If it’s the unspoilt grandeur of wilderness scenery combined with the luxury of a seven-day cruise with the prestigious Holland America Line you want, then this is the trip for you. Witness snow-capped peaks, remote fjords and the ice-etched beauty of the Alaskan wilderness and Rockies heartland.
At a Glance
- 2 nights in Banff
- 2 nights in Jasper
- 1 night in Sun Peaks
- 1 night in Vancouver
- 7 nights cruising the Inside Passage
- Sightseeing in the Rockies, Banff, Lake Louise, Jasper and Sun Peaks
- Seven-night Inside Passage cruise
- Visits to Juneau, Skagway, Ketchikan and Glacier Bay National Park
- City tour of Vancouver with lunch at Capilano Canyon
- London, Calgary and BanffYour door-to-door driver takes you to London Heathrow for your non-stop Air Canada flight to Calgary. Continue to the 3* Banff Aspen Lodge for your two-night stay in Banff.
- BanffExplore Banff National Park on one or both of today’s optional trips. Alternatively, the day is free.
- Banff to JasperJourney by coach along one of the world’s most spectacular mountain highways. Cross the North Saskatchewan River for a visit to the Columbia Icefield and a chance to take an Ice Explorer ride on the Athabasca Glacier. This evening, check in at the 4* Chateau Jasper, your home for two nights.
- JasperSpend today discovering the beauty and history of Jasper on an optional tour. Otherwise, the day is at leisure.
- Jasper to Sun PeaksTravel through the twists and turns of the Columbia Mountains for incredible views of gorges, waterfalls and forestry, including a stop at Mount Robson, before arriving at the ski area of Sun Peaks for one night at the 4* Delta Sun Peaks Resort.
- Sun Peaks to VancouverFollow the Yellowhead Highway and the Cariboo Wagon Road to the coast and journey along the fertile Fraser Delta to Vancouver, where the 5* Fairmont Waterfront Hotel, adjacent to the cruise terminal, will be your home for one night.
- Inside Passage CruiseSpend the morning at leisure before heading to Canada Place to join your 5* Holland America Line cruise ship, the ms Volendam. Relax and enjoy the luxury of shipboard living and full-board accommodation as you set sail on your cruise of the Inside Passage.
- Inside Passage CruisePass beautiful bays and coves while cruising the thin stretch of sea that runs between the mainland and numerous scattered tiny islands. There may even be sightings of whales as you cruise towards Juneau.
- Inside Passage Cruise – JuneauCruising into the port at Juneau is one of the only ways to reach Alaska’s capital. Here you will have a chance to visit the stunning mile-wide Mendenhall Glacier.
- Inside Passage Cruise – SkagwayExperience the frontier atmosphere today as you visit the gold rush town of Skagway. Explore the area on one of the optional tours available, including the historic White Pass and Yukon Route Railroad.
- Inside Passage Cruise – Glacier Bay National ParkSee rivers of ice flowing to the sea and the phenomenon of ice calving on a visit to the Glacier Bay National Park.
- Inside Passage Cruise – KetchikanSail to Alaska’s oldest city today: originally an Indian fishing camp, Ketchikan is now the salmon capital of the world. Explore the area’s native origins with an optional tour or simply shop and enjoy a fresh salmon lunch in this picturesque hillside city.
- Inside Passage CruiseRelax and enjoy the final day of your cruise as you return to Vancouver.
- Vancouver and flight homeArriving in Vancouver, enjoy a morning city tour before crossing the Lions Gate Bridge to Capilano Park for lunch. This afternoon, head to the airport for your non-stop Air Canada flight to London Heathrow.
- LondonYour door-to-door driver will take you home.
Holland America Line
Sail with Holland America Line and enjoy 5* accommodation on board. The ms Volendam provides modern amenities including a fitness centre, spacious pool area and the silver- service dining room. Alternatively, reserve a table at the intimate Pinnacle Grill (a $20 cover charge applies for each person). The third restaurant, the Lido, ensures a variety of menus to suit every preference. Your spacious, air-conditioned stateroom has a private bathroom, twin beds, double wardrobe, telephone and colour television. During the day, a choice of land excursions are available. Holland America Line does request that you complete their online check-in process prior to leaving the UK.
You will need to carry US and Canadian currency on this cross-border tour. The Holland America Line Alaska cruise has a much-coveted permit to sail among the ice- floes and calving glaciers of the awesome Glacier Bay – out of bounds to most shipping. A gratuity of US $11.50 per person per day will be added to your shipboard account for dining and state room service.
An ESTA is required for your visit to Alaska.
Tailor Your Tour
Extend your tour in Vancouver (from £124 each per night room only, based on sharing a twin room; single supplement from £124). Departure transfers, extension supplement of £25 per person and applicable flight supplements are not included.
Enjoy an outside cabin on your Alaska cruise (supplements from £105); please call our Reservations team to discuss your options.
Upgrade to Executive First on Air Canada for a supplement from £2,065 return.
Departure dates and prices:
|May 2013||Thursday 9th||£2,895|
|May 2013||Thursday 16th||£2,925|
|May 2013||Thursday 23rd||£2,925|
|June 2013||Thursday 6th||£3,095|
|June 2013||Tuesday 11th||£3,295|
|August 2013||Thursday 15th||£3,295|
|September 2013||Thursday 5th||£2,995|
|September 2013||Thursday 12th||£2,995|
|May 2014||Thursday 8th||£2,925|
|May 2014||Thursday 15th||£2,955|
|May 2014||Thursday 22nd||£2,955|
|June 2014||Thursday 5th||£3,125|
|July 2014||Thursday 10th||£3,325|
|August 2014||Thursday 14th||£3,325|
|September 2014||Thursday 4th||£3,025|
|September 2014||Thursday 11th||£3,025|