyCruise along part of the Inside Passage, a narrow stretch of sea where you could see wildlife such as whales, dolphins and grizzly bears. Reaching Port Hardy by late evening, check in at the 3* Glen Lyon Inn for the night.
- Port Hardy to Campbell RiverMorning at leisure before heading to Campbell River for a night in the 3* Painter’s Lodge.
- Campbell River to VictoriaStopping at Butchart Gardens, follow a scenic route to Victoria. After a short orientation tour, settle in at the landmark 4* Plus Fairmont Empress for two nights. This hotel is not air-conditioned.
- VictoriaEnjoy spectacular views on an optional seaplane or join the three-hour whale watching cruise (£70 – pre-bookable with your holiday). Otherwise a day at leisure.
- Victoria to VancouverHead to Swartz Bay and cross to the mainland with BC Ferries. Journey by coach to Vancouver for three nights at the 4* Sutton Place hotel.
- VancouverCover the city’s highlights on this morning’s tour, including Stanley Park, False Creek, Gastown, China Town and the Lions Gate Bridge.
- VancouverA day at leisure.
- Vancouver and flight homeSpend the morning at leisure before your non-stop overnight Air Canada flight.
- LondonArrive at London Heathrow this morning where your door-to-door driver will take you home.
You’ll see untouched wilderness and hidden valleys from the Skeena train as well as the beauty of coastal British Columbia on a stunning ferry ride. Early starts are necessary on a couple of days, but the effort is worth it to fit in all that we’ve planned. The little towns of Prince Rupert and Port Hardy are barely touched by tourism and their rustic nature is part of their charm.
Please note: these trains travel through rugged and inaccessible terrain. Occasionally freight trains using the same track can cause delays. Consequently, re-routing of the journey may be necessary by road. No compensation is payable in these circumstances.
Tailor Your Tour
Extend your tour at the 4* Sutton Place in Vancouver from £52 per person (single supplement £52), on the Rocky Mountaineer, cruising Alaska or watching grizzly bears.
Your departure transfers, £25 extension supplement and any applicable flight supplements are not included.
Air Canada’s Executive First from £2,345 return.
Departure dates and prices:
|June 2013||Monday 17th||£3,395|
|September 2013||Saturday 7th||£3,495|
|June 2014||Monday 16th||£3,425|
|September 2014||Saturday 6rd||£3,525|