There are really no half measures with our comprehensive road tour of the eastern coast of Canada and America. We start in the powerhouse of Washington DC and end up in vibrant New York, with an immersion in the French chic of Montréal and the rich history of New England along the way.
At a Glance
- 2 nights in Washington DC
- 2 nights in Niagara Falls
- 1 night in Toronto
- 2 nights in Ottawa
- 2 nights in Montréal
- 2 nights near Boston
- 2 nights in New York
- Orientation tours of Ottawa and Toronto
- Two-night stay at Niagara Falls
- Sightseeing in Boston, Washington DC and Montréal
- Getting to know New York
- London to Washington DCYour door-to-door driver takes you to Heathrow for your non-stop Virgin Atlantic flight to Washington and two nights at the 4* Marriott Wardman Park.
- Washington DCCover Washington’s must-sees this morning, including the White House, the Jefferson Memorial and the Washington and Lincoln monuments, then see the city by night on an optional excursion.
- Washington to Niagara FallsJourneying north, enter the state of New York before heading over the Canadian border to the 4* Crowne Plaza, your home for two nights.
- Niagara FallsEnjoy a full day to relax. You may wish to ride in the spray of the Niagara Falls on the famous Maid of the Mist and the lovely town of Niagara-on-the-lake on today’s optional trip.
- Niagara Falls to TorontoArriving in Toronto, see the CN Tower and SkyDome Stadium before some time on the harbourfront. Spend the night at the central 4* Sheraton Centre Toronto Hotel.
- Toronto to OttawaJourney to Canada’s capital; unpack at the 4* Lord Elgin Hotel for two nights in the city’s centre.
- OttawaTake in the sights on a morning city tour including the Parliament Building, Rideau Falls and the Prime Minister’s residence. Then explore at your own leisure for the rest of the day.
- Ottawa to MontréalWeave through rural Canada to Montréal before uncovering this chic city’s French influences on an afternoon tour. Check in to the central 4* Delta Centre-Ville.
- Québec City or MontréalPay a visit to Québec City on today’s optional trip: see the highlights on a tour before time at leisure. Alternatively, your day is free in Montréal.
- Montréal to the Boston areaTravel back into the United States for a two-night stay outside Boston at the 4* Boston Marriot Quincy.
- BostonDiscover the sights and history on today’s included tour taking in The Boston Tea Party ship, the Old State House, Quincy Market and Cambridge, the home of Harvard University.
- Boston area to New YorkLeaving Massachusetts behind, head for the Big Apple. Check in at the central 3.5* New Yorker Hotel, before taking in the Manhattan skyline, Times Square and Greenwich Village on an optional evening tour.
- New YorkSoak up Manhattan’s celebrated atmosphere and visit many admirable attractions on a city tour this morning including Central Park, the Rockefeller Plaza and Times Square. This afternoon you can take to the skies for an optional helicopter trip.
- New York and flight homeRelax this morning on an optional boat cruise around the island of Manhattan. You’ll get a chance to see the Statue of Liberty and the magnificent New York skyline from the water. Alternatively, explore under your own steam before your evening Virgin Atlantic flight back to the UK.
- LondonYour door-to-door pick-up driver will be waiting at London Heathrow to take you home.
Remember to bring two currencies for Canada and the US if you intend to shop on your trip.
We can’t think of a better way to visit all those famous East Coast places you’ve heard about all your life than in one fell swoop. Seeing them together and the landscape around them, will give you an invaluable insight into America’s early days.
To give us plenty of time to spend at Niagara Falls, we’ve decided to go right from Washington DC to Niagara in one day. The journey may be long, but we’re sure you’ll agree it’s worth it to be able to have two nights and a full day at the falls.
Tailor Your Tour
Make the most of your tour with the optional excursions that are available from your tour manager.
You can extend your stay at the end of your tour with a tailor-made extension – just call our experienced Reservations team to discuss your ideas.
Additional nights at the New Yorker are available.
Your departure transfer and extension supplement of £25 per person and any applicable flight supplements are not included.
Start and end your holiday in extra comfort: Virgin Atlantic Premium Economy is available from £295 per person return, and Upper Class from £2,175 per person return.
Upgrade to a Falls-view room from £50 per person (£50 single supplement) at the Crowne Plaza, Niagara Falls.
Departure dates and prices:
|April 2013||Friday 19th||£2,195|
|May 2013||Friday 10th||£2,345|
|August 2013||Friday 16th||£2,595|
|September 2013||Friday 6th||£2,395|
|September 2013||Friday 20th||£2,395|
|September 2013||Friday 27th||£2,395|
|April 2014||Friday 18th||£2,225|
|May 2014||Friday 9th||£2,375|
|August 2014||Friday 15th||£2,625|
|September 2014||Friday 5th||£2,425|
|September 2014||Friday 19th||£2,425|
|September 2014||Friday 26th||£2,425|