A journey of scenic splendours – starting with the Rocky Mountains and the Rocky Mountaineer daylight train service through to Vancouver at the ocean’s edge. Then on to the Holland America 5* cruise to see Alaska under the midnight sun on the Inside Passage Cruise, where the ambience is elegant, the service impeccable and the cuisine superb.
At a Glance
- 3 nights in Banff
- 1 night in Kamloops
- 2 nights in Vancouver
- 7 nights cruising the Inside Passage
- Sightseeing around Banff National Park including a visit to the stunning Lake Louise
- Daylight train journey through the Rockies
- Seven-night Inside Passage Cruise
- Cruise into Glacier Bay National Park
- City tour of Vancouver’s highlights
- London to Calgary and Banff Your door-to-door driver chauffeurs you to London Heathrow for your non-stop flight to Calgary with Air Canada. Journey by road to Banff for your three-night stay at the 3* Banff Aspen Lodge. (This hotel is not air-conditioned).
- Banff A day at leisure to acclimatise, or you may want to take an optional helicopter flight.
- Banff Explore the mountains, falls and canyons of Banff National Park on a full-day optional tour. Alternatively spend the day at leisure.
- Banff to Kamloops All aboard the Rocky Mountaineer for one of the world’s most spectacular train trips. Journey today departing Banff in RedLeaf Service. Early evening arrival into Kamloops for an overnight stay at the 2* Plus Riverland Inn (or similar).
- Kamloops to Vancouver Early morning departure rejoining the Rocky Mountaineer for the final leg of the journey. Pass diverse landscapes and marvel at the Fraser Canyon as you enter the Coast Mountains. Arrive in Vancouver early evening and transfer to the 4* Coast Coal Harbour hotel.
- Vancouver or Victoria Explore Victoria on today’s optional trip (£105 – bookable with your holiday), including an orientation tour on arrival and a visit to the beautiful Butchart Gardens. Otherwise, spend time in Vancouver.
- Vancouver/Inside Passage Cruise Spend the morning at leisure in Vancouver before heading to Canada Place to join your 5* Holland America Line cruise ship. Relax and enjoy the luxury of shipboard living and full-board accommodation as you set sail on your cruise of the Inside Passage.
- Inside Passage Cruise Pass beautiful bays and coves while cruising the thin stretch of sea that runs between the mainland and numerous scattered tiny islands. There may even be sightings of whales as you cruise towards Juneau.
- Inside Passage Cruise – Juneau Cruising into the port at Juneau is one of the only ways to reach Alaska’s capital. Here you will have a chance to visit the stunning mile- wide Mendenhall Glacier and some of the city’s museums.
- Inside Passage Cruise – Skagway Experience the frontier atmosphere today as you visit the gold rush town of Skagway. Explore the area on one of the optional tours available, including the historic White Pass and Yukon Route Railroad.
- Inside Passage Cruise – Glacier Bay National Park See rivers of ice flowing to the sea and the phenomenon of ice calving on today’s unforgettable visit to the Glacier Bay National Park.
- Passage Cruise – Ketchikan Sail to Alaska’s oldest city today: originally an Indian fishing camp, Ketchikan is now the salmon capital of the world.
- Inside Passage Cruise Relax and enjoy the seascapes on the final day of your cruise as you return to Vancouver.
- Vancouver and flight home Arriving in Vancouver, enjoy a city tour. Highlights include Stanley Park, False Creek, the Lions Gate Bridge and lunch at Capilano Canyon. Later this afternoon head to the airport for your non-stop Air Canada flight to London Heathrow.
- London Your door-to-door driver will take you home.
This tour is a great combination of scenic splendours starting with one of the world’s most spectacular train trips on board the Rocky Mountaineer train. If you’re travelling in RedLeaf you’ll need to pack an overnight bag for your stay in Kamloops.
The next scenic wonder is the seven-night cruise along the Inside Passage to Alaska on board Holland America Line. This company has a much-coveted permit to sail among the ice-floes and calving glaciers of the awesome Glacier Bay. Please note, however, visits by cruise ships to Glacier Bay are restricted; if entry to Glacier Bay is not permitted, a cruise to the Hubbard Glacier, will be offered in its place. A gratuity of US $11.50 per person per day will be added to your shipboard account for dining and state room service.
Remember you will need to carry US and Canadian currency for this cross border tour. Holland America request that an online check-in is completed prior to departing the UK.
An ESTA is required for entry into Alaska.
Please note: these trains travel through rugged and inaccessible terrain. Occasionally freight trains using the same track can cause delays. Consequently, re-routing of the journey may be necessary by road. No compensation is payable in these circumstances.
Tailor Your Tour
Make the most of your tours with the pre-bookable excursions.
Extend your stay with a few extra nights at the 4* Coast Coal Harbour hotel (from £88 per person per night, based on sharing a twin room).
Departure transfers, £25 extension supplement and any applicable flight supplements are not included.
Upgrade to SilverLeaf from £345 or GoldLeaf from £595 on the Rocky Mountaineer. Enjoy an outside cabin on your Alaska cruise (supplements from £105 per person); please call our Reservations team to discuss your options.
Upgrade to Executive First on Air Canada for a supplement from £2,075 return.
Departure dates and prices:
|May 2013||Thursday 16th||£3,295|
|May 2013||Thursday 30th||£3,575|
|June 2013||Thursday 13th||£3,595|
|June 2013||Thursday 20th||£3,595|
|July 2013||Thursday 18th||£3,895|
|August 2013||Thursday 15th||£3,895|
|August 2013||Thursday 29th||£3,695|
|September 2013||Thursday 5th||£3,525|
|September 2013||Thursday 12th||£3,495|
|May 2014||Thursday 15th||£3,325|
|May 2014||Thursday 29th||£3,605|
|June 2014||Thursday 12th||£3,625|
|June 2014||Thursday 19th||£3,625|
|July 2014||Thursday 17th||£3,925|
|August 2014||Thursday 14th||£3,925|
|August 2014||Thursday 28th||£3,725|
|September 2014||Thursday 4th||£3,555|
|September 2014||Thursday 11th||£3,525|