From modern Toronto to the gothic spires of Montréal and the craggy coastline at what seems like the edge of the world, the views are ever-changing in Eastern Canada. Travel with us on a tour that takes you from the sleek cityscapes to the rural wilds, as we wander through parts of the region that few tourists discover.
At a Glance
- 3 nights in Toronto
- 2 nights in Ottawa
- 2 nights in Mont Tremblant
- 3 nights in Québec City
- 2 nights in Montréal
- 1 night aboard VIA Rail’s Ocean Train
- 2 nights in Halifax
- Sightseeing in Toronto, Ottawa, Québec City, Montréal and Halifax
- Overnight on VIA Rail’s ‘The Ocean’ in bedroom accomodation with breakfast and lunch included
- London to TorontoYour door-to-door driver chauffeurs you to London Heathrow for your non-stop Air Canada flight to Toronto, where the downtown 5* The Fairmont Royal York becomes home for three nights.
- TorontoJoin this morning’s orientation tour of Canada’s largest city, including entry to the CN Tower. Join an optional harbour cruise on Lake Ontario this afternoon, or enjoy some free time.
- Niagara Falls or TorontoA real highlight today – see Niagara Falls on an unmissable optional tour (book with your holiday), returning via Whirlpool Rapids and Queenston Heights.
- Toronto to OttawaStopping in Kingston, site of the Thousand Islands Parkway, journey to Canada’s capital; the central 4* Lord Elgin Hotel welcomes you for two nights.
- OttawaAfter a tour of this cultural city, the day is yours – take a boat trip on the waterways for an alternative view.
- Ottawa to Mont TremblantCross the Rideau Canal and head out into the Laurentians. Stopping at the mountain resort of Mont Tremblant, relax for two nights at the 4* Plus The Fairmont Tremblant Hotel.
- Mont TremblantA full day to explore the stunning alpine scenery of the Laurentians or enjoy the activities at your hotel.
- Mont Tremblant to Québec CityLeaving the Laurentians behind, head towards Canada’s only fortified city. Reaching Québec City by early evening, relax in the 5* The Fairmont Le Château Frontenac.
- Québec CityAfter a morning tour including the Plains of Abraham and Place Royale, the day is yours to explore this small city with its romantic atmosphere and traditional French architecture.
- Whale watching or Québec CityTake an optional tour through the Charlevoix region including a ferry to Tadoussac for lunch at a riverside hotel. After lunch and a chance to spot whales on a trip up the Saguenay River, return to Québec in the afternoon. Alternatively your day is free.
- Québec City to MontréalJourney along the banks of the St Lawrence River to Montréal, where the 4* Delta Centre- Ville is your home for two nights.
- MontréalTake in the Mont-Royal Park, old Montréal and Notre-Dame Basilica on this morning’s city tour. Your afternoon is at leisure for exploring or shopping.
- Montréal and VIA RailThis morning is free to further explore Montréal, before this evening boarding VIA Rail’s Ocean train for the overnight trip to Halifax. D
- VIA Rail to HalifaxRelax as the train glides through the picturesque countryside of Québec, New Brunswick and Nova Scotia to Halifax. The central 4* Delta Halifax is your home for two nights. B L
- HalifaxEnjoy a morning tour of this small friendly town, which includes the stone Citadel. This afternoon enjoy some free time or visit Peggy’s Cove, a small fishing community in Nova Scotia’s maritime area on this afternoon’s optional tour.
- Halifax and flight homeToday is free before your overnight Air Canada flight direct to London Heathrow.
- LondonYour door-to-door driver will take you home.
You can give yourself up to the French lifestyle in Montréal and Québec City’s open- air cafés and restaurants, as well as practise your French as you shop in designer boutiques.
A stay in Le Château Frontenac is a definite plus. Overlooking the old city and the St Lawrence River, it is an easy walk around the old city from this landmark hotel. The wilderness is very close to the cities in this part of the country, such as the rural northern part of Québec, which is worth seeing for its particular loveliness.
This tour balances urban and rural, so that your time in the rugged Laurentian Mountains provides a peaceful break from the more bustling cities. Our non-smoking train takes you across three provinces on your way to coastal Halifax.
Tailor Your Tour
Two of the real highlights of this tour are only available as optional extras – spend a full day at Niagara Falls on day 3, with lunch overlooking the falls (£60) and go whale watching off the east coast on day 10 (£95).
Stay in the Delta Halifax, from £78 per person per night on a room only basis (based on sharing a twin room – single supplement from £78.
These prices do not include your departure transfer, extension supplement of £25 per person or any applicable flight supplements.
Upgrade to a deluxe bedroom on VIA Rail’s Ocean train at a supplement from £20 per person for a more comfortable and private journey.
Upgrade to Executive First on Air Canada for a supplement from £2,095.
Departure dates and prices:
|June 2013||Sunday 16th||£2,895|
|July 2013||Sunday 21st||£3,195|
|September 2013||Sunday 22nd||£2,975|
|June 2014||Sunday 15th||£2,925|
|July 2014||Sunday 20th||£3,225|
|September 2014||Sunday 21st||£3,005|