More than big game and lush landscapes, South Africa has a cosmopolitan culture to rival the world’s best. From the sunny sophistication of Cape Town to the green valleys of the winelands, not to mention all the gorgeous coastal towns and scenery along the way, this taste of the Cape will have you hankering for more.
At a Glance
- 1 night in the Winelands
- 1 night in Oudtshoorn
- 2 nights in Knysna
- 3 nights in Cape Town
- Tours of Cape Town and Cape Peninsula
- Cable car to the summit of Table Mountain
- Two nights in the heart of the Garden Route
- One-night stay amongst the vineyards of Stellenbosch
- Visits to Tsitsikamma National Park and an ostrich farm in Oudtshoorn
- London to Cape TownYour door-to-door driver takes you to London Heathrow for your overnight, non-stop flight to Cape Town with South African Airways.
- Cape Town to StellenboschOn arrival in Cape Town, start with a tour of the winelands, taking in Franscheok, Paarl and Stellenbosch with time for wine tasting. After time for lunch in Franschhoek or Stellenbosch, check in at the 4* Spier Village in Stellenbosch for the night.
- Stellenbosch to OudtshoornYour morning starts with a visit to the Huguenot and Afrikaans Language Monuments. Then relax on today’s road trip through the beautiful Klein Karoo desert to Oudtshoorn, known as the Feather Capital of the world. We then journey across the Outeniqua Mountain Pass to the coast. Take an early evening tour of an ostrich farm before a barbecue dinner – a great way to end the day – then make yourself comfortable at the 3* Queens Hotel. B D
- Oudtshoorn to KnysnaYour morning starts with a visit to the impressive underground wonders of the Cango Caves. We then head for the seaside resort of Knysna, nestled in the heart of the Garden Route. Enjoy a cruise on the Knysna Lagoon and a visit to the Featherbed Nature Reserve. Don’t forget your camera for some shots of the two majestic rock heads where the lagoon meets the Indian Ocean. Stay at the 4* Protea Hotel Knysna Quays for two nights. B
- The Garden Route and Plettenberg BayJourney via Plettenberg Bay to the indigenous forests at Tsitsikamma, stopping en route at a monkey sanctuary where apes and monkeys roam free in a section of the forest. Continue to the spectacular Tsitsikamma National Park where the forest and Storms River meet the Indian Ocean amid impressive cliffs. Return to Knysna late this afternoon. B
- Knysna to Cape TownTravel back towards Cape Town through George, Mossel Bay and the seaside village of Hermanus, where you may have the chance to see the Southern Right Whale. Continue to the 4* Protea Hotel President for a three- night stay. B
- Cape PeninsulaExplore the Cape Peninsula today, starting with a visit to the Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens. Driving along the Atlantic Seaboard via Hout Bay, pass the breathtaking Chapman’s Peak and Clifton’s famous beaches. Visit the Cape of Good Hope Nature Reserve this afternoon before heading to the Indian Ocean coast and the penguins at Boulders Beach. Finish your tour with a short stop in the historical naval port of Simon’s Town. B
- Cape TownStart today with a morning’s city orientation tour including, weather permitting, a cable car ride to the summit of Table Mountain for panoramic views of the area. Then relax for the rest of the day at leisure in the Mother City of Africa. Cultural Cape Town has much to offer including Robben Island prison where Nelson Mandela was incarcerated, the Two Oceans Aquarium, the Victoria and Alfred Waterfront and elegant shopping malls selling a vast array of local crafts and luxury items. B
- Cape Town and flight homeSpend your last morning at leisure before catching your London-bound flight at Cape Town airport. B
- LondonOn arrival at Heathrow, your door-to-door driver will take you home.
South Africa produces some of the world’s finest wine. On this tour you’ll have a chance both to taste it and see where it’s made when we spend a night at Spier Village, set in the centre of Stellenbosch’s lush vineyards. You’re sure to find plenty to see on this tour. And you’ll have plenty of time to take in as much of it as possible, including three nights in Cape Town.
After a scenic drive through the impressive coastal desert of Klein Karoo, arrive in the gorgeous town of Knysna. Here you’ll have a chance to sample the local oysters and to check out a nearby ostrich farm.
If you want to add a game park adventure to your trip, we really recommend extending your holiday with two nights at Shamwari Private Game Reserve, near Port Elizabeth.
Tailor Your Tour
For your chance to go game viewing, add an extra couple of nights to your tour with a stay at the 4* Long Lee Manor in Shamwari Private Game Reserve, near Port Elizabeth.
The price includes your game drives, two nights’ accommodation on a Full Board basis, all transfers and your flights (prices start from £895 per person sharing a twin room).
You will also be asked for an extension supplement of £25 per person.
Make the most of your tour with room upgrades at the Protea Hotel President in Cape Town (supplement from £35 per person) and Protea Hotel Knysna Quays (supplement from £35 per person).
Enjoy extra legroom in South African Airways Business Class at a supplement from £2,875 per person, based on return flights.
Departure dates and prices:
|January 2013||Wednesday 13th||£2,295|
|September 2013||Sunday 1st||£2,125|
|October 2013||Sunday 6th||£2,295|
|November 2013||Sunday 3rd||£2,295|
|January 2014||Sunday 12th||£2,345|
|February 2014||Sunday 9th||£2,345|
|September 2014||Sunday 7th||£2,175|
|October 2014||Sunday 5th||£2,345|
|November 2014||Sunday 2nd||£2,345|