Taking in sights as diverse as the incomparable temples of Angkor and the fertile beauty of the Mekong Delta, this tour of the highlights of Vietnam and Cambodia brings to life traditional images of cyclos, green paddy fields and farm workers alongside cities such as Ho Chi Minh and Phnom Penh.
At a Glance
- 3 nights in Hanoi
- 1 night in Hue
- 2 nights in Hoi An
- 3 nights in Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon)
- 3 nights in Siem Reap
- 1 night in Phnom Penh
- Sunset, sunrise and a tour at Angkor Wat
- Sightseeing in Hanoi, Saigon, Hoi An and Phnom Penh
- Trips to Halong Bay and the Mekong Delta
- London to HanoiYour door-to-door driver will take you to London Heathrow for your overnight flight to Hanoi, via Hong Kong, with Cathay Pacific.
- HanoiReaching Vietnam’s capital, relax at the central 4* Hilton Hanoi Opera Hotel, your home for three nights.
- Halong BayTake a full-day trip to Hon Gai and Halong Bay, passing rice fields on the way. Enjoy a cruise around some of the 3,000 islands and a fresh seafood lunch on board. B L
- HanoiDiscover gracious Hanoi, including the Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum, the One-Pillar Pagoda, the Temple of Literature and a cyclo ride to the Old Quarter. Round off your day with an evening performance of Hanoi’s famous water puppets. B
- Hanoi to HueFly to Vietnam’s central coast and the city of Hue. Visit the Citadel and journey along the Perfume River by dragon boat to Hue’s oldest and most beautiful pagoda – Thien Mu. This evening, the central 3* Huong Giang Hotel, overlooking the river, welcomes you for the night. B
- HuetoHoiAnVisit the impressive tombs of emperors Tu Duc and Khai Dinh then continue south via the spectacular Hai Van Pass and through both rural and coastal settings. Reaching Danang, visit the Cham Museum before heading to the Marble Mountains, China Beach and Hoi An. Settle in at the 3* Hoi An Riverside Hotel for two nights. B
- Hoi AnCruise along the Thu Bon River for a sightseeing tour to Hoi An town. This afternoon visit My Son to see some of Vietnam’s most important Cham ruins. B
- Hoi An to Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon)Fly to Ho Chi Minh City where the 5* Renaissance Hotel becomes your central home for three nights. B
- Ho Chi Minh City and the Cu Chi tunnelsExplore Ho Chi Minh City’s famous landmarks on a morning walking tour. This afternoon, take a tour of the Cu Chi tunnel network comprising of three levels of tunnels stretching over 250km. B
- Mekong DeltaTravel from Ho Chi Minh to My Tho for a boat trip to one of the islands in the Mekong River; sample fruit at an orchard then travel by sampan along narrow canals. B L
- Ho Chi Minh to Siem ReapFly to Siem Reap in Cambodia and settle in at the 4* Prince D’Angkor Hotel, a short drive from Angkor Wat, for three nights. B
- Temples of AngkorVisit the incredible fortified city of Angkor Thom and the mysterious Bayon at the centre of Angkor City. At Angkor Wat, watch the sun set over this awe-inspiring temple. B
- Temples of AngkorAn early start today for breakfast at Angkor Wat to see the sunrise. Afterwards, tour more of Angkor’s incredible ruins and beautiful temples, including Banteay Srei and Ta Prohm. Afteroon at leisure. B
- Siem Reap to Phnom PenhFly to Phnom Penh and visit the chilling Tuol Sleng Museum of Genocide Crimes. The centrally-located 3* Cambodiana Hotel welcomes you for a night on the banks of the Mekong River. B
- Phnom Penh and flight homeJourney to the airport for your flight back to London Heathrow, via Hong Kong, with Cathay Pacific. B
- LondonYour door-to-door driver will take you home.
As well as the many architectural treasures, we want to show you the real Vietnam and Cambodia of modern times and remind you of the recent history of both countries.
The trip to Halong Bay makes Day 3 long but very rewarding – the scenery is stunning.
Make sure you try the local dishes available in your hotel’s restaurant, as the cuisine in this area is of a very good quality.
Although tourism in both countries is in its infancy, we use good-standard hotels throughout the tour, but you’ll find that roads can be bumpy and flight changes are possible.
Tailor Your Tour
Enjoy four nights relaxing by the beach at the 4* Shangri-La’s Golden Sands Resort in Penang and two nights in the 4* Park Lane Hotel on Hong Kong Island from £730 per person (single supplement from £525), including your transfers, return flights from Hong Kong to Penang and a Deluxe Sea facing room on a Room Only basis in Penang.
You could also break your journey with a stop-over in Hong Kong, just call our Reservations team for details of hotel prices.
Your extension supplement of £25 per person is not included and any applicable flight supplements.
Upgrade to Business Class with Cathay Pacific for a more comfortable international flight (from £2,850 per person from London to Hanoi returning from Phnom Penh).
Departure dates and prices:
|March 2013||Wednesday 20th||£3,025|
|July 2013||Wednesday 24th||£3,025|
|September 2013||Wednesday 18th||£3,025|
|October 2013||Wednesday 16th||£3,025|
|November 2013||Wednesday 20th||£2,995|
|March 2014||Wednesday 16th||£3,055|
|July 2014||Wednesday 23rd||£3,055|
|September 2014||Wednesday 17th||£3,055|
|October 2014||Wednesday 15th||£3,055|
|November 2014||Wednesday 19th||£3,025|