Grand colonial architecture, hand-rolled cigars, rum and old American cars – Cuba is sure to exceed your expectations. Slip into the heat and rhythm, where the streets are full of music and the people are always good company and the good times will be yours.
At a Glance
- 2 nights in Havana
- 2 nights in Trinidad
- 1 night in Camaguey
- 2 nights in Santiago de Cuba
- 1 night in Camaguey
- 1 night in Sancti Spiritus
- 2 nights in Havana
- Sightseeing in Santiago de Cuba and Havana
- Walking tours of Trinidad, Bayamo and Sancti Spiritus
- Visit to Viñales Valley
- London to HavanaYour door-to-door driver takes you to London Gatwick for your Virgin Atlantic flight to Havana. On arrival transfer to the 4* Parque Central Hotel, your home for two nights.
- HavanaEnjoy a tour of this vibrant city’s highlights starting with Old Havana, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Visit the Morro Fortress, the Rum factory, Cigar House Museum, San Francisco de Asis Square, Old Square, Cathedral Square and Ernest Hemmingway’s favourite bar; La Bodeguita del Medio. Enjoy free time in a handicraft market and lunch in a local restaurant before heading to modern Havana to see the Capitol building and Revolution Square. In the evening join the optional excursion to the world famous Tropicana show (book locally). B L
- Havana to TrinidadDrive to Cienfuegos with an afternoon city tour taking in the historic Jose Marti Park with its imposing cathedral, the Tomas Terry Theatre and Botanical Gardens before arriving in Trinidad. Designated a UNESCO World Hertiage Site, Trinidad maintains a distinctly Cuban atmosphere and preserves several architectural wonders and historical artefacts. Your home for two nights is the 3* Brisas Trinidad del Mar Hotel. B L D
- TrinidadWe start our morning with a tour of colonial Trinidad. Highlights include a visit to the Romantic Museum and the famous Canchanchara Bar. Wander around a handicraft market before enjoying lunch at a local restaurant. B L D
- Trinidad to CamagueyWe leave this morning for Camaguey arriving at the centrally-located 2* Colon Hotel which welcomes you for an overnight stay. On arrival there will be a short city tour including a visit to Torre Manaca Iznaga and Mirador de los Ingenios. B L D
- Camaguey to Santiago de CubaDepart for Bayamo for lunch and a short tour. Continue on to Santiago de Cuba and check in at the 3* Melia Santiago for a two-night stay. B L D
- Santiago de CubaSpend a full day exploring Santiago de Cuba. Visit the Moncada barracks and history of the 26th of July Museum, Céspedes Square, the Copper Church (El Cobre), the Piracy Museum and the Museum of Historical Cuban Ambience, which offers an insight into Cuba’s colonial past. B L D
- Santiago de Cuba to CamagueyEnjoy a leisurely, scenic drive through the lush and ever-changing Cuban countryside today. On arrival in Camaguey check-in for a one-night stay back at the 2* Colon Hotel. B L D
- Camaguey to Sancti SpiritusDepart Camaguey for Sancti Spiritus and have lunch in a local restaurant. Enjoy a short city tour including Torre Manaca Iznaga. Settle in at the 2* Rijo Plaza Hotel for the night. B L D
- Sancti Spiritus, Santa Clara and HavanaJourney to Santa Clara this morning taking in Ernesto Che Guevara Square, the armoured train and Leoncio Vidal Park before travelling to Havana and the 4* Parque Central Hotel for a two-night stay. B L
- Viñales ValleyAdmire the striking scenery of Viñales Valley this morning, taking in panoramic views of this unusual landscape, dotted with erratic, brush-covered limestone mogotes and colourful flora, fauna, crops and plantations. Next, head to the Cueva del Indio (Indian Caves) for a boat trip along the subterranean river to explore the unusual rock formations, before heading back to Havana. B L
- Havana to LondonThis morning is free before heading to Havana airport for your overnight Virgin Atlantic flight. B
- LondonYour door-to-door driver will be waiting at the airport to take you home.
Cuba is so atmospheric and the hotel standards do vary greatly. In Havana, we are delighted to be using the 4* Parque Central in the heart of the old city. Outside Cuba’s capital hotels are more simple. The Hotel Colon in Camaguey also stands out as, although rooms are small and bathrooms have a shower only, it is full of character with high ceilings and a Cuban feel.
Please note: there are some strict rules about currency in Cuba.
Tailor Your Tour
Extend your holiday with a beach break in Varadero at the 4* Paradisus Varadero on an All Inclusive basis. Call our Reservations team for full details.
Your extension supplement of £25 and any applicable flight supplements are not included.
Start and end your tour with a comfortable flight in Virgin Atlantic’s Premium Economy from £445 per person, or upgrade to Upper Class from £1,645 per person. These prices are based on return flights.
Departure dates and prices:
|May 2013||Thursday 23rd||£1,995|
|June 2013||Thursday 20th||£2,045|
|August 2013||Thursday 1st||£2,375|
|September 2013||Thursday 26th||£2,045|
|October 2013||Thursday 31st||£1,895|
|May 2014||Thursday 22nd||£2,045|
|June 2014||Thursday 19th||£2,095|
|July 2014||Thursday 31st||£2,425|
|September 2014||Thursday 25th||£2,095|
|October 2014||Thursday 30th||£1,945|