Taking you through the architectural and historical delights of vibrant Spanish cities, pretty villages, fertile plains and stunning mountain scenery, this tour spanning Catalonia, Valencia and Andalucia shows Spain as a wonderfully diverse country, home to different cultures and dialects.
At a Glance
- 2 nights in Barcelona
- 1 night in Valencia
- 1 night in Granada
- 2 nights in Seville
- 2 nights in Madrid
- City tours of Madrid, Barcelona, Seville, Cordoba and Valencia
- Visiting the amazing La Mezquita Cathedral, Cordoba
- Visit to Alhambra Palace, Granada
- UK to BarcelonaYour door-to-door driver takes you to your choice of airport. Arriving in Barcelona, you will be met and transferred to the 4* Melia, located in the heart of the city, for the first of two nights. This evening join your fellow travellers for a welcome drink.
- BarcelonaStart the day in Plaza Nova in the heart of the Gothic Quarter. See the cathedral and walk through the Roman Gate and the narrow lanes and old squares. Then drive by the lively Ramblas and along the Passeig de Gràcia, adorned with elegant wrought-iron street lamps and some of the most flamboyant modernist buildings. Continue through the Eixample district to visit Gaudi’s extraordinary, unfinished Sagrada Familia church. Both inside and out, it defies belief. Spend this afternoon at leisure. B
- Barcelona to ValenciaFollow the Costa Dorada southwards, stopping at Peñiscola to view the white- walled cottages and the castle used in the film El Cid. Arrive in Valencia for a city tour taking in the City Gates of Serranos and Cuarte, the Gothic Generalidad Palace, El Miguelete Cathedral with its octagonal bell tower and the modern Centre of Arts and Sciences. This evening the central 4* Husa Reina Valencia welcomes you. B D
- Valencia to GranadaLeaving Valencia, drive through the palm tree forests of Elche, the lemon groves of Murcia and the Sierra Nevada mountain range. Crossing the Mora Pass, reach Granada where the stunning Alhambra Palace is your next stop. You’ll also visit the water gardens of the Generalife, the Royal summer residence, before checking into your hotel for one night – the 4* Hotel Saray. B D
- Granada to SevilleThe day is spent travelling through gleaming white villages and past fields of sunflowers to Seville, the capital of Andalucía. Arrive at the 4* Ayre Hotel in time for dinner. Unpack at this hotel for your two-night stay. B D
- SevilleVenture into Seville this morning with your local guide, explore the massive city cathedral, the burial place of Christopher Columbus and pass the Moorish Giralda Tower and Santa Cruz Quarter before seeing the Alcazar. This afternoon you are free to explore and relax in this charming city. B
- Seville to MadridAn early start this morning along the Guadalquivir valley, stopping off at the well- preserved Moorish city of Cordoba. Visit the 2000 year-old bridge and take a guided tour of the magnificent Mezquita, an 8th century mosque with a Christian church built inside. Continue across the Sierra Morena mountains to Madrid. Tonight’s central hotel is the 4* Hesperia. B
- MadridOn this morning’s sightseeing tour, see the statue of Cervantes’ fictional hero, Don Quixote, in the Plaza de España, the Cibeles Fountain and Parliament before visiting the Prado Museum to admire the paintings of Velázquez, Goya, Titian, Botticelli, Rubens and many others. Enjoy a relaxing stop at a café or shop amongst the boutiques in Serrano. This evening join a celebration farewell dinner in the heart of town, complete with music and wine. B D
- Madrid to UKTransfer to Madrid airport for your return flight to your chosen airport, where your door-to-door driver will meet you and take you home. B
This tour is operated by our travel partner, Insight Vacations, a specialist escorted tour operator in Europe.
An evenly-paced tour with two nights in most of the major cities; you’ll even have an afternoon to yourself in Seville so you can explore at leisure.
Attracting both the first-time and the experienced traveller, this is a perfect introduction to the outstanding cities of central and southern Spain and also appeals to those with a passion for art and architecture and an interest in Iberian culture.
Accommodation is of an excellent standard, centrally-located in all the cities. There is a varied selection of both modern and traditional hotels, with the contemporary Melia in Barcelona and the impressively designed Saray in Granada.
Tailor Your Tour
Complement your tour with some optional excursions. Your Tour Manager will arrange and take payment during the tour.
You may like to stay longer in Madrid at the centrally located 4* Hesperia. Extra nights cost from £110 per person per night, based on two people sharing (£30 single supplement).
You may wish to have a little extra time at the start of your tour at the 4* Melia in Barcelona. Extra nights cost from £132 per person per night based on two people sharing and from £42 single supplement.
Please note that the extension supplement of £25 per person and your transfers are not included in these prices.
Departure dates and prices:
|April 2013||Saturday 6th||£1,915|
|April 2013||Saturday 13th||£1,915|
|April 2013||Saturday 20th||£1,915|
|April 2013||Saturday 27th||£1,915|
|May 2013||Saturday 4th||£1,915|
|May 2013||Saturday 11th||£1,915|
|May 2013||Saturday 18th||£1,915|
|May 2013||Saturday 25th||£1,915|
|June 2013||Saturday 1st||£1,925|
|June 2013||Saturday 8th||£1,925|
|June 2013||Saturday 15th||£1,925|
|June 2013||Saturday 22nd||£1,925|
|June 2013||Saturday 29th||£1,925|
|July 2013||Saturday 6th||£1,905|
|July 2013||Saturday 13th||£1,905|
|July 2013||Saturday 20th||£1,905|
|July 2013||Saturday 27th||£1,905|
|August 2013||Saturday 3rd||£1,905|
|August 2013||Saturday 10th||£1,905|
|August 2013||Saturday 17th||£1,905|
|August 2013||Saturday 24th||£1,905|
|August 2013||Saturday 31st||£1,925|
|September 2013||Saturday 7th||£1,945|
|September 2013||Saturday 14th||£1,925|
|September 2013||Saturday 21st||£1,925|
|September 2013||Saturday 28th||£1,925|
|October 2013||Saturday 5th||£1,915|
|October 2013||Saturday 12th||£1,915|
|October 2013||Saturday 19th||£1,915|
|October 2013||Saturday 26th||£1,915|
|November 2013||Saturday 2nd||£1,795|
|November 2013||Saturday 9th||£1,795|
|November 2013||Saturday 23rd||£1,795|
|November 2013||Saturday 30th||£1,795|
|December 2013||Saturday 18th||£1,855|
|December 2013||Saturday 29th||£1,855|
|April 2014||Saturday 12th||£1,965|
|April 2014||Saturday 26th||£1,965|
|May 2014||Saturday 10th||£1,965|
|May 2014||Saturday 24th||£1,965|
|June 2014||Saturday 7th||£1,975|
|June 2014||Saturday 21st||£1,975|
|July 2014||Saturday 12th||£1,955|
|July 2014||Saturday 26th||£1,955|
|August 2014||Saturday 2nd||£1,955|
|August 2014||Saturday 16th||£1,955|
|September 2014||Saturday 13th||£1,975|
|September 2014||Saturday 27th||£1,975|
|October 2014||Saturday 4th||£1,965|
|October 2014||Saturday 18th||£1,965|
|November 2014||Saturday 8th||£1,845|
|November 2014||Saturday 22nd||£1,845|
|December 2014||Saturday 17th||£1,905|
|December 2014||Saturday 28th||£1,905|