This tour is a must for all train lovers, commencing in the heart of the Rockies and Banff National Park before boarding the Rocky Mountaineer daylight train service through to Vancouver. Enjoy a stay in this beautiful Canadian city before joining the new Rocky Mountaineer service ‘The Coastal Passage’ along the glistening shorelines to Seattle, the Emerald City. From here join the 5A Holland America cruise to Alaska for seven nights to enjoy a spectacular window on this region’s coastal delights.
At a Glance
- 3 nights in Banff
- 1 night in Kamloops
- 2 nights in Vancouver
- 1 night in Seattle
- 7 nights cruising the Inside Passage
- 1 night in Seattle
- Door-to-door pick-up service
- Daylight train journey on the Rocky Mountaineer in GoldLeaf service including breakfast and lunch
- City tour of Seattle
- Seven-night Inside Passage cruise onboard the Holland America Line on a full-board basis
- London to Calgary and Banff Your door-to-door driver chauffeurs you to London Heathrow for your non-stop flight to Calgary with British Airways. Journey by road to Banff for your three-night stay at the 3* Banff International Hotel.
- Banff A day at leisure to acclimatise, or you may want to take an optional helicopter flight.
- Banff Explore the mountains, falls and canyons of Banff National Park on a full-day optional tour. Alternatively spend the day at leisure.
- Banff to Kamloops All aboard the Rocky Mountaineer for one of the world’s most spectacular train trips. Journey today departing Banff in GoldLeaf Service. Early evening arrival into Kamloops for an overnight stay at the 3* Coast Kamloops hotel or similar.
- 5. Kamloops to Vancouver Early morning departure rejoining the Rocky Mountaineer for the next leg of the journey. Pass diverse landscapes and marvel at the Fraser Canyon as you enter the Coast Mountains. Arrive in Vancouver early evening and transfer to the 4* Sheraton Wall Centre hotel or similar.
- Vancouver A day at leisure in this stunning city, surrounded by water and mountains, it really
is a city to enjoy.
- Vancouver to Seattle Morning departure from Vancouver to Seattle on Rocky Mountaineer’s Coastal Passage train. Sit back, relax and enjoy the views as you cross the border arriving in Seattle, USA. Transfer to the Sheraton hotel.
- Seattle/Inside Passage cruise Spend the morning at leisure before joining the 5* Holland America Line cruise ship. Set sail on your cruise and enjoy the scenery as you sail through Puget Sound.
- Inside Passage At day at leisure on board, passing beautiful bays and coves.
- Tracy Arm A fjord over 30 miles long and one-fifth of the area covered in ice, Tracy Arm is a sight to behold. During the summer, considerable floating ice ranging from hand-sized pieces of ice as large as a three-story building can be viewed.
- Juneau Arrive into Juneau where you will have the chance to visit the stunning mile-wide
Mendenhall Glacier and some of the city’s museums.
- Sitka Arrive in Sitka, situated on Baranof Island with mountains on one side and the Pacific Ocean on the other.
- Ketchikan Sail to Alaska’s oldest city today, originally an Indian fishing camp.
- Inside Passage/Victoria Sail to Victoria with time in the capital of British Columbia this evening.
- Seattle Cross back to the USA and arrive into Seattle early this morning and disembark. Enjoy a morning city tour before transferring back to the Sheraton hotel for an overnight stay.
- Seattle/London Transfer to the Airport for the non-stop overnight British Airways flight to London.
- London Your door-to-door driver will take you home.
A fantastic opportunity to explore the West Coast of Canada by train on one of the world’s most spectacular train trips on board the Rocky Mountaineer, what makes this trip special is that you will experience one of the inaugural trips on The Coastal Passage, Rocky Mountaineer’s new route from Vancouver to Seattle. The whole trip will be in GoldLeaf service making this journey even more special!
On the Inside Passage to Alaska on board Holland America Line a gratuity of US$11.50 per person per day will be added to your shipboard account for dining and state room service. You will need to carry US and Canadian currency for this cross border tour. Holland America request that an online check-in is completed prior to departing the UK. An ESTA is required for entry to the USA.
Tailor Your Tour
Make the most of your tours with the pre- bookable excursions
Extend your stay with a few extra nights at the 4u Sheraton Seattle hotel (from £73 per person per night, based on sharing a twin room). Departure transfers, £25 extension supplement and any applicable flight supplements are not included.
Enjoy an outside cabin on your Alaska cruise please call our Reservations team to discuss your options. Upgrade to World Traveler Plus on your British Airways flight for a supplement from £495 return
Departure dates and prices:
|August 2013||Sunday 18th||£4,695|
|August 2014||Sunday 17th||£4,725|