A revelation of the primordial beauty of New Zealand’s North and South Islands, this tour takes in the eerie thermal eruptions of Rotorua, the majesty of Doubtful Sound, the Bay of Islands and gorgeous Queenstown. The natural warmth of New Zealanders completes the picture for a great holiday in the Southern hemisphere.
At a Glance
- 2 nights in Auckland
- 2 nights in Paihia
- 1 nights farm stay
- 2 nights in Rotorua
- 2 nights in Wellington
- 1 night in Christchurch
- 1 night at The Glaciers
- 3 nights in Queenstown
- 1 night in Dunedin
- 1 night Omarama (Mt Cook region)
- 2 nights in Christchurch
- A cruise on Milford Sound
- Overnight farm stay
- Boat trip through the Bay of Islands
- Sightseeing in Christchurch
- Time in the Glacier region
- Stop in the Mount Cook area
- Seeing the sights of Queenstown
- Glow-worms in the Waitomo Caves
- Sightseeing in Rotorua and Wellington
- Scenic TranzAlpine train journey from Christchurch to Arthur’s Pass
- London to AucklandYour door-to-door driver takes you to London Heathrow for your Air New Zealand flight via Los Angeles to Auckland.
- See above
- AucklandReaching the ‘City of Sails’ today, unpack for two nights at the 4* Crowne Plaza Hotel. Enjoy an orientation tour of the city today.
- AucklandExplore Auckland at your leisure. B
- Auckland to Paihia (Bay of Islands)Journey to the Bay of Islands and, reaching Paihia, board a cruise through big-game fishing waters and the famous ‘Hole in the Rock’ before dropping anchor in Otehei Bay to explore Urupukapuka Island. Returning to Paihia, check in at the 3* Scenic Hotel, Bay of Islands for two nights. B
- Bay of IslandsJoin the optional Cape Reinga tour or spend the day as you please. B
- Bay of Islands to CambridgeTravel through Waikato’s lush farming area to Cambridge, where you will be collected by your friendly host for a home-cooked meal and a 3* overnight farm stay. B D
- Cambridge to Waitomo and RotoruaStart the day at Waitomo Caves for a boat trip and continue on to the 4* Millennium Hotel, your home for two nights. This evening, enjoy a Maori Hangi, a combination of feast and concert. B D
- -RotoruaJourney to the boiling mud pools and spouting geysers of Wai-O-Tapu’s thermal nature reserve and visit the Maori Arts & Crafts Institute before heading to Paradise Valley Springs wildlife sanctuary. B
- Rotorua to WellingtonHead to Wellington, for a brief city tour and a visit to the Te Papa Museum, before settling in at the 4* Intercontinental Hotel for the night. B
- WellingtonEnjoy a morning tour of Wellington including a visit to the Te Papa Museum.
- Wellington to ChristchurchSail through Marlborough Sound to Picton, and stop at the Brancott Estate Winery in Blenheim for wine tasting and a tour on the way to Christchurch. Check in at the 3* Ibis Hotel for an overnight stay. B
- Christchurch to The GlaciersCross the Southern Alps on your scenic TranzAlpine train journey from Christchurch to Arthur’s Pass, before continuing by road to The Glaciers and the 3* Scenic Hotel Franz Josef Glacier for a night. B
- The Glaciers to QueenstownHead to Haast Pass, through a beautiful UNESCO World Heritage area including Lake Wanaka and Hawea, to the alpine resort of Queenstown. Settle in for three nights at the 4* Crowne Plaza Hotel. B
- QueenstownTake a cable-car ride to the summit of Bob’s Peak for panoramic views before boarding the TSS Earnslaw steamer for a cruise across Lake Wakatipu to Walter Peak High Country Farm. B
- QueenstownA real highlight as you take in some of South Island’s most breathtaking scenery. Board your cruise, relax and enjoy some stunning scenery as you cruise around Milford Sound. The return to Queenstown. B
- Queenstown to DunedinContinue east to Dunedin, for one night at the 3* Southern Cross Hotel. B L D
- Dunedin to the Mount Cook areaAfter a short tour of Dunedin, head to the Mount Cook region of Omarama. Spend one night at the 3* Heritage Gateway Hotel. B D
- Mount Cook to ChristchurchJoin the optional flightseeing tour of Mount Cook, before this afternoon’s journey to Lake Tekapo and the town of Geraldine. Reaching Christchurch, make yourself at home at the 4* Heritage Hotel for two nights. B
- ChristchurchSee the highlights of Christchurch on today’s tour before taking a relaxing ride in a punt on the Avon River. B
- Christchurch to LondonYou’ve a free morning before your flight with Air New Zealand, via Los Angeles, to London Heathrow. B
- LondonYour door-to-door driver will take you home.
The flight to New Zealand is long, so we take things easy to begin with so you can get your bearings. The rest of the tour is fairly relaxed so you don’t need to worry about being as fit as a Kiwi farmer to enjoy it – you can decide precisely how active you want to be.
To give you a more personal experience of New Zealand culture, we’ve included a night’s stay with a local family, where you will be split into smaller groups. Please note that private facilities cannot be guaranteed here.
Another night is spent cruising the incredible Doubtful Sound so you can experience its silent beauty under the stars.
Tailor Your Tour
Extend your stay in Fiji or spend some extra time in Christchurch or Auckland. Please call our Reservations team for prices.
Upgrade on your international Air New Zealand flights in Premium Economy (from £1,545) or Business Premier Class (from £3,145).
Departure dates and prices:
|February 2013||Friday 1st||£4,995|
|October 2013||Friday 11th||£4,995|
|November 2013||Friday 1st||£4,995|
|January 2014||Friday 24th||£4,895|
|February 2014||Friday 21st||£4,895|
|October 2014||Friday 10th||£4,595|
|October 2014||Friday 31st||£4,595|
Upgrade to Prestige
Departure Dates and Prices
|November 2013||Friday 8th||£5,495|
|November 2014||Friday 7th||£5,595|
Upgrade to Prestige
Spoil yourself and upgrade to a Prestige tour: 2 nights at the 5* SkyCity Grand Hotel, Auckland, 2 nights at the 3* Copthorne Hotel Paihia, Bay of Islands (Water view room) , 1 night at the 3* Farmstay Cambridge, 2 nights at the 4* Millennium Hotel, Rotura, (Superior Lakeview room), 1 night at the 4*Plus Intercontinental Hotel, Wellington, 1 night at the 4*Plus Copthorne Commodore Hotel, Christchurch (Superior room), 1 night at the 3* Scenic Hotel Franz Josef Glacier, 3 nights at the 4*Plus Hilton Queenstown Palace, Queenstown, 1 night on board the 4* Fiordland Navigator on Doubtful Sound, 1 night at the 4* Southern Cross Hotel, Dunedin (Superior Room), 1 night at the 5* Peppers Bluewater Resort, Tekapo, 2 nights at the 4* Plus Copthorne Commodore Hotel, Christchurch (Superior room).