Our goal with this tour is to introduce you to some of our favourite scenery. There is nothing quite like the panoramic views in the Western US, with stark rock sculptures carved by wind and rain. Discover the extraordinary vistas of Monument Valley, the awe-inspiring depths of the Grand Canyon and the Old Western streets of Scottsdale, Arizona. This is a perfect harmony of Wild West culture and magnificent scenery.
At a Glance
- 2 nights in Scottsdale
- 1 night in Monument Valley
- 3 nights in Moab
- 2 nights in Bryce
- 2 nights in Flagstaff
- Sightseeing in five national parks: Arches, Canyonlands, Bryce, Zion and Grand Canyon
- Visits to Lake Powell, Sedona and Oak Creek Canyon
- Overnight stay in Goulding’s Lodge overlooking Monument Valley
- London to Phoenix and Scottsdale Your door-to-door driver takes you to London Heathrow for your non-stop British Airways flight to Phoenix. The 4* Indigo in nearby Scottsdale, set in the heart of the Old Town, is your home for two nights.
- Scottsdale A morning orientation tour introduces you to Scottsdale before an afternoon at leisure. The optional dinner at Pinnacle Peak Patio this evening is the perfect start to your tour of the West.
- Scottsdale to Monument Valley View the multi-coloured hues of the Painted Desert as you leave Arizona for Utah today. On arrival in Monument Valley, watch the sun set from the spectacularly placed 3* Goulding’s Lodge.
- Monument Valley to Moab Get a better look at Monument Valley’s amazing red rock formations on this morning’s optional jeep ride, then head into the heart of the Canyonlands after lunch. Unpack at the 3* Ramada Inn or similar, in the centre of delightful Moab for a three-night stay. This evening you could enjoy a boat trip through the haunting illuminated canyon and a cowboy cook-out on an optional trip.
- Arches National Park Spend an entire morning in the incredible Arches National Park, where sandstone arches and towering spires sprout from the desert floor. This afternoon, choose to ride a raft down the Colorado River or spend time at leisure.
- Canyonlands National Park Explore the varied rock formations of this interesting national park – you may recognise it from ‘Thelma and Louise’. If you’re feeling more adventurous, join our 4×4 jeep tour for a Wild West experience.
- Moab to Bryce Canyon National Park Pass through a changing landscape as you leave the desert behind en route to Bryce Canyon, where the 3* Ruby’s Inn, set at the gateway to Bryce Canyon National Park, becomes your home for two nights. Visit this fascinating park in the afternoon and discover its unique geology which includes a series of horseshoe-shaped amphitheatres and other strange shapes carved from the coloured limestone rock.
- Zion National Park Explore Zion, one of the prettiest national parks in the region, for a mixture of canyons, deserts and forested plateaux.
- Bryce to Lake Powell and Flagstaff Stop at Lake Powell on the way back into Arizona for an optional boat trip. Arriving in Flagstaff, settle in at the 4* Little America Hotel at the town’s entrance for a two-night stay.
- Grand Canyon With a whole day at the Grand Canyon, you’ve plenty of time to absorb its magnificent beauty. The optional helicopter ride provides a perfect view.
- Flagstaff to Phoenix and flight home See Oak Creek Canyon and the red rocks of enchanting Sedona on your journey to Phoenix for your non-stop British Airways evening flight to London. Alternatively, extend your stay in the Wild West in Scottsdale.
- London Arrive at London Heathrow early this afternoon, where your door-to-door driver will meet you.
Enjoy some of the world’s best views on this trip: watch the sun set over the red mesas of Monument Valley from your room’s balcony or patio and spend a full day exploring the multi-hued Grand Canyon.
This tour’s relaxed pace means you can take your time, see the sights without feeling rushed and actually walk in the splendid parks. Of course, you choose how much walking you wish to do. If you prefer to pack more in, there are plenty of optional trips to take as we go.
Being in the National Park area, some hotels are of motel style with outside access, such as Ruby’s Inn, Goulding’s Lodge and Ramada Moab, but you won’t be thinking about anything more than the lovely location.
We do get to some good heights on this tour – sometimes in excess of 8,000 feet – so take it slowly on those days and drink lots of water.
Tailor Your Tour
Make the most of your tour with the optional excursions on offer from your tour manager.
Stay longer at the Indigo in Scottsdale. Extra nights are available from £35 per person on a room-only basis, based on sharing a twin room (single supplement from £35).
As there are so many other ways to extend your tour in the Wild West, you may have your own ideas – call our Reservations team to discuss them.
Your departure transfer and £25 extension supplement are not included and flight supplements may apply.
Travel in comfort with British Airways in World Traveller Plus for a supplement from £645 per person return.
For even more legroom and extra luxuries, upgrade to Club World from £3,330 per person return.
If you’d like to upgrade just one of your flights, please call us for prices.
Departure dates and prices:
|February 2013||Monday 18th||£1,895|
|April 2013||Monday 8th||£2,095|
|May 2013||Monday 13rd||£2,195|
|September 2013||Monday 16th||£2,195|
|February 2014||Monday 17th||£1,925|
|April 2014||Monday 7th||£2,125|
|May 2014||Monday 12th||£2,225|
|September 2014||Monday 1st||£2,225|
|September 2014||Monday 15th||£2,225|