This varied and comprehensive tour encompasses the best of the Western US, from modern Los Angeles and San Diego down to the glitz of Palm Springs and then out to the desert. You’ll wander through western towns, marvel at the colours of the Grand Canyon and enjoy the razzmatazz of Las Vegas. If ever a tour had it all, it’s this one.
At a Glance
- 3 nights in Long Beach
- 2 nights in Palm Springs
- 2 nights in Flagstaff
- 2 nights in Las Vegas
- 2 nights in Bass Lake
- 2 nights in San Francisco
- The sights of Los Angeles, San Diego, Las Vegas and San Francisco
- Full-day visits to Grand Canyon and Yosemite national parks
- Sightseeing along 17 Mile Drive with visits to Carmel and Monterey
- Visit to Universal Studios
- London to Los Angeles and Long Beach Your door-to-door driver drops you off at London Heathrow for your British Airways flight to Los Angeles, where the waterfront 4* Doubletree Maya Hotel is home for three nights.
- Los Angeles Take in Grauman’s Chinese Theatre, Sunset Strip, Rodeo Drive and Hollywood on today’s tour, concluding with an afternoon at Universal Studios.
- Los Angeles coast or Long Beach See Santa Monica, Venice Beach and the historic Queen Mary on an optional trip along the coast, or spend a leisurely day in Long Beach.
- Long Beach to San Diego and Palm Springs Travel by road to San Diego and enjoy a sightseeing tour of this lovely city. Continue on to Palm Springs where, in the centre of town, the 3.5* Palm Mountain Resort welcomes you for two nights.
- Palm Springs Glimpse stars’ homes and find out about the flora and fauna of the desert at the Living Desert Museum on today’s optional tour. Alternatively, relax and enjoy the facilities at your hotel.
- Palm Springs to Flagstaff Journey through the Californian desert to the state of Arizona, where Flagstaff’s 4* Little America Hotel welcomes you for two nights at the town’s entrance.
- Grand Canyon National Park An unforgettable day at the extraordinary Grand Canyon National Park makes the longer journey yesterday worthwhile.
- Flagstaff to Las Vegas Las Vegas is your destination today – unpack for two nights at the famous downtown 4* Golden Nugget Hotel. Discover The Strip on an optional evening tour.
- Las Vegas Tour The Strip by day and explore some of its colossal themed hotels. The rest of your day is free.
- Las Vegas to Bass Lake Head back to California, with a stop at Calico Ghost Town en route. Arriving at Bass Lake, unpack for two nights at the 4* Pines Resort which is nestled in the tall pines by Bass Lake with its gorgeous views. Meals here will be restricted to the hotel, however there are two restaurants to choose from.
- Yosemite National Park A full day to discover the magnificent beauty of Yosemite National Park at a relaxed pace.
- Bass Lake to San Francisco Pass breathtaking scenery on the way to San Francisco, travelling via Monterey and Carmel. The 3* Radisson in exciting Fisherman’s Wharf is your home for two nights.
- San Francisco A city tour is a great start to your day in San Francisco. This afternoon is free for you to enjoy San Francisco or join the optional Bay Cruise. This evening, an optional farewell dinner will be served at Fisherman’s Wharf.
- Sausalito or San Francisco and flight home Make the most of your last morning on an optional trip to the waterfront town of Sausalito before your British Airways flight to London Heathrow.
- London Arrive at London Heathrow in the morning; your door-to-door driver will meet you.
No one-night stays means you get to relax a little, but our creative scheduling ensures you don’t miss any sights because of it.
The beautiful scenery of the Grand Canyon and Yosemite are major highlights; we spend a full day in each of them so you have time to take it all in. However, it does mean some longer days travelling to get there. While this tour is full, it’s not physically taxing.
Tailor Your Tour
Extra nights at the Radisson Fisherman’s Wharf, San Francisco, cost from £45 per person per night, based on sharing a twin room on a room-only basis (single supplement from £45).
Why not extend your holiday and fly on to Hawaii? Our Reservation staff are on hand to discuss your ideas.
Of course, if you’d rather do something different, ask our Reservations team to help you tailor-make your own extension.
Your San Francisco transfers, £25 extension supplement plus any applicable flight supplements are not included.
Upgrade to Water View rooms in Long Beach for a supplement of £20 per person (£20 single supplement).
Enjoy extra comfort in British Airways World Traveller Plus from £678 or fly in style in Club World from £2,795. These supplementary prices are per person and based on return flights.
Departure dates and prices:
|March 2013||Wednesday 20th||£1,995|
|April 2013||Wednesday 17th||£2,195|
|May 2013||Wednesday 1st||£2,195|
|May 2013||Wednesday 15th||£2,205|
|May 2013||Wednesday 29th||£2,175|
|June 2013||Wednesday 5th||£2,175|
|June 2013||Wednesday 19th||£2,175|
|July 2013||Wednesday 3rd||£2,475|
|August 2013||Wednesday 7th||£2,475|
|August 2013||Wednesday 28th||£2,225|
|September 2013||Wednesday 4th||£2,275|
|September 2013||Wednesday 11th||£2,245|
|September 2013||Wednesday 25th||£2,195|
|October 2013||Wednesday 2nd||£2,195|
|October 2013||Wednesday 16th||£2,195|
|October 2013||Wednesday 2nd||£2,045|
|November 2013||Wednesday 13th||£1,995|
|February 2014||Wednesday 5th||£1,925|
|March 2014||Wednesday 19th||£2,025|
|April 2014||Wednesday 16th||£2,225|
|April 2014||Wednesday 30th||£2,225|
|May 2014||Wednesday 14th||£2,235|
|May 2014||Wednesday 28th||£2,205|
|June 2014||Wednesday 4th||£2,205|
|June 2014||Wednesday 18th||£2,205|
|July 2014||Wednesday 2nd||£2,505|
|August 2014||Wednesday 6th||£2,505|
|August 2014||Wednesday 27th||£2,255|
|September 2014||Wednesday 3rd||£2,305|
|September 2014||Wednesday 10th||£2,275|
|September 2014||Wednesday 24th||£2,225|
|October 2014||Wednesday 1st||£2,225|
|October 2014||Wednesday 15th||£2,225|
|October 2014||Wednesday 22nd||£2,075|
|November 2014||Wednesday 12th||£2,025|
Upgrade to Prestige
Departure dates and prices:
|September 2013||Wednesday 18th||£3,195|
|September 2014||Wednesday 17th||£3,225|
Upgrade to Prestige
Spoil yourself and upgrade to a Prestige tour: 3 nights at the 4*Plus Marriot Hotel, Newport Beach, 2 nights at the 4*Plus JW Marriot Desert Springs & Spa, Palm Springs, 2 nights at the 4* Little America Hotel Flagstaff (Preferred View Room), 2 nights at the 5* Aria Hotel, 2 nights at the 4*Plus Tenaya Lodge, Yosemite (Deluxe room), 2 nights at the 4*Plus Omni Hotel, San Francisco. Itinerary remains the same as the Classic Tour but with the above upgraded accommodation.