The great outdoors doesn’t come any greater than this. Both the North and South Islands contain a stunning array of wonderful natural phenomena. We not only reveal them to you, but with careful planning you get to enjoy them at a very relaxed pace by taking the best that New Zealand has to offer and giving you plenty of time to enjoy them. You also gain a real insight into the Maori culture and find out just how warm a New Zealand welcome can be.
At a Glance
- 2 nights in Auckland
- 2 nights in Rotorua
- 1 night in Christchurch
- 1 night at The Glaciers
- 3 nights in Queenstown
- 1 night in Omarama (Mt Cook Region)
- 2 nights in Christchurch
- A cruise on Milford Sound
- Time in the Glacier region
- Stop in the Mount Cook area
- Glow-worms in the Waitomo Caves
- Sightseeing in Auckland, Rotorua and Christchurch
- London Heathrow to AucklandYour door-to-door driver takes you to London Heathrow for your Air New Zealand flight to Auckland, via Los Angeles.
- See above
- AucklandArrive in Auckland early this morning and head straight to the 4* Crowne Plaza Hotel, your home for two nights. You’ve plenty of time to relax before an orientation tour of the ‘City of the Sails’.
- Auckland or Bay of IslandsToday is free for you to discover Auckland for yourself. Alternatively, you may wish to take part in an optional excursion to the beautiful Bay of Islands. B
- Auckland to RotoruaThe mysterious underground world of Waitomo is top of our list this morning, where we travel through the cave by boat, our journey illuminated by thousands of tiny glow-worms. Continuing to Rotorua, the 4* Millennium Hotel welcomes you for two nights. This evening you will be able to enjoy an optional Maori Hangi, a combination of feast and concert. B
- RotoruaSpend this morning at Wai-O-Tapu – an extraordinary thermal nature reserve featuring colourful lakes and rocks, waterfalls, volcanic craters, boiling mud pools and incredible spouting geysers. It’s then over to the Maori Arts and Crafts Institute before heading to Rainbow Springs, New Zealand’s original nature park. B
- Rotorua to ChristchurchFly to Christchurch, where on arrival you will have a short orientation tour along with a ride in a punt on the Avon River, before checking in to the central 4* Heritage Hotel, for the night. B
- Christchurch to The GlaciersCross the expansive Canterbury Plains and the Southern Alps for some fantastic scenery by road. Alternatively you may wish to take this spectacular journey by rail (book locally). Get comfortable at the 3* Scenic Hotel Franz Josef Glacier for a night. B
- The Glaciers to QueenstownJourney further south to Haast Pass, through an outstandingly beautiful UNESCO World Heritage area, past Lake Wanaka and Hawea, to the alpine resort of Queenstown. Unpack at the centrally-located 4* Crowne Plaza Hotel for three nights. B
- QueenstownEnjoy a cable-car ride to the summit of Bob’s Peak with the rest of the day at leisure. This evening, join an optional trip aboard the TSS Earnslaw across Lake Wakatipu to Walter Peak High Country Farm. B
- Milford SoundA real highlight today as you take in some of South Island’s most breathtaking scenery as you journey along the Eglinton Valley and the glacial canyons of the Hollyford Valley. Board your cruise and relax and enjoy some of the finest scenery so far as you travel around Milford Sound. Then return for your final night in Queenstown. B L
- Queenstown to Mount Cook RegionHead for the Mount Cook region of Omarama and spend one night at the 3* Heritage Gateway Hotel. B D
- Mount Cook Region to ChristchurchJoin the optional flightseeing tour of Mount Cook, before this afternoon’s journey to Lake Tekapo and Geraldine. Reaching Christchurch, settle in at the 3* Ibis Hotel for two nights. B
- ChristchurchExplore Christchurch at your leisure. B
- Christchurch to LondonYou’ve a free morning before your Air New Zealand flight via Los Angeles to London Heathrow. B
- LondonYour door-to-door driver will take you home.
New Zealand is without doubt one of the most beautiful countries in the world and this tour picks out the highlights. This means that the pace is less hurried and you have more two and three-night stays.
You may choose to take just one trip to the Antipodes and combine this tour with the Highlights of Australia tour.
There is a good balance of included and optional excursions so you decide just how much you want to busy yourself.
The journey on Day 11 to Milford Sound is long but you will be rewarded with the most incredible scenery.
Tailor Your Tour
Spend some extra time in Auckland or Christchurch, or combine this tour with our Highlights of Australia to enable you to see the highlights of both countries. Please call our Reservations team for details and prices.
For an extra special journey you can upgrade to Premium Economy (from £1,445) or Business Premier Class (from £3,045) on your international flights.
Departure dates and prices:
|January 2013||Wednesday 16th||£3,925|
|October 2013||Wednesday 23rd||£3,695|
|November 2013||Wednesday 6th||£3,595|
|January 2014||Wednesday 15th||£4,025|
|February 2014||Wednesday 5th||£3,995|
|October 2014||Wednesday 22nd||£3,795|
|November 2014||Wednesday 5th||£3,695|