This tour is one of our perennial bestsellers, perfected after many years of careful fine-tuning. It’s absolutely ideal for first-time visitors to Canada as we cover the whole country from east to west – Montréal to Vancouver – by road, air and sea. From pleasant modern cities to the raw majesty of Canada’s mountains and lakes and its attractive Pacific coast, the leisurely pace of this 17-day tour is one of its greatest attractions.
At a Glance
- 2 nights in Montréal
- 2 nights in Ottawa
- 3 nights in Toronto
- 2 nights in Banff
- 2 nights in Jasper
- 1 night in Kamloops
- 3 nights in Vancouver
- City tours of Montréal, Ottawa and Toronto
- Entrance to the CN Tower
- Scenic drive along the Icefields Parkway from Banff to Jasper
- London to MontréalYour door-to-door driver takes you to London Heathrow for your non-stop Air Canada flight to Montréal. Two nights at the downtown 4* Delta Centre-Ville.
- MontréalThis morning’s city tour takes in sights such as the Notre-Dame Basilica, Olympic Park and Mount Royal volcano. Afternoon at leisure.
- Montréal to OttawaSpend a morning at leisure in Montréal before your journey by coach, crossing the Rideau Canal to Canada’s capital. Explore Ottawa on this afternoon’s city tour. Two nights at the centrally-located 4* Lord Elgin Hotel.
- OttawaThis cultural city has much to offer so spend your day at leisure.
- Ottawa to TorontoJourney by coach to Toronto, following the banks of the St Lawrence River. Three nights at the centrally-located 4* Sheraton Centre Hotel.
- TorontoSituated on the shores of Lake Ontario, Toronto is Canada’s largest city and this morning’s orientation tour takes in many of its highlights.
- Toronto or Niagara FallsExperience one of the Natural Wonders of the World on today’s unmissable optional tour to Niagara Falls (£60 – book with your holiday). Return to Toronto by early evening via the Whirlpool Rapids.
- Toronto to Calgary and BanffBoard your Air Canada flight to Calgary. Reaching Banff National Park this evening, the 3* Banff Aspen Lodge welcomes you for two nights. It does not have air-conditioning.
- BanffA day at leisure or join the optional full-day tour. B
- Banff to Jasper via Lake LouiseTravel north by road, across an Arctic landscape, reaching Jasper to check in at the 3* Lobstick Lodge for two nights. This hotel is not air-conditioned. B
- JasperA day at leisure in the heart of the Athabasca Valley. Relax on one or both of our optional tours.
- Jasper to KamloopsTravel through the twists and turns of the Columbia Mountains for incredible views of gorges, waterfalls and forestry, including a stop at Mount Robson, before arriving at the ski area of Sun Peaks for one night at the 4* Delta Sun Peaks Resort.
- Kamloops to Vancouver An early start for this scenic journey to Vancouver. Late evening arrival for three nights at the 4* Sutton Place hotel.
- VancouverA morning city tour includes visits to Gastown, Stanley Park, Chinatown and False Creek. Afternoon at leisure or visit the North Shore on an optional trip (book with your holiday).
- Victoria or VancouverGet acquainted with Victoria’s main sights on an optional trip (£115 – bookable with your holiday).
- Vancouver and flight homeThe morning is free before heading to Vancouver airport for your overnight Air Canada flight direct to London Heathrow.
- LondonWhen you arrive at London Heathrow, your door-to-door driver will be waiting to chauffeur you home.
With a single one-night stay in the whole trip – most stopovers are two to three days – you’ll have plenty of time to soak up the scenery and atmosphere, from the glaciers, lakes and lofty mountains to the cosmopolitan pleasures of Vancouver (its Chinatown is one of the best in Canada).
If you’ve never seen true wilderness, the awesome natural beauty here will really linger in your mind long after you’ve returned home. A camera is a must.
Tailor Your Tour
Extend your tour on the Rocky Mountaineer, an Inside Passage cruise to Alaska or Grizzly Bears at Knight Inlet.
Or stay in Vancouver from £52 per person sharing a twin room (room only).
Your departure transfer, £25 extension supplement and any applicable flight supplements are not included.
Upgrade to Air Canada’s Executive First from £2,295.
Departure dates and prices:
|April 2013||Monday 29th||£2,595|
|June 2013||Monday 17th||£2,845|
|July 2013||Wednesday 31st||£2,995|
|September 2013||Monday 9th||£2,875|
|September 2013||Monday 25th||£2,745|
|April 2014||Monday 28th||£2,625|
|June 2014||Monday 16th||£2,875|
|June 2014||Wednesday 30th||£3,025|
|September 2014||Monday 8th||£2,905|
|September 2014||Wednesday 24th||£2,775|