Egypt and Jordan, Africa and the Middle East – this is a trip for those with a passion for adventure. A long, languorous cruise on the Nile leads in to the frantic whirr of Cairo. Jordan and its beautiful ruins at Petra follow before a final dose of sand and sea at Sharm El Sheikh to reflect on all you’ve seen and experienced.
At a Glance
- 7 nights cruising on the Nile
- 2 nights in Cairo
- 2 nights in Petra, Jordan
- 3 nights in Sharm El Sheikh
- Extensive sightseeing along the Nile
- Visits to the Pyramids and Sphinx of Giza and the Egyptian museum
- Sightseeing in Petra
- Leisure time in Sharm El Sheikh
- London to LuxorYour door-to-door pick-up driver will take you to London Heathrow for your EgyptAir flight to Luxor: your tour manager will meet you when you arrive. You’ll be taken to your 4* Plus Thomas Cook Nile cruiser.
- LuxorSail to Dendera in the morning to visit the Temple of Hathor. Relax in the afternoon while sailing back to Luxor. B L T D
- Luxor to EdfuThis morning see the major sites of Luxor’s West Bank. Visit the Valley of the Kings, the Valley of the Queens, the grandeur of Queen Hatshepsut’s temple and the Colossi of Memnon. Sail to Edfu in the afternoon. B L T D
- Edfu, Kom Ombo and AswanVisit the Temple of Horus. After lunch, sail to Kom Ombo to visit the Ptolemaic Temple. Sail to Aswan and overnight. B L T D
- AswanVisit the High Dam, the Unfinished Obelisk and the tranquil island temple of Philae. In the afternoon a relaxing Felucca trip on the river takes you to Kitchener Island. B L T D
- Aswan to EsnaJoin the unmissable optional tour to Abu Simbel or spend the morning at leisure. Sail to Esna this afternoon. B L T D
- Esna to LuxorA morning sail to Luxor is followed by a visit to the East Bank’s awe-inspiring Temples of Karnak and Luxor. B L T D
- Luxor to CairoFly to Cairo. The 5* Fairmont Towers, Heliopolis welcomes you for two nights. B
- CairoSpend the morning at the Pyramids of Giza and the Sphinx. In the afternoon visit the Egyptian Museum of Antiquities. B
- Cairo to Amman and PetraFly to Amman and journey by road to Petra. Settle in at the 4* Plus Marriott Petra Hotel, your home for the next two nights. B
- PetraThe day begins with visits to the Rose Red City and the famous ruined El Khazneh, or treasury, magnificent rock temples, tombs and ancient sites of Wadi Rum canyon. B
- Petra to Sharm El Sheikh via AmmanJourney by coach to Amman and join your direct flight to the Red Sea resort of Sharm el Sheikh. Transfer to the 5* Grand Rotana Resort & Spa for a three night stay. B
- Sharm El SheikhWith two full days at leisure you can relax on the beach and enjoy the excellent facilities at your hotel. B
- Sharm El Sheikh to LondonYour EgyptAir flight will take you from Sharm El Sheikh to Cairo and then onwards to London Heathrow, where your door-to-door pick-up driver will be waiting to take you home.
The extraordinary city of Petra was lost to the world until its rediscovery in 1812. You’ll need good, comfortable shoes for a full day’s walking to get the complete experience of this staggering site.
Please note: that this tour is not suitable for anyone with walking or mobility problems.
Also note that boats have to be tied up alongside one another due to mooring restrictions on the Nile, which can limit the view from your cabin and involve a walk through several vessels before you reach the bank.
Tailor Your Tour
Round off your tour in Sharm El Sheikh (seven nights from £315 per person), or create your own extension.
Your departure transfer, any applicable flight supplement and the £25 per person extension supplement are not included.
Upgrade on the Nile cruise to a C Deck Standard cabin (from £75), a Suite (from £125), or a Royal Suite (from £175).
Upgrade to a Deluxe Sea View room in Sharm el Sheikh (from £17 per person).
You can also upgrade on EgyptAir. Ask our reservations team for more details.
Departure dates and prices:
|March 2013||Monday 11th||£2,995|
|April 2013||Monday 22nd||£2,795|
|August 2013||Monday 26th||£2,795|
|October 2013||Monday 7th||£2,995|
|November 2013||Monday 18th||£2,795|
|December 2013||Monday 30th||£2,995|
|January 2014||Monday 14th||£2,895|
|February 2014||Monday 3rd||£2,905|
|March 2014||Monday 10th||£3,025|
|April 2014||Monday 21st||£2,825|
|August 2014||Monday 25th||£2,825|
|October 2014||Monday 6th||£3,025|
|November 2014||Monday 17th||£2,825|
|December 2014||Monday 29th||£3,025|