Soak up the diversity of South Africa – the sunny, stylish streets of Durban and Cape Town, the colour and customs of Zululand, the lions, elephants, ostriches and leopards of the parks and the coast’s empty beaches and rolling surf. From the city to the bush, this is the very best of South Africa.
At a Glance
- 4 nights in Cape Town
- 1 night in Oudtshoorn
- 2 nights in Knysna
- 2 nights in Durban
- 1 night in Hazyview
- 3 nights at Shiduli Private Game Lodge
- 1 night in Johannesburg
- Game drives in Kruger National Park
- Tour of Cape Town and Cape Peninsula
- Visits to Zululand and Oudtshoorn
- London to Cape TownYour door-to-door driver takes you to London Heathrow for your non-stop overnight flight to Cape Town with South African Airways.
- Cape TownReaching Cape Town, enjoy an orientation tour of South Africa’s oldest city and a cable car trip up Table Mountain (weather permitting). Unpack at the 4* Protea Hotel President and relax for the rest of the day.
- Cape Town and the Cape PeninsulaTake a leisurely walk in Kirstenbosch Gardens before a drive around the Atlantic Seaboard via Hout Bay. Visit the Cape of Good Hope Nature Reserve and take the funicular to see where the Atlantic and Indian Oceans meet. Afterwards, head along the Indian Ocean coast to see the penguins at Boulders Beach and drive through the historic naval village of Simon’s Town. B
- The Winelands or Cape TownJoin today’s optional tour to the dramatic mountains and vine-smothered fertile valleys that characterise the Winelands region (book locally) or alternatively, spend the day exploring Cape Town at your leisure. B
- Cape TownYour day is at leisure to enjoy the city’s attractions. B
- Cape Town to OudtshoornJourney to the seaside village of Hermanus, where you may have the chance to see the famous Southern Right Whale. Continue along the Swellendam and Tradouw Pass and on to Oudtshoorn, the ostrich capital of South Africa. Check in at the 3* Queens Hotel for one night. B
- Oudtshoorn to KnysnaExplore the vast, cool limestone caverns of Cango Caves and visit an ostrich farm. Continue along the Outeniqua Mountain Pass towards the coastal town of Knysna and the 4* Protea Hotel Knysna Quays for a two- night stay. B L
- KnysnaEnjoy a visit to Knysna Elephant Park this morning. This afternoon, join an optional cruise on the Knysna Lagoon or a visit to the Featherbed Nature Reserve. B
- Knysna, Port Elizabeth and DurbanPass through a diverse landscape en route to Port Elizabeth today. Fly to Durban this afternoon, for two nights at the 3* Southern Sun Elangeni or similar. B
- Durban and Zululand (KwaZulu Natal)Head and explore up the North coast to Zululand, the fascinating Zulu culture, as you journey into its heart – enjoy the Zulu Kraal experience with dancing and a traditional lunch in the village. B L
- Durban, Johannesburg and HazyviewFly to Johannesburg then make the five-hour drive to Hazyview. Relax at a 3* Protea Hazyview. B D
- Kruger National Park to Shiduli Private Game LodgeAn early-morning game drive by coach through Kruger gives you the opportunity to watch wildlife such as impalas, zebras, hippos, elephants, giraffes, antelopes, cheetahs and lions in their natural habitats. Later, settle into your accommodation at the 4* Shiduli Private Game Lodge, located in the heart of Karongwe Nature Reserve, before an afternoon game drive. B L D
- Shiduli Private Game LodgeAccompanied by a ranger, start early this morning for a drive around the reserve in a 4×4 vehicle, wildlife watching. After breakfast, take time out to absorb the splendour of your surroundings, before heading out for an afternoon bush walk. B L D
- Shiduli Private Game LodgeTake time to relax today, or book an optional game drive. B L D
- Shiduli Private Game Lodge to JohannesburgHead for Johannesburg and the 4* Protea Hotel Wanderers, located in the exclusive suburb of Illovo, for an overnight stay. B
- Johannesburg and flight homeEnjoy an optional tour of Soweto Township or spend the morning at leisure before journeying to Johannesburg airport, for your homeward-bound flight. Alternatively, continue with your extended holiday, perhaps with a trip to Victoria Falls. B
- LondonYour door-to-door pick-up driver guarantees you a relaxing journey home.
This is a fairly relaxed tour that allows you plenty of time to unwind particularly in Cape Town. While there are some long journeys, the scenery along the way is never less than spectacular – along the Garden Route you’ll see ostriches, crocodiles, vast seas and empty beaches.
Although the journey to the Kruger National Park is long and the accommodation there quite basic, this is where your safari really begins.
Tailor Your Tour
Visit Victoria Falls, Zambia, by air. Prices start at £675 per person; you will also be asked for a £25 extension supplement.
Upgrade to a higher room category at Protea President Cape Town and Protea Knysna Quays (from £45 and £35 per person respectively).
Relax on your international flights in South African Airways Business Class from £2,775 per person.
Departure dates and prices:
|February 2013||Tuesday 05th||£3,395|
|March 2013||Tuesday 05th||£3,395|
|July 2013||Tuesday 24th||£3,175|
|September 2013||Tuesday 24th||£3,295|
|October 2013||Tuesday 22nd||£3,595|
|February 2014||Tuesday 04th||£3,445|
|March 2014||Tuesday 04th||£3,445|
|July 2014||Tuesday 23rd||£3,225|
|September 2014||Tuesday 23rd||£3,345|
|October 2014||Tuesday 21st||£3,645|
Upgrade to Prestige
Departure Dates and Prices
|November 2013||Tuesday 05th||£5,195|
|November 2014||Tuesday 04th||£5,245|
Upgrade to Prestige
Spoil yourself and upgrade to a Prestige tour: 4 nights at the 5* Cape Grace, Cape Town, 1 night at the 4* Rosenhof Country House, Oudtshoorn, 2 nights at the 5* Luxury Pezula Resort Hotel & Spa, Knysna (Luxury suite), 2 nights at the 5* Oyster Box Hotel, Durban, 2 nights at the 5* Kapama Private Game Reserve – River Lodge, Hoedspruit, 2 nights at the 5* Tinga Private Game Lodge – Legends or similar (suite), 1 night at the 5* Sandton Sun, Sandton (Johannesburg). Itinerary remains the same as the Classic Tours but with the above accommodation. The four nights in the Kruger area are split into two nights in Kapama and two nights in Tinga.