An epic adventure of discovery centered around the Rocky Mountaineer Railtours train journey from Jasper to Whistler, we’ve created this tour to show you the old classics – Toronto, Niagara Falls, the Rockies and Vancouver – as well as the less familiar landscapes of northern British Columbia. There’s a spectacular variety of scenery and you may see cowboys hard at work, or even a bear or two.
At a Glance
- 3 nights in Toronto
- 2 nights in Banff
- 1 night at Lake Louise
- 2 nights in Jasper
- 1 night in Quesnel
- 2 nights in Whistler
- 3 nights in Vancouver
- City tours of Toronto and Vancouver
- Sightseeing through the Rockies with stays in Banff, Jasper, and Lake Louise
- Exciting Rocky Mountaineer train journey through the Fraser Canyon
- London to TorontoAfter being chauffeured from your door to London Heathrow, fly to Toronto on Air Canada’s non-stop route. Unpack and relax at the downtown 5* The Fairmont Royal York, your home for three nights.
- TorontoTake in the main sights of Canada’s largest city on this morning’s tour, with entry to the CN Tower. This afternoon, explore under your own steam.
- Niagara Falls or TorontoSee Niagara Falls on an optional trip (book with your holiday). Otherwise, your day is free.
- Toronto to Calgary and BanffFly over the prairies and Great Lakes to Calgary, then follow the Trans Canada Highway towards the Rocky Mountains. Settle in at the 3* Mount Royal Hotel in Banff.
- BanffExplore the stunning scenery around Banff on an optional tour by taking the helicopter tour, or spend the day at leisure.
- Banff to Lake LouiseMore breathtaking scenery en route to Lake Louise. Relax for one night at the 5* The Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise.
- Lake Louise to JasperJourney northwards along the Icefields Parkway, with an optional Ice Explorer ride. Reaching Jasper, check in at the 3* Lobstick Lodge.
- JasperMake the most of a free day in the Athabasca Valley with a choice of optional tours: go river-rafting through Jasper National Park and visit Maligne Lake.
- Jasper to QuesnelYour first day aboard the Rocky Mountaineer in RedLeaf Service – you’ll pass some memorable views. Arriving in the logging town of Quesnel, settle in at the 2* Sandman Inn (or similar). B L
- Quesnel to WhistlerBack on board, take in the arid Fraser Canyon, ranches, hills and Pemberton Valley’s canyons and farms. The 4* Delta Whistler Village Suites welcomes you for a two-night stay. B L
- WhistlerSpend the day as you choose in this resort that offers something for all seasons.
- Whistler to VancouverTraverse the Sea to Sky Highway, stopping to take the Grouse Mountain Skyride and for lunch at the Bridge House Restaurant near the Capilano Suspension Bridge. Continue with a city tour before arriving at Vancouver’s 4* Sutton Place. L
- VancouverA full day in Vancouver to explore further.
- Victoria or VancouverAn optional trip to Victoria with time at Butchart Gardens (book with your tour).
- Vancouver and flight homeDo as you wish before your overnight Air Canada flight direct to London Heathrow.
- LondonYour driver will collect you from Heathrow.
We’ve included a two-day trip on the Rocky Mountaineer Rainforest to Gold Rush to give you the chance to travel by train through rural British Columbia.
Remember to take an overnight bag for your stay in Quesnel.
While we’ve made sure there’s plenty of sightseeing included during your tour, we’ve also left you some free time to either join additional excursions or do exactly as you choose.
Please note: these trains travel through rugged and inaccessible terrain. Occasionally freight trains using the same track can cause delays. Consequently, re-routing of the journey may be necessary by road. No compensation is payable in these circumstances.
Tailor Your Tour
Cruise the Inside Passage, watch the grizzly bears, or stay longer in Vancouver at the Sutton Place Hotel or The Fairmont Hotel Vancouver.
Departure transfer, £25 extension supplement and any applicable flight supplements are not included.
Upgrade your Standard tour on the Rocky Mountaineer to GoldLeaf for a supplement from £595.
You can also choose to fly in Air Canada’s Executive First cabin from £2,445 per person.
We feel this tour is rather special, so we are offering you the chance to make it extra memorable with our Superior option. Start your holiday with a stay in a deluxe room in the Fairmont Royal York before moving on to the dramatic setting of the 5* The Fairmont Banff Springs. The 5* Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise follows in a Lake view room. In Jasper, you’ll be welcomed at the 4* Plus The Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge, and the 2* Sandman Inn (or similar) in Quesnel. You’ll find luxury in the mountains at the 5* The Fairmont Château Whistler and at journey’s end, the 5* The Fairmont Hotel Vancouver.
|May 2013||Tuesday 7th||£2,995|
|May 2013||Tuesday 28th||£3,395|
|July 2013||Tuesday 2nd||£3,745|
|August 2013||Tuesday 27th||£3,525|
|September 2013||Tuesday 10th||£3,495|
|May 2014||Tuesday 6th||£3,025||May 2014||Tuesday 27th||£3,425||July 2014||Tuesday 1st||£3,775||August 2014||Tuesday 26th||£3,555||September 2014||Tuesday 9th||£3,525|
Departure Dates and Prices
|May 2013||Tuesday 07th||£4,595|
|September 2013||Tuesday 10th||£4,595|
|May 2014||Tuesday 06th||£4,625|
|September 2014||Tuesday 09th||£4,625|
Upgrade to Prestige
We feel this tour is rather special, so we are offering you the chance to make it extra memorable with our Prestige option. Start your holiday with a stay in a deluxe room in the Fairmont Royal York before moving on to the dramatic setting of the 5* The Fairmont Banff Springs. The 5* Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise follows in a Lake view room. In Jasper you’ll be welcomed at the 4*Plus The Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge, and the 2* Sandman Inn (or similar) in Quesnel during the Rocky Mountaineer train trip is a benefit of traveling in GoldLeaf. You’ll find luxuryin the mountains at the 5* The Fairmont Chateau Whistler and at journey’s end, the 5* The Fairmont Hotel Vancouver