There is so much more to Florida than theme parks. There’s the historic Florida of St Augustine, the country’s oldest town, with its grand buildings and palm-lined streets. Then there’s the rural Florida of the Everglades, where you’ll come face-to- face with alligators and other exotic wildlife. And finally, there’s postcard-perfect Florida, with white sand beaches and blue seas where you can relax and get a proper Miami suntan.
At a Glance
- 2 nights in Miami Beach
- 2 nights in Key Largo
- 2 nights in Bonita Springs
- 3 nights in Orlando
- 2 nights in St Augustine
- 2 nights in Fort Lauderdale
- Sightseeing in Miami, at the Kennedy Space Center and in St Augustine
- Journey along the Florida Keys
- Visits to the Everglades (including an airboat ride), Fort Lauderdale, Palm Beach and Corkscrew Swamp Sanctuary
- A trip to SeaWorld®
- London to MiamiYour door-to-door driver takes you to London Heathrow for your non-stop flight to Miami with British Airways. Unpack at the 3* Best Western Atlantic Beach Resort.
- MiamiYour Florida experience begins with a tour of Miami, taking in the trendy South Beach area, the celebrity haunt of Star Island, Coconut Grove and Little Havana. In the afternoon join the optional boat trip past the homes of Miami’s celebrities.
- Miami to Key LargoToday’s journey takes in some of the Florida Keys to Key Largo. On arrival check in to the waterfront 3* Holiday Inn.
- Key West and Key LargoToday’s route along the Florida Keys is spectacular, where you can explore the lovely little town of Key West before returning to your hotel.
- Key Largo to Bonita SpringsHead back to the mainland and the lakefront 4* Trianon Bonita Bay Hotel, at the entrance to Bonita Springs, for two nights.
- Corkscrew Swamp SanctuaryA fantastic morning of wildlife spotting in the Corkscrew Swamp Sanctuary. You also have the option to join a wildlife cruise.
- Bonita Springs to OrlandoOn to the fun of Orlando today; the 3* Springhill Suites on International Drive will be your base for the next three nights.
- SeaWorld®A great day out at SeaWorld® Orlando, learning about sea creatures and riding roller coasters.
- Universal Studios®Spend an exciting day at Universal Studios® on today’s optional trip, or enjoy free time in Orlando.
- Orlando to Kennedy Space Center and St AugustineStop at the Kennedy Space Center on your way to the coast – a bus tour, all exhibits and all IMAX films are included. Once you reach St Augustine, make yourself at home in the 3* Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites – Historic District, a short walk from the old town.
- St AugustineA morning tour introduces you to this enchanting Spanish colonial town and you’re at leisure to find out more for yourself during the afternoon.
- St Augustine to Fort LauderdaleHead south to the city of Fort Lauderdale. On arrival check in to the 4* Gallery One Fort Lauderdale – A Doubletree Guest Suites Hotel, located on the Intracoastal Waterway.
- The Everglades and Fort LauderdaleFind out about the ecology of the Everglades and take an exhilarating ride on an airboat on this morning’s tour. Spend the afternoon at leisure.
- Fort Lauderdale, Miami and flight homeEnjoy some time in Fort Lauderdale before returning to Miami airport after lunch to catch your non-stop overnight British Airways flight to London.
- LondonAfter your morning arrival at London Heathrow, your door-to-door driver will take you home.
This trip lets you see the real Florida that most tours never touch on. In the wildlife-rich Corkscrew Swamp Sanctuary and the colonial town of St Augustine, you’ll get to see the beauty behind the myth.
No one-night stays mean that you get to relax too. We won’t rush you. On Days 10 and 11, you’ll get to experience a real piece of history, with a stay right in the heart of St Augustine – the oldest city in America.
Tailor Your Tour
The optional excursions offered during your tour are available from your tour manager.
For a little bit of luxury, why not return to Miami Beach and stay an extra few nights at the 5* Loews Miami Beach Hotel. Prices at this glamorous, oceanfront hotel start at £160 per person per night on a room only basis, based on sharing a twin room; single supplement from £160, or tailor-make your own extension itinerary with the help of our experienced Reservations team.
Your departure transfer, the extension supplement of £25 and any applicable flight supplements are not included.
Enjoy greater comfort with British Airways in World Traveller Plus from £595 per person return or Clubworld from £2,695 per person return.
Upgrade from the standard rooms to a partial Ocean View room in Miami, Marina View in Key Largo, Lakeside room in Bonita Springs and a Waterfront room in Fort Lauderdale, for a supplement of £85 per person, based on sharing a twin room (single supplement £85).
Departure dates and prices:
|April 2013||Monday 15th||£2,295|
|May 2013||Monday 20th||£2,145|
|November 2013||Monday 11th||£2,025|
|April 2014||Monday 14th||£2,325|
|May 2014||Monday 19th||£2,175|
|October 2014||Monday 20th||£2,175|
|November 2014||Monday 10th||£2,055|