Cruise the ethereal landscape of Antarctica with its soaring mountains and colossal glaciers, exploring this harsh and challenging environment with its fascinating wildlife. Commence your Antarctic journey in the Latin American city of Santiago, meandering through fjords and areas of natural beauty, completing your adventure in Buenos Aires.
- 1 night in Santiago, Chile
- 21 nights cruising from Santiago to Buenos Aires
- 1 night in Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Door-to-door pick up-service
- Visits to Santiago, Puerto Montt and Punta Arenas (Chile), Ushuaia and Buenos Aires (Argentina) and Montevideo (Uruguay)
- Cruising the Chilean Fjords, the Straits of Magellan, Cape Horn and the Antarctic Sound.
- Day 1. London to Santiago After your door-to-door journey to London Heathrow, fly to Santiago, via Madrid with Iberia.
- Day 2. Santiago On arrival in Santiago transfer to the 4♦ Atton El Bosque Hotel for a one night stay. Enjoy the rest of your day at leisure.
- Day 3. Santiago to Valparaiso Journey to the town of Valparaiso to board your cruise ship, the 5(diamond needs to be added) ms Zaandam. Settle in for the start of your 21-night cruise.
- Day 4. At sea A full day to unwind aboard the ms Zaandam as you make your way to Puerto Montt.
- Day 5. Puerto Montt Reaching this picturesque port, join an optional excursion that passes through Puerto Montt, Puerto Varas and the historical areas of Frutillar.
- Day 6. Puerto Montt to Castro, Isla Chiloe Spend the day exploring.
- Day 7. Castro, Isla Chiloe to Puerto Chacabuco Here in the heart of the Chilean archipelago, discover stunning scenery: dense rain forests, bright-blue lakes and snow-covered mountain peaks on an optional excursion.
- Day 8. Chilean Fjords Cruise the southern coastline of Chile, with its maze of fjords and glistening glaciers.
- Day 9. Amalia Glacier, Canal Sarmiento Today takes you along the Sarmiento Canal, flanked by Madre de Dios Island. The sight of the magnificent blue and white Amalia Glacier is one of your tour highlights.
- Day 10. Strait of Magellan and Punta Arenas Continue on to the Strait of Magellan, one of the most scenic waterways in the world, and on to Punta Arenas for a visit.
- Day 11. Ushuaia Explore Ushuaia or enjoy an optional train ride to the Tierra del Fuego National Park.
- Day 12. Cape Horn and Drake Passage Travel to Cape Horn and then venture into Drake Passage, where the Atlantic and Pacific oceans meet.
- Day 13. At sea Another full day to make the most of the first-class surroundings of your ship.
- Day 14. The Palmer Archipelago Cruise around the beautiful snow covered islands of the Palmer Archipelago.
- Day 15. The Danco Coast Continue along the Danco coast, the west coast of the Antarctic Peninsula.
- Day 16. The Antarctic Sound Your day starts at Hope Bay, followed by circular Paulet Island. Finally, marvel at the ice-covered mountainous Elephant Island.
- Days 17-18. At sea Two full days aboard the ship to reflect on the highlights of your tour so far.
- Day 19. Puerto Madyrn At Puerto Madryn enjoy a famous Welsh “tea” in the village of Gaiman; journey back in time at the Paleontology Museum of Egidio Feruglio in Trelew; or see colonies of sea elephants, sea lions and seals in their natural habitat at Punta Norte on an optional excursion.
- Day 20. At sea A full day at sea to relax and enjoy the onboard facilities.
- Day 21. Punta del Este Visit one of the beaches; explore the colonial and modern architecture of downtown or shop for local treasures in Punta del Este.
- Day 22. Montevideo Spend the day at the picturesque capital of Uruguay or take an optional tour to Colonia del Sacramento
- Day 23. Buenos Aires Take a tour of this sophisticated, vibrant city or join one of the optional excursions.
- Day 24. Buenos Aires After breakfast, leave the ship in Buenos Aires and check-in at the 4♦ Sheraton Hotel for an overnight stay.
- Day 25. Buenos Aires to London Head to the airport for your Iberia flight, via Madrid, to London Heathrow.
- Day 26. London Your door-to-door driver will be waiting to chauffer you home.
Tailor Your Tour
You can book all the optional excursions available on this tour locally.
Extend your stay in Santiago or Buenos Aires. Call our Reservations team for prices. from Your extension supplement of £25 and any applicable flight supplements are not included. range in temperature from freezing in the Antarctic Sound to the heat in Buenos Aires; it’s a good idea to bring both warm and cool clothes.
Upgrade to Business Class on your international Iberia flights from £2325, based on return flights.
Cruising is one of the most relaxing ways to travel and as you will be staying on your well appointed cruise ship for 21 nights, you will be able to make yourself at home.
A gratuity of $11.50 per person per day will be added to your shipboard account for dining and stateroom service.
During this tour you will experience a wide range of temperatures, from freezing in the Antarctic Sound to the heat in Buenos Aires; it’s a good idea to bring both warm and cool clothes.
Departure dates and prices:
|January 2014||Monday 06th||£5,595|
|January 2014||Tuesday 28th||£5,495|