Visiting each of New England’s six states, this is a tour for those who want to see it all. With Acadia National Park, the varied scenery of mountain and coast and the contrasts of village and city, there’s a little bit of everything on offer. A thorough tour of charming New England, concluding in cosmopolitan Boston.
At a Glance
- 2 nights in Hyannis, Cape Cod
- 2 nights in Providence
- 2 nights in Jiminy Peak, Hancock
- 1 night in Stowe
- 2 nights in Bethel
- 2 nights in Bar Harbor
- 2 nights in Boston
- Sightseeing in Boston and Newport
- Tours of Acadia National Park and Cape Cod
- Time in the Berkshires
- Visit to Old Sturbridge Village
- Two-night stays in Bar Harbor & central Boston
- London to Boston and HyannisYour door-to-door driver will take you to London Heathrow for your Virgin Atlantic flight to Boston. Head straight to Hyannis on Cape Cod, where the 3* Cape Codder at the entrance to the town welcomes you.
- Cape CodDiscover the glorious coastline and charming villages today taking in the sights of Cape Cod’s beautiful beaches and the pretty town of Chatham and its lighthouse. This afternoon, return to Hyannis for an optional cruise around Lewis Bay and Hyannis Harbour, with a chance to view the Kennedy Compound. Otherwise, you are free to relax and enjoy time at leisure.
- Hyannis to Plymouth and ProvidenceStop at the coastal town of Plymouth, where the pilgrims first settled. Continue on to Providence, Rhode Island and the downtown 3* Courtyard by Marriott.
- Providence and NewportVisit the beautiful harbour town of Newport and enjoy a tour of its sights. You can join an optional trip to visit one of Newport’s elegant mansions, before returning to your hotel.
- Providence to HancockPay a visit to Old Sturbridge Village, a recreation of rural New England in the early 19th century. Continue to the 3* Jiminy Peak Resort for two nights in the Berkshire Hills.
- The BerkshiresDiscover the scenery of the Berkshires today on an optional tour – visit the Hancock Shaker Village Museum, an active Shaker Village for two centuries and get a glimpse into the lives and fascinating history of this sect. Then continue to Stockbridge, once home to the artist Norman Rockwell. Alternatively, enjoy free time in the resort.
- Hancock to StoweHead for the village of Stowe, where the Von Trapp family settled. Check in at 3* The Commodores, set by a lake on the way into the town, for one night.
- Stowe to BethelSpend the morning exploring Stowe at leisure before heading to the state of Maine and the 3* Bethel Inn and Country Club in the heart of the village for two nights.
- BethelEnjoy a day of beautiful New England scenery as you journey through the spectacular White Mountains, continue with a stop at Bretton Woods for views of the Presidential Range and Mount Washington, one of the highest peaks in the USA. Continue along the scenic Kancamagus Highway to North Conway, known for its outlet malls before returning to your hotel.
- Bethel to Bar HarborEnjoy more scenery as you pass through the region of Bangor en route to Bar Harbor. Check in at the 3* Grand Hotel or similar.
- Acadia National ParkFind out about the diverse habitats and beautiful coastline of Acadia National Park today.
- Bar Harbor to BostonTravel south to Boston and make yourself at home at the 4* Hilton Hotel located in Boston’s Back Bay district.
- BostonLearn about cosmopolitan Boston’s history on this morning’s tour, taking in sights such as Boston Common, Copley Square, The Freedom Trail and a walking tour of Harvard University. Your tour ends in Quincy Market, before a free afternoon to enjoy the city at your own pace.
- Boston and flight homeYou’ve time to join an optional whale watching cruise before your early evening flight to the UK with Virgin Atlantic.
- London HeathrowYour door-to-door driver will take you home.
New England is such a popular destination that we designed this tour for those who would like to see more of it. Though we cover a lot of ground, there’s still only one single-night stay, so you won’t feel rushed.
Most New England tours include a stay in historic Boston, but many can’t offer downtown accommodation. We give you the Hilton Hotel, located in the heart of the financial district.
On Days 5 and 6 at the Jiminy Peak Resort in Hancock, meals will be restricted to the resort. Whilst in Bar Harbor, the Grand Hotel Bar Harbor has a breakfast room, but you will need to choose from the various restaurants within walking distance of the hotel for dinner.
Tailor Your Tour
All the additional excursions offered during this tour are available from your tour manager.
Spend extra nights in Boston at the 4* Hilton in the Back Bay district from £65 per person per night, based on sharing a twin room on a room-only basis (single supplements cost from £65).
Your departure transfer, extension supplement of £25 and any applicable flight supplements are not included.
Upgrade to British Airways World Traveller Plus from £295 return or Club World from £2,345 return. Please call our Reservations team for details of the fares available.
Departure dates and prices:
|June 2013||Sunday 2nd||£2,095|
|August 2013||Sunday 11th||£2,495|
|September 2013||Sunday 8th||£2,265|
|September 2013||Sunday 15th||£2,325|
|September 2013||Sunday 22nd||£2,325|
|September 2013||Sunday 29th||£2,325|
|October 2013||Sunday 6th||£2,295|
|June 2014||Sunday 1st||£2,125|
|August 2014||Sunday 10th||£2,525|
|September 2014||Sunday 7th||£2,295|
|September 2014||Sunday 14th||£2,355|
|September 2014||Sunday 21th||£2,355|
|September 2014||Sunday 28th||£2,355|
|October 2014||Sunday 5th||£2,325|
Upgrade to Prestige
Departure dates and prices:
Upgrade to Prestige
Spoil yourself and upgrade to Prestige tour, see below for details: 2 nights at the 4* Plus Chatham Bars Inn, Chatham (Cape Cod), 2 nights at the 4* Plus Westin Hotel, Providence, 2 nights at the 4* Plus Westin Hotel, Providence, 2 nights at the 4* Plus Red Lion Inn, Stockbridge (Berkshires), 1 night at the 4* Plus Von Trapp Family Lodge, Stowe), 2 nights at the 4 Bethel Inn and Country Club, Bethel (Main Inn Room), 2 nights at the 4* Plus Harborside Hotel Spa & Marina (Ocean view room), 2 nights at the the 4* Plus Boston Copley Marriott, Boston. Itinerary remains the same as the Classic Tours but with the above upgraded accommodation.