Immersing you in the New England experience, this easy-going tour leads you through historic Boston before taking you out to the beaches of Cape Cod and Maine and lets you discover the beauty of one of America’s most scenic regions on the way. Once you’re thoroughly relaxed, join us for a stay in one of the quaintest villages of rural New England and a wander up to the majestic White Mountains.
At a Glance
- 4 nights in Plymouth
- 3 nights in Lincoln
- 2 nights in Kennebunkport
- Sightseeing in Cape Cod and Boston
- Drive along the Maine Coast
- Tour of the White Mountains area
- Two-night stay in the heart of Kennebunkport – a real New England experience
- London to Boston and Plymouth Your door-to-door driver takes you to London Heathrow for your non-stop British Airways flight to Boston. Unpack at the 3* John Carver Inn on the edge of Plymouth’s downtown area for four nights.
- Cape Cod Discover the glorious coastline and charming villages today taking in the sights of Cape Cod’s beautiful beaches and the idyllic town of Chatham and its lighthouse.
- Boston Learn about cosmopolitan Boston’s history on this morning’s tour taking in sights such as Boston Common, sections of the Freedom Trail, China Town, the Theatre District, Back Bay, the Cheers Bar and Beacon Hill before crossing the Charles River to the city of Cambridge for a walking tour of Harvard University. Your tour ends in Quincy Market, famous for its shops, restaurants, restored market buildings and warehouses. This afternoon you are free to enjoy Boston at your own pace before returning to your hotel in Plymouth.
- Newport or Plymouth Visit a mansion in elegant Newport, Rhode Island, on today’s optional tour and find out about wealthy families such as the Vanderbilts and the Astors, or spend the day relaxing in Plymouth. Several of the town’s best-known sights are within walking distance of your hotel.
- Plymouth to The White Mountains Find out about life in the 17th century on an optional trip to the Plimoth Plantation; alternatively, your morning is at leisure. Later, head into the state of New Hampshire to the White Mountains and make yourself at home in the motel-style 3* Woodward’s Resort. Set right at the entrance to Lincoln, this will be your base for the next three nights.
- The White Mountains Touring the White Mountains, discover places such as Franconia Notch State Park, Bretton Woods, the beautiful Kancamagus Highway and the outlet stores of North Conway today.
- Vermont or Lincoln Visit the town that the Von Trapp family chose as their home, Stowe and a maple syrup farm on an optional tour.
- Lincoln to Kennebunkport Journeying back to the coast, take a break on the shores of Lake Winnipesaukee. Crossing into the state of Maine, head to the delightful town of Kennebunkport for the first of two nights at the 3* Kennebunkport Inn, which is right in the heart of the village.
- Maine coastline and Kennebunkport Take in Maine’s picturesque coastline this morning, touring the summer retreat of artists, writers and former president George Bush before visiting the resort of Ogunquit. This afternoon, you’ve time to relax at your hotel or explore Kennebunkport at your leisure, an ideal opportunity to walk on the beaches, stroll around the downtown historic district, browse in the boutiques and galleries, or find out about the town’s ship-building history.
- Kennebunkport to Boston and flight home Return to Boston for some time at leisure before your evening British Airways flight home.
- London After your early-morning arrival at London Heathrow, your door-to-door driver will take you home.
We’ve arranged this tour so you really get the full New England experience, which very few others can offer. Rather than just a quick visit, you will spend two nights in a lovely old inn set in the heart of delightful Kennebunkport, the quintessential New England village. With one four-night stay and no one-night stays, you can unpack, get comfortable and have a real holiday.
The easy pace of the tour means that you can do as much or as little as you wish. You can relax in the comfort of your accommodation, and there are additional excursions available. Our resort in Lincoln gives you a rare insight into life in rural New England and we have chosen the motel-style Woodward’s Resort for their friendly welcome. Meals here will be restricted to the resort.
Tailor Your Tour
Complement your leisure time with some of the excursions available throughout your tour. You can book them with your tour manager.
Boston is an ideal place in which to extend your tour. For example, you could stay a few extra nights at the 4* Sheraton Boston Hotel, from £87 per person per night based on sharing a twin room on a room-only basis (single supplement from £87), or you could plan your own extension – just ask our Reservations team for a hand.
These prices don’t include your departure transfer or £25 extension supplement and flight supplements may apply.
Upgrade to British Airways World Traveller Plus. Supplements start from just £595 per person return.
For something extra special, Club World supplements are available from £2,295 per person return.
Departure dates and prices:
|April 2013||Sunday 21st||£1,595|
|September 2013||Monday 9th||£1,745|
|September 2013||Monday 16th||£1,825|
|September 2013||Monday 23th||£1,845|
|September 2013||Monday 30th||£1,875|
|October 2013||Monday 6th||£1,875|
|October 2013||Thursday 10th||£1,875|
|April 2014||Sunday 20st||£1,625|
|April 2014||Monday 8th||£1,775|
|September 2014||Monday 165h||£1,855|
|September 2014||Monday 22nd||£1,875|
|September 2014||Monday 29th||£1,905|
|October 2014||Monday 6th||£1,905|
|October 2014||Thursday 10th||£1,905|