Discover Western Canada on this in-depth tour that we’ve carefully designed to give you the best possible introduction to this beautiful country. We’ll show you both the breathtaking wilderness of the Canadian Rockies and the modern beauty of Vancouver. You never know what to expect on this tour, which could come across breaching killer whales, sea lions lounging on the shore and even a grizzly or two. This trip has it all.
At a Glance
- 3 nights in Banff
- 2 nights in Jasper
- 1 night in Penticton
- 3 nights in Vancouver
- 3 nights in Victoria
- Full day scenic drive along the Icefields Parkway from Banff to Jasper
- Stop at Lake Louise
- City tour of Vancouver
- Visit to Butchart Gardens
- Three breakfasts
- London to Calgary and BanffYour door-to-door pick-up driver will take you to London Heathrow for your non-stop Air Canada flight to Calgary. Transfer to the 3* Banff Aspen Lodge. This hotel does not have air conditioning or a bar.
- BanffA full day in Banff to explore or to take an optional helicopter flight.
- BanffExplore the mountains, falls and canyons of Banff National Park on a full-day optional tour. Alternatively, spend the day at leisure.
- Banff to JasperFollow a dramatic landscape from Banff to Jasper today. Stop at Columbia Icefield for an optional Ice Explorer ride. Reaching Jasper National Park, you can relax for the first of two nights at the 3* Lobstick Lodge.
- JasperMorning either at leisure or afloat on the optional Athabasca River raft-ride. Take in the sights of Maligne Canyon, Medicine Lake and Maligne Lake on your afternoon tour of Jasper’s environs.
- Jasper to PentictonWitnessing dramatic changes in scenery, your route south to the Rockies winds through Yellowhead Pass to the foot of the highest peak. Arrive in Kelowna and relax in the 3* Sandman Hotel.
- Penticton to VancouverEnjoy a scenic coach drive from Penticton through the mountains and on to Vancouver and the 4* Sutton Place Hotel
- VancouverStart the day with a visit to the Stanley Park peninsula, continuing to the totem poles of the Northwest Coast Indians, the Lions Gate Bridge, English Bay and Chinatown before concluding in Gastown. The afternoon is free for you to explore further.
- VancouverDay at leisure
- VancouverA full day’s scenic journey by ferry, via Horseshoe Bay and a visit to Butchart Gardens. After arriving in Victoria for a short orientation tour, retire to the 4* Plus Fairmont Empress Hotel or 3* Executive House for 3 nights
- VictoriaA rare opportunity to whale watch on an optional three-hour cruise. (£70 – book with your holiday). Otherwise, spend the day at leisure in Victoria.
- VictoriaEnjoy a day at leisure.
- Vancouverand flight home Journey by ferry to Vancouver and on to the airport for your overnight Air Canada flight to London Heathrow.
- London Your door-to-door driver will take you home.
While this is a thorough introduction to Western Canada, it’s also a favourite with regulars who come back time after time to marvel at the beauty of the wilderness. Few tours offer so many chances to encounter wildlife, as we often spot whales, seals, sea lions, porpoises, sea otters and bears. Be as adventurous as you wish and do something different – try an Ice Explorer ride on the Athabasca Glacier.
Call our Sales Centre to discuss pre-bookable tours
Departure dates and prices:
|May 2013||Wednesday 22nd||£2,395|
|June 2013||Wednesday 12th||£2,595|
|July 2013||Monday 22nd||£2,895|
|September 2013||Thursday 5th||£2,595|
|September 2013||Monday 30th||£2,595|
|May 2014||Wednesday 14th||£2,425|
|June 2014||Wednesday 4th||£2,625|
|July 2014||Sunday 13th||£2,925|
|September 2014||Thursday 4th||£2,625|
|September 2014||Monday 29th||£2,625|