Our Grand Tour really lives up to its name, whisking you through the dusty streets of Cairo to the magnificent sights of the Pyramids and Sphinx, Egypt’s second largest city of Alexandria comes next with its famous Roman ruins, followed by seven nights drifting down the Nile before finally winding down in the Red Sea resort of Sharm el Sheikh, where you can reminisce on your incredible journey.
At a Glance
- 3 nights in Cairo
- 2 nights in Alexandria
- 7 nights cruising the Nile
- 4 nights in Sharm el Sheikh
- Visits to the Egyptian Museum, the Pyramids of Giza and the Sphinx, Memphis and Saqqara
- A day and a half sightseeing in Alexandria
- Cruising the Nile, taking in sights such as the Valleys of the Kings and Queens on a full board basis
- A visit to St Catherine’s Monastery to view the site of Moses’ Burning Bush
- London to CairoYour door-to-door driver takes you to London Heathrow for your flight to Cairo with EgyptAir. On arrival meet your Tour Manager and transfer to the 5* Four Seasons Hotel Cairo at Nile Plaza.
- CairoToday visit the Egyptian Museum of Antiquities including finds from the tomb of Tutankhamun. B
- CairoA highlight of your trip, today’s tour includes the Pyramids of Giza, the Sphinx, Memphis and Saqqara. B
- Cairo to AlexandriaLeave for Alexandria on the Mediterranean coast for two nights at the 5* Four Seasons Hotel Alexandria at San Stefano. Afternoon visit to the National Museum and the gardens of the Montazah Palace. B L
- AlexandriaA full day of sightseeing, see The Great Library, the Karmous quarter, Catacombs of Kom el- Shouqafa and the Roman amphitheatre. B L
- Alexandria to Cairo and LuxorFly to Luxor with EgyptAir and join your 4* Plus Thomas Cook Nile cruiser for your seven-night Nile voyage. B D
- LuxorSail to Dendera in the morning to visit the beautiful temple of Hathor. In the afternoon, sail back to Luxor. B L T D
- Luxor to EdfuAt the West Bank, visit the Valleys of the Kings and Queens, the Colossi of Memnon and the Temple of Queen Hatshepsut. Later, sail to Edfu. B L T D
- Edfu, Kom Ombo and AswanThis morning see the Temple of Horus. Afternoon visit to Kom Ombo. Continue to Aswan and overnight. B L T D
- AswanVisit Aswan’s most famous sites, the High Dam, the Unfinished Obelisk and the peaceful island of Philae. This afternoon a Felucca trip on the river takes you to the tranquil Kitchener Island. B L T D
- Aswan, Abu Simbel and EsnaAbu Simbel’s cliff-face temples await on an optional tour. Otherwise, your morning is free. Sail in the afternoon to Esna. B L T D
- Esna to LuxorReturning to Luxor, visit the East Bank to see the immense temples of Karnak and Luxor. B L T D
- Luxor to Sharm el SheikhFly later today with EgyptAir via Cairo to Sharm el Sheikh. Get settled at the 5* Grand Rotana Resort & Spa. B
- Sharm el SheikhA full day at leisure. B
- St Catherine’s MonasteryA special day today – make your way to Mount Sinai and the oldest Christian monastery in existence to tour the reputed sites of Moses’ Burning Bush and the delivery of the Ten Commandments. B
- Sharm el SheikhA further full day at leisure to relax. B
- Sharm el Sheikh to LondonReturning from Sharm el Sheikh via Cairo, fly to London Heathrow with EgyptAir. Your door-to-door driver will be waiting to drive you home.
All the major sights in Egypt are included in this leisurely-paced tour – plus a few extra. So after expanding your mind with the culture of an ancient world, relax on the sun-soaked beaches of the Red Sea.
Expect a sightseeing trip most days and lots of time at leisure. Be prepared for some early mornings to avoid the heat and miss the crowds. Comfortable clothes and walking shoes are a must.
Giving you a different take on Egypt, we’ve included a visit to Alexandria. It’s set on the Mediterranean coast where the climate is cooler, so make sure you pack a light jacket.
We know your trip to St Catherine’s Monastery will be a highlight. Its sheer beauty and cultural significance definately make the early start and long day worthwhile.
Please note: that this tour is not suitable for anyone with walking or mobility problems due to getting on and off the cruise boat, as well as the uneven ground at the sites.
Also note that boats have to be tied up alongside one another due to mooring restrictions on the Nile, which can limit the view from your cabin and involve a walk through several vessels before you reach the bank.
Tailor Your Tour
Enjoy a unique aerial view of Luxor’s amazing sites along the West Bank as you float high above the temples, Colossi of Memnon, Valley of the Kings and Valley of the Queens in a hot air balloon. This memorable experience lasts around 45-60 minutes and is followed by a light breakfast. This pre-bookable excursion costs from £156 per person.
Make the most of Day 11 with a trip to Abu Simbel, visiting the temples of Ramses II on the banks of Lake Nasser, costing from £160 per person including your early-morning flight from Aswan.
Wrap up your tour in Sharm el Sheikh (three nights from £150 per person), or create your own extension.
Any applicable flight supplement and the £25 per person extension supplement are not included.
Upgrade on the Nile cruise to a C Deck Standard cabin (from £85), a Suite (from £135), or a Royal Suite (from £195).
Upgrade to a Deluxe Sea View room in Sharm el Sheikh (from £17 per person).
You can also upgrade on the international flights with EgyptAir. Ask our Reservation staff for more details.
Departure dates and prices:
|March 2013||Wednesday 13th||£2,745|
|April 2013||Wednesday 24th||£2,495|
|October 2013||Wednesday 9th||£2,795|
|November 2013||Wednesday 20th||£2,595|
|March 2014||Wednesday 12th||£2,775|
|April 2014||Wednesday 23rd||£2,525|
|October 2014||Wednesday 8th||£2,825|
|November 2014||Wednesday 19th||£2,625|