For those who don’t have three weeks to spend in Australia or for those wanting to see the highlights, we have come up with a relaxed 14-day tour of Australia’s must dos. Combining all the ingredients offered by this exciting area, the vibrant city of Sydney welcomes you to Australia beofre imersing yourself in the Australian Outback. The mouth-watering scenery of the Queensland Tropical Rainforest and Great Barrier Reef complete the contrast to your downunder experience. With three nights in Sydney and the Red Centre and four nights in Cairns, we’ve taken care to make this tour feel like a real holiday.
At a Glance
- 3 nights in Sydney
- 2 nights in Alice Springs
- 1 nights at Ayres Rock
- 4 nights in Cairns
- Sightseeing and Harbour Cruise in Sydney
- Kuranda Scenic Railway and Skyline Gondola
- Visit to Ayres Rock
- Sightseeing in Alice Springs and Australian Outback
- Visit to Michaelmas Cay on the Great Barrier Reef
- London Heathrow to SydneySit back as your door-to-door driver takes you to London Heathrow for your Qantas flight to Sydney via Bangkok
- See above
- SydneyAfter an early morning arrival you head straight to The Grace, your 4* home for three nights. Unpack and enjoy the rest of the day at leisure to get to know your surrounds.
- SydneyJThis morning, a magnificent harbour cruise showcases Sydney at it’s absolute best – the bridge, the Opera House and the stunning waterfront homes. This afternoon you tour the botanical gardens and pass the art gallery and Mrs Macquarie’s Chair. Darling Harbour is next, then Chinatown, King’s Cross and the exclusive suburbs of Double Bay and Watson’s Bay before a walk on Bondi Beach.
- SydneyTake advantage of a free day or join the optional day trip out to the World-Heritage-listed Blue Mountains. They are set high on a sandstone plateau with forested valleys, canyons and waterfalls with an abundance of bird life.
- Sydney to Alice SpringsYour morning flight takes you to Alice Springs where on arrival you will go on a sightseeing tour featuring the Old Telegraph Station and the Royal Flying Doctors Base. You will check in to the 4* Crowne Plaza Alice Springs.
- Alice SpringsA chance to get right into the outback this morning with a visit to the Western MacDonnell mountain ranges where you will see Simpson’s Gap and Standley Chasm before visiting the Alice Springs Desert Park.
- Alice Springs to Ayres RockVisit a Camel Farm before heading for the red rock domes of the Olgas, or ‘Kata Tjuta’. This evening, relax at the Ayres Rock sunset viewing area to see the world’s largest monolith change colour in spectacular style. Retire to the 4* Desert Gardens Hotel
- Ayres Rock to CairnsWatch the sun rise over Ayres Rock this morning before a tour around the base to explore ancient caves adorned in Aboriginal art. Then fly to the tropical north of Queensland, the gateway to the glorious Great Barrier Reef and the World Heritage Rainforest Region. Unpack for four nights at the central 4* Pacific International Hotel, overlooking the waterfront.
- The Great Barrier ReefHMichaelmas Cay is a picturesque sandy cay surrounding a protected seabird sanctuary, where coral gardens teem with colourful marine life. Our craft is the award-winning Ocean Spirit with guided snorkelling tours, presentations by marine biologists and optional scuba dives. L
- KurandaJoin the Kuranda scenic railway as it winds through dense tropical forests. This afternoon, board the Skyrail, the world’s largest gondola cableway, for an amazing ride just above the rainforest canopy before visiting the Tjapukai Aboriginal Culture Park to meet some of the local Aboriginal people and discover more about their rich cultural heritage.
- CairnsA free day to enjoy the resort of Cairns at your leisure or take an optional excursion to Cape Tribulation & Daintree or even take to the skies in a hot air balloon.
- Cairns and flight homeFly from Cairns on your overnight Qantas flight to London Heathrow via Sydney and Bangkok.
- LondonOn arrival, your door-to-door driver will be ready to take you back home.
Australia is a fascinating country and we have selected three destinations over two weeks so you can see the sights as well as enjoy some free time in each. For those who want to see a little more, you can take our extension to the Red Centre where you spend some time at Ayers Rock and Alice Springs.
The beauty of this tour is you can turn two weeks into four weeks by combining it with our Highlights of New Zealand tour, enabling you to see the highlights of both countries.
Tailor Your Tour
You may wish to see more of Australia by extending your stay. You could visit Perth, Melbourne, Adelaide or return to Sydney. Just contact our Reservations team for any suggestions.
Travel in comfort on your international Qantas flights in Business Class from £3,900, based on return flights. One-way upgrades are also available.
Departure dates and prices:
|January 2013||Tuesday 29th||£3,825|
|November 2013||Tuesday 5th||£3,895|
|November 2013||Tuesday 21st||£3,795|
|January 2014||Tuesday 28th||£3,945|
|February 2014||Tuesday 18th||£3,845|
|November 2014||Tuesday 4th||£3,945|
|November 2014||Tuesday 18th||£3,845|