With the mixture of historic Ottawa, modern Toronto and spectacular Niagara Falls, combined with scenic countryside, this tour showcases the best of Eastern Canada. From the Gothic-influenced Parliament Buildings of Ottawa to the iconic CN Tower in Toronto and the majesty of the Horseshoe Falls, every one is without doubt a highlight of Eastern Canada.
At a Glance
- 2 nights in Ottawa
- 3 nights in Toronto
- 2 nights in Niagara Falls
- Sightseeing in Ottawa and Toronto
- Two night stay at Niagara Falls
- First class rail between Ottawa and Toronto
- London to OttawaDeparting from London Heathrow for your non-stop flight to Ottawa with Air Canada, where the 4* Lord Elgin Hotel is your home for the next two nights.
- OttawaThis morning’s tour of Canada’s capital city highlights the many attractions that can be found in Ottawa, including the Parliament buildings, the National War Memorial and the residences of the Governor General of Canada and the Prime Minister. The afternoon is free for you to explore further – maybe visit one of Ottawa’s many museums and galleries or take a stroll along the Rideau Canal, Ontario’s first UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Ottawa to TorontoThis morning you are free to relax before a lunchtime departure on the train to Toronto, travelling in VIA Rail’s business class. Upon arrival check in at the 3* Bond Place Hotel for three nights. L
- TorontoGet acquainted with Canada’s largest city on this morning’s tour. See the heart of Canada’s financial centre as we tour the financial and commercial districts, as well as the city’s provincial government building. A visit to the CN Tower, with entry included, offers a unique photo opportunity. From the observation deck, on a clear day it’s possible to see all the way across Lake Ontario to New York State, 100 miles away. This afternoon take to the water on an optional harbour cruise for an alternative view of Toronto.
- TorontoA full day at leisure today to explore Toronto under your own steam. Go shopping at the Eaton Centre or in the exclusive district of Bloor and Yorkville, or explore The Royal Ontario Museum, Canada’s largest museum.
- Toronto to Niagara FallsLeave Toronto this morning as we follow the shore of Lake Ontario towards Niagara Falls. Our journey will take us first to Niagara on the Lake with its many wineries and then on through the historic area of Queenston Heights, one of the main sights of the Anglo- American war of 1812-1814. Before we arrive, get your first view of the spectacular falls from the air on an optional helicopter flight. Reaching Niagara Falls, we check in at the 4* Crowne Plaza Niagara Falls for two nights.
- Niagara FallsMake the most of a free day in Niagara today, if you don’t mind getting wet take a ride on the Maid of the Mist or the Journey Behind the Falls. Enjoy the fun atmosphere of Clifton Hill, with its amusements.
- Niagara Falls to TorontoThis morning is free for any last minute shopping at one of Niagara’s nearby outlet Malls. This afternoon we journey back to Toronto airport, passing back over the Welland Canal and the Burlington Skyway, for your direct overnight Air Canada flight to London Heathrow.
- LondonWhen you arrive at London Heathrow, your door-to-door driver will be waiting to take you home.
This tour is a gentle introduction to the East Coast of Canada and more specifically Ontario. Including the three most visited destinations in the province, you can be sure of not missing any of the major sights. And with plenty of free time you will have the opportunity to discover some of the less well known but equally exciting attractions.
We have included a two night stay in the fun city of Niagara Falls. There are so many attractions to enjoy here including Maid of the Mist boat ride, which takes you into the midst of the Falls themselves (open between late April to Mid October).
You may want to time your visit to coincide with one of the many festivals that the area has to offer. Tulip Festival falls in May. September is ideal for those wine connoisseurs with Niagara Falls hosting its annual Wine Festival
Please note: these trains travel through rugged and inaccessible terrain. Occasionally freight trains using the same track can cause delays. Consequently, re-routing of the journey may be necessary by road. No compensation is payable in these circumstances.
Tailor Your Tour
Spend some additional nights in Toronto at the Bond Place Hotel from £41 per person per night, based on sharing a twin room (single supplement from £41).
Departure transfer, £25 extension supplement and any applicable flight supplements are not included.
Upgrade to a Falls View room in Niagara Falls from £50 (single supplement from £50).
Upgrade to Executive First on Air Canada for a supplement from £2,595.
Departure dates and prices:
|May 2013||Thursday 2nd||£1,495|
|September 2013||Thursday 12th||£1,495|
|May 2014||Thursday 1st||£1,525|
|September 2014||Thursday 11th||£1,525|