This tour is an exploration of the truly amazing region that is Québec with its diverse landscapes, rich history, culture and wildlife. Soak up the French lifestyle in Montréal and Québec City and be delighted by the pretty villages of the Eastern Townships. Travel in style along the edge of the St Lawrence River on the luxurious Train of Le Massif de Charlevoix, enjoying gourmet meals as quaint fishing towns and spectacular riverside scenery pass by. Stay in the scenic Charlevoix region at the magnificent “Castle on the Cliff” and enjoy a wilderness experience staying in a traditionally constructed Lodge bordering the Mastigouche Wildlife Reserve overlooking the majestic Lac Sacacomie. Get close to nature and observe whales and the habitats of bear and beaver.
- 2 nights in Montréal
- 1 night in the Eastern Townships
- 2 nights in Québec City
- 2 nights in La Malbaie
- 1 night in Québec City
- 2 nights in Saint-Alexis-des-Monts
- City tours of Montréal and Québec City
- Return rail journey on the Train of Le Massif de Charlevoix between Québec City and La Malbaie
- Excursions to observe whales, bear and beaver
- Six breakfasts, one lunch and one dinner
- London/Montréal Your door-to-door driver takes you to London Heathrow for your non-stop Air Canada flight to Montréal. Make yourself at home for two nights at the 4* Delta Centre-Ville.
- Montréal Take in the Mont-Royal Park, old Montréal and Notre-Dame Basilica on this morning’s city tour. Your afternoon is free for sightseeing.
- Montréal/Eastern Townships Pass through old-world villages and scenic woodlands en route to Magog, renowned for its autumn foliage and white chapels. Relax for one night at the 4* Manoir Des Sables.
- Eastern Townships/Québec City Journey this morning through Québec’s scenic countryside to North America’s only fortified city for two nights at 5* The Fairmont Le Château Frontenac. Afternoon walking tour of Québec City.
- Québec City Today is free to discover the charm of this 400 year old walled city that was declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1985.
- Québec City/La Malbaie Morning departure for Montmorency Falls where we board the Train of Le Massif de Charlevoix for your rail cruise experience travelling between mountains and shore, along 140km of breathtaking riverside scenery. Enjoy breakfast onboard and during the stop en route discover the beauty and character of Baie-Saint-Paul before continuing on to La Malbaie and the 5* Fairmont Le Manoir Richelieu for two nights stay.
- La Malbaie This morning depart for a visit to the UNESCO Heritage Site of Tadoussac at the confluence of the Saguénay Fjord and the St Lawrence River for lunch at a riverside hotel, followed by a whale watching boat trip up the Saguénay River.
- La Malbaie to Québec City Time at leisure before an afternoon transfer to rejoin the Train of Le Massif de Charlevoix for the return to Québec City. Onboard the train this evening enjoy a 4-course gourmet dinner before your arrival in to Québec City and an overnight at the 5* The Fairmont Le Château Frontenac.
- Québec City/Saint-Alexis-des-Monts Leaving the city behind us we travel to the 4* Sacacomie Lodge for a two-night stay. A beautiful deluxe wooden lodge bordering the Mastigouche Wildlife Reserve tucked away in the forest and overlooking majestic Lac Sacacomie this is the perfect place to relax and get back to nature.
- Saint-Alexis-des-Monts At leisure to enjoy a wealth of outdoor activities, a private beach offering complimentary pedal boats, kayaks and canoes on Lac Sacacomie, or the natural beauty of the surrounding areas walking or hiking. Horse riding, fishing, motorboat rentals are just a few of the activities that can be arranged. Or, just sit back on the terrace and enjoy the tranquility and views over the lake. Later today join an experienced trapper on a guided excursion to observe beavers and bears in their natural surroundings.
- Saint-Alexis-desMonts/Montréal/London Leave for Montréal to catch your return Air Canada flight to London Heathrow.
- London Your door-to-door driver will transport you home.
Tailor Your Tour
This tour takes you into the chic of Montréal and Québec City, as well as, the wilderness of more rural Québec. So a blend of smart and casual clothing will be required. Good walking shoes will also be required. At the Sacacomie Lodge there are quite a few stairs around the Lodge so this tour is not suitable for anyone with walking or mobility problems. Also the Bear and Beaver tour is basic as far as transportation is concerned due to entering the forests around the resort searching for wildlife and can be quite bumpy.
Tailor Your Tour
Extend your stay with a few extra nights in Montréal at the 4* Delta Centre Ville from £71 per person per night based on sharing a twin room (single supplement £71). Departure transfers, £25 extension supplement and any applicable flight supplements are not included.
Upgrade to Air Canada’s Executive First from £2195 per person, return.
Departure dates and prices:
|August 2013||Sunday 25th||£2,595|
|September 2013||Sunday 08th||£2,695|
|August 2014||Sunday 9th||£2,625|
|September 2014||Sunday 07th||£2,725|