Explore five of China’s biggest cities and some of the country’s iconic places, the Great Wall of China, Tian’anmen Square, the Forbidden City and the Terracotta Warriors. Then experience the hustle and bustle of Shanghai and Hong Kong. This is a journey through one of the world’s most historic countries that you will never forget.
At a Glance
- 3 nights in Beijing
- 2 nights in Xi’an
- 2 nights Chengdu
- 2 nights in Shanghai
- 3 nights in Hong Kong
- Visits to the Great Wall of China and the Terracotta Warriors
- Sightseeing in Beijing, Xi’an, Shanghai, Chengdu and Hong Kong
- Visit to the Giant Panda Breeding and Research Centre in Chengdu
- London to BeijingYour door-to-door driver chauffeurs you to London Heathrow for your overnight flight to Beijing with British Airways.
- BeijingArrive in Beijing and transfer to the 3* Holiday Inn Downtown Beijing which is your home for three nights. Later visit the Temple of Heaven where emperors would pray for good harvests.
- BeijingTour Tian’anmen Square where Mao Zedong first proclaimed the birth of the People’s Republic of China, now the site of his burial. Continue on to the Forbidden City which for over 500 years was the home to emperors of China and their households. This afternoon, tour the Summer Palace, which in 1998 was declared by UNESCO as a ‘masterpiece of Chinese landscape garden design’. B L
- Great Wall and Sacred WayThis morning travel to a part of the 2600 year old, 4100 mile long Great Wall of China and admire the feat of engineering and the surrounding countryside. After lunch, visit the Sacred Way and the tombs of all 13 Ming emperors. B L
- Beijing to Xi’anFly to Xi’an and settle into the 3* Grand New World hotel for two nights. After lunch, visit the Small Wild Goose Pagoda. B L
- Xi’anTour of the 2000 year old Terracotta Army which includes warriors, horses and chariots. After lunch visit the city wall, the only complete city wall still standing in China and the Shaanxi History Museum. This evening, enjoy dinner while watching the colourful song and dance of the Tang Dynasty Show. B LD
- Xi’an to ChengduFly to Chengdu where on arrival you will visit a tea house and take in the local way of life. Then check in to the 3* Tianfu Sunshine Hotel for two nights. B L
- ChengduA full day sightseeing programme includes a visit to the Giant Panda Breeding and Research Centre, Marquis Wu Shrine and Jinli Ancient Street. B L
- Chengdu to ShanghaiFly to Shanghai and transfer to the 4* Holiday Inn Vista which welcomes you for two nights. Explore some of Shanghai at leisure. B L
- ShanghaiA city tour of Shanghai today includes the Jade Buddha Temple, Yuyuan Gardens, Shanghai Museum and end with a relaxing stroll along the Bund. This evening enjoy an acrobatic show. B L D
- Shanghai to Hong KongFly to Hong Kong Island and head to the 4* Park Lane Hotel. The rest of the day is free for you to get acquainted with the hotel and surrounding area. This evening take an optional cruise on Hong Kong harbour. B
- Hong KongThis morning we visit Repulse Bay, Aberdeen fishing village and Stanley Market on a city tour. Afternoon at leisure or take an optional tour. B
- Hong KongA free day today to explore some more of the fascinating island city. Alternatively visit Macau Island, Lantau Island or mainland China on an optional excursion. B
- Hong Kong to LondonTransfer to Hong Kong airport for your British Airways flight back to London. B
In this fascinating tour of China and Hong Kong, we see some awe inspiring sights, from the magnificent Great Wall of China and Terracotta Warriors in Xi’an to the dramatic skylines of Shanghai and Hong Kong.
It is not only the great sites that you will see, but also the superb Chinese food you will enjoy as many meals are in local restaurants where you will experience regional specialities.
A lot of sightseeing is packed into this tour, but we have left a day of free time at the end, where you can do any last minute shopping in Hong Kong, soak up the smells and sounds of this fast paced city, or explore more of Hong Kong at your own pace.
Tailor Your Tour
Extra excursions are available for you to book locally. Your tour manager will tell you more about these on the day of arrival.
Extend your stay with a few extra nights at the 3* Holiday Inn Downtown, Beijing (from £50 per person per night, single supplement from £50), or at the 4* Park Lane hotel in Hong Kong (from £55 per person per night, single supplement from £55) Prices are based on sharing a twin room.
A £25 extension, departure transfer supplement plus any applicable flight supplements are not included.
Upgrade on your international British Airways flights from £595 to World Traveller Plus, from £2,920 to Business Class or from £6,025 to First Class.
Departure dates and prices:
|April 2013||Monday 22nd||£2,895|
|May 2013||Monday 20th||£2,995|
|September 2013||Monday 16th||£3,195|
|October 2013||Monday 14th||£3,225|
|April 2014||Monday 21st||£2,945|
|May 2014||Monday 19th||£3,045|
|September 2014||Monday 15th||£3,245|
|October 2014||Monday 13th||£3,275|