Enjoy the service and facilities of a Thomas Cook Nile cruiser as you glide through centuries to an ancient world. Spend the next four days afloat on the broad and tranquil waters of Lake Nasser. The tour concludes with a visit to Cairo, the treasures of its museum and the spectacular sights of the Sphinx and Pyramids.
At a Glance
- 7 nights cruising on the Nile
- 4 nights cruising on Lake Nasser
- 3 nights in Cairo
- Extensive sightseeing along the Nile and Lake Nasser cruise on a full board basis
- A visit to Abu Simbel to see the Temple of Ramses II, the Temple of Queen Nefertari and the Sound and Light show
- Visits to the Pyramids and Sphinx of Giza and the Egyptian Museum
- London to LuxorYour door-to-door driver takes you to London Heathrow for your EgyptAir flight to Luxor. Meet your tour manager and transfer to the 4* Plus Thomas Cook Nile cruiser for the next seven nights.
- LuxorSail to Dendera to visit its beautiful temple. An afternoon of sailing brings you back to Luxor. B L T D
- LuxorVisit the Valleys of the Kings and Queens before continuing to the Colossi of Memnon and the Temple of Queen Hatshepsut. Afternoon at leisure sailing to Edfu. B L T D
- Edfu, Kom Ombo and AswanVisit the Temple of Horus. After lunch sail to Kom Ombo to visit the Ptolemaic Temple. Sail to Aswan and overnight. B L T D
- AswanVisits to the High Dam, the Unfinished Obelisk and the tranquil island Temple of Philae. This afternoon, a relaxing Felucca trip on the river takes you to Kitchener Island to explore the lush botanical gardens. B L T D
- Aswan to EsnaA morning at leisure in Aswan. Afternoon sail to Esna and overnight. B L T D
- Esna to LuxorSail to Luxor and visit two of Egypt’s most impressive temples of Karnak and Luxor. B L T D
- Luxor to AswanJourney by coach to Aswan and transfer to the 5* MS Prince Abbas. In the afternoon, take an optional excursion to a Nubian Village (book locally). Overnight in Aswan. B L T D
- Lake NasserA motorboat excursion this afternoon takes you to the temple at Kalabsha and continues on to the Kiosk of Kertassi and the beautiful Speos of Beit el Wali. B L T D
- Wadi El Seboua to AmadaA tour to the Temple of Wadi El Seboua followed by the Temple of Amada, the tomb of Penout and the Temple of El Derr. B L T D
- Qasr Ibrim to Abu SimbelThe historic site of Qasr Ibrim can only be viewed from a distance as it is closed for preservation. Sail to Abu Simbel to view the Temple of Ramses II and the Temple of Queen Nefertari. Evening Sound and Light show at Abu Simbel and overnight. B L T D
- Abu Simbel to Aswan and CairoFly from Abu Simbel Airport to Aswan and on to Cairo. Transfer to the 5* Fairmont Towers, Heliopolis. Afternoon at leisure. B
- CairoAn optional excursion to the Citadel, Mosque and Khan El Khalili. An afternoon tour to the Egyptian Museum of Antiquities. B
- CairoVisit the Pyramids of Giza and the Sphinx, followed by Memphis and Saqqara. B
- Cairo to LondonFly to London Heathrow with EgyptAir, where your door-to-door driver will meet you. B
The itinerary has been planned so that all of Egypt’s major sites are visited, but most days include just one sightseeing visit and ample leisure time.
A highlight of the tour is the cruise to Abu Simbel. Please note that many excursions may involve an early start but afternoons have been left free for relaxation on these days.
Whilst sightseeing around Lake Nasser we suggest that you wear closed-toe shoes due to rough terrain.
Please note: that this tour is not suitable for anyone with walking or mobility problems.
Also note: that boats have to be tied up alongside one another due to mooring restrictions on the Nile, which can limit the view from your cabin and involve a walk through several vessels before you reach the bank.
Tailor Your Tour
Enjoy an aerial view of Luxor as your hot air balloon floats high above the rock-carved tombs of the West Bank, the impressive Colossi of Memnon and the amazing temples. Lasting around 45-60 minutes the flight is followed by a light breakfast. This excursion is pre-bookable with your holiday and prices start from £156 per person.
Extend your tour in Cairo. Extra nights at the Fairmont Towers, Heliopolis are from £65 per person per night.
A flight supplement and extension fee of £25 per person applies.
Cruise the Nile in luxury by upgrading your Nile Fleet D Deck Standard Cabin to a C Deck Standard Cabin (from £65), a Suite (from £105) or a Royal Suite (from £145).
Also, upgrades are available on the Prince Abbas, Bridge Deck (from £40), Junior Suite (from £65), or a Royal Suite (from £95). Business class is also available on EgyptAir
Departure dates and prices:
|January 2013||Monday 7th||£2,595|
|March 2013||Monday 18th||£2,595|
|March 2013||Monday 25th||£2,595|
|April 2013||Monday 29th||£2,295|
|May 2013||Monday 6th||£2,095|
|September 2013||Monday 2nd||£2,425|
|September 2013||Monday 9th||£2,425|
|October 2013||Monday 14th||£2,595|
|October 2013||Monday 21st||£2,595|
|November 2013||Monday 25th||£2,495|
|December 2013||Monday 2nd||£2,495|
|January 2014||Monday 6th||£2,625|
|January 2014||Monday 20th||£2,795|
|February 2014||Monday 10th||£2,795|
|March 2014||Monday 17th||£2,625|
|March 2914||Monday 24th||£2,625|
|April 2014||Monday 28th||£2,325|
|May 2014||Monday 5th||£2,125|
|September 2014||Monday 1st||£2,455|
|September 2014||Monday 8th||£2,455|
|October 2014||Monday 13th||£2,625|
|October 2014||Monday 20th||£2,625|
|November 2014||Monday 24th||£2,525|
|December 2014||Monday 1st||£2,525|