Get as close as you dare to the big game of Africa on this journey across the vast grassy plains of Kenya. This tour is all about the magnificent animals of East Africa and our mission is to ensure you see as much as possible. So we have included the lesser visited Samburu National Reserve as well as the more familiar Lake Nakuru, Mount Kenya and Masai Mara Parks. Elephants, lions, leopards, cheetahs, giraffes and zebras are just some of the wild creatures to look out for on the thrill of your safari.
At a Glance
- 1 night in Nairobi
- 1 night in Mount Kenya
- 2 nights in Samburu
- 1 night at Lake Nakuru
- 1 night at Lake Naivasha
- 2 nights in the Masai Mara
- 1 night in Nairobi
- 8 Game drives in Lake Nakuru National Park and in the Masai Mara and Samburu National Reserves
- Visit to a Masai village and school
- Bush barbecue dinner
- London to NairobiYour door-to-door driver takes you to London Heathrow for your overnight Virgin Atlantic flight to Nairobi.
- NairobiReaching Nairobi today, relax at the 3* Jacaranda Hotel, your base for the night. Discover the city on an optional tour or spend your day at leisure.
- Nairobi to Mount KenyaToday journey north towards the Mount Kenya region. On arrival check in to the 3* Serena Mountain Lodge and spend the afternoon at leisure, watching wild animals that come to drink at the watering hole next to the lodge. B L D
- Mount Kenya to Samburu National ReserveCross the equator en route to Samburu National Reserve. Reaching the 3* Samburu Sopa Lodge, which welcomes you for a two-night stay, enjoy your first game drive this afternoon. B L D
- Samburu National ReserveSamburu’s wildlife includes species rarely seen elsewhere, so begin your day with an early morning game drive before breakfast at the lodge. Look out for Somali ostrich, reticulated giraffe, beisa oryx and Grevy’s zebra. The rest of the morning is at leisure before an afternoon game drive. B L D
- Samburu to Lake Nakuru National ParkJourney back across the equator to the Great Rift Valley to Lake Nakuru National Park with a picnic lunch near the breathtaking Thompson Falls. This afternoon enjoy a game drive and observe the pink shores of the lake, home to over a million flamingos, as well as a variety of other bird and animal life. The 3* Lake Nakuru Lodge welcomes you for an overnight stay. B L D
- Lake Nakuru to Lake NaivashaAfter an early morning game drive head for the Lake Naivasha region and settle in at the 3* Lake Naivasha Simba Lodge for the night. Enjoy the afternoon at leisure or join in one of the optional activities available, such as a boat ride or a visit to Crescent Island. B L D
- Lake Naivasha to the Masai MaraTraverse the Rift Valley to the Masai Mara, Kenya’s leading game reserve and the northern extension of the Serengeti ecosystem. Settle in at the 3* Keekorok Lodge, located within the Masai Mara Reserve on the shores of the Talek River, for two nights. This afternoon, embark on a game drive and observe the immensely high density and diversity of wildlife indigenous to the reserve. B L D
- Masai MaraTake an early morning game drive followed by breakfast back at the lodge. Alternatively, take to the skies early this morning on the optional balloon flight over the Mara, a great way to see elephants, lions, leopards and rhinos, followed by a bush champagne breakfast (book through your tour manager). After lunch, visit a Masai village and school before an afternoon game drive. This evening make the most of your last night in the reserve with a bush barbecue dinner. B L D
- Masai Mara to NairobiEnjoy your final game drive early this morning before breakfast at the lodge. Leaving the Masai Mara behind, travel to Nairobi for an overnight stay back at the 3* Jacaranda Hotel. B
- Nairobi to LondonBoard your direct Virgin Atlantic flight to London Heathrow where your door-to-door driver will be waiting to chauffeur you home. If you find it hard to tear yourself away from the wonderful wildlife why not head to Tanzania and take our secrets of the Serengeti tour. B
Kenya’s days are warm and its nights cool, so bring cool cotton clothes in neutral colours, comfortable shoes and warmer clothes for the evenings. Don’t forget your hat, camera and binoculars.
Exciting rather than relaxing, this tour is jam-packed. Roads are bumpy, so expect to travel in a convoy of vehicles rather than in one coach. We also head out early most days for the best game-viewing conditions.
Tailor Your Tour
See more of Kenya on the optional excursions, such as the early morning balloon trip on Day 9, available from your tour manager.
Add a touch of beach relaxation with a three-night stay at the 4* Bluebay Beach Resort & Spa in Zanzibar from £575 per person (single supplement from £165).
Additional nights are available. Please ask our Reservations team for more details.
You will also be asked for an extension supplement of £25 per person and any applicable flight supplements.
Fly in style with Kenya Airways Premier World Class, available at a supplement from £1,995 per person, based on return flights.
Departure dates and prices:
|April 2013||Monday 15th||£2,695|
|June 2013||Monday 3rd||£2,695|
|August 2013||Monday 19th||£2,895|
|September 2013||Monday 9th||£2,895|
|September 2013||Monday 2nd||£2,895|
|April 2014||Monday 14th||£2,745|
|June 2014||Monday 2nd||£2,745|
|August 2014||Monday 18th||£2,945|
|September 2014||Monday 8th||£2,945|
|September 2014||Monday 29th||£2,945|