From sun-drenched beaches and picturesque islands of the Great Barrier Reef to the leafy rainforests and vibrant cities of Brisbane and Sydney, Australia’s spectacular East Coast offers a glorious palette of mouth-watering contrasts. Its ever changing landscapes are a world of excitement, yet a haven for relaxation, and wherever you go, you are never far from its remarkable and unique nature.
- 3 nights in Cairns
- 2 nights in Airlie Beach
- 1 night in Rockhampton
- 2 nights in Noosa
- 2 nights in Brisbane
- 3 nights in Sydney
- Visit to Michaelmas Quay on the Great Barrier Reef
- Tour and harbour cruise in Sydney
- Sightseeing tour in Brisbane
- One lunch
- London to Singapore and Cairns On arrival at London Heathrow board your Qantas flight via Bangkok and Sydney to Cairns.
- See above
- Cairns Arrive in Cairns and head straight to the 3♦ Bay Village Tropical Retreat for three nights. The rest of the day is at leisure. Cairns is the gateway to the glorious Great Barrier Reef and the World Heritage Rainforest Region, providing an ideal base to explore this wonderfully diverse region.
- The Great Barrier Reef Spend the day at the Great Barrier Reef’s Michaelmas Cay, a sandy cay surrounding a seabird sanctuary and discover the coral gardens and colourful marine life from the decks of the award-winning Ocean Spirit.
- Cairns Enjoy a day at leisure in Cairns or take an optional excursion to the rain forest of Daintree National Park and the pristine beaches of Cape Tribulation.
- Cairns to Townsville and Airlie Beach Take a short flight from Cairns to Townsville. Then continue your journey by road down Australia’s east coast to Airlie Beach, gateway to the famous Whitsunday Region where the 3♦ Club Crocodile Resort welcomes you for the first of two nights.
- Airlie Beach or the Whitsundays Today is at leisure to enjoy the diversity of the Whitsunday Coast. Alternatively you may wish to enjoy a full day of Whitsunday sailing with a visit to two of the islands.
- Airlie Beach to Rockhampton Today we head to the city of Rockhampton that lies on the Fitzroy River. We overnight at the centrally located 3♦ Travelodge.
- Rockhampton to Noosa We head for the Noosa region with its beautiful beaches, lush green hinterland, stunning coastal national park and cosmopolitan lifestyle. The 3♦ Australis Noosa Lakes in Noosaville is your home for two nights.
- Noos We have left today completely free to enjoy this delightful resort. Be sure to take advantage of its fashionable boutiques and inspiring dining scene.
- Noosa to Brisbane We make for Queensland’s capital city, Brisbane. Ten miles of meandering rivers, parks, gardens and beautiful Moreton Bay, combined with subtropical warmth make this an excellent base for the next two nights. On arrival check in to the centrally located 3♦ Mercure, near the Brisbane River for the first of two nights.
- Brisbane Spend a relaxing morning taking in the city and its attractions on a sightseeing tour. You will travel through the center past some of the historic buildings before visiting the South Bank with its Art Gallery, Museum and unique parkland complex. The afternoon is yours to take in the city in your own time.
- Brisbane to Sydney Take a flight from Brisbane to Sydney where on arrival you will be transferred to the 3♦ Travelodge for a three-night stay.
- Sydney This morning a harbour cruise reveals Sydney at its absolute best – the bridge, the Opera House, the stunning waterfront homes. This afternoon enjoy a tour of the city including Darling Harbour, Chinatown, Watson’s Bay and a walk on Bondi beach.
- Sydney A free day with optional excursions available.
- Sydney and flight home Fly from Sydney on your overnight Qantas flight to London Heathrow via Bangkok
- London Arrive in the morning at London Heathrow.
We cover a lot of ground on this Essential tour. Some of the longer travelling days are offset with leisure time in Cairns, Airlie Beach, Noosa and Sydney.There will be optional excursions available but you choose exactly how much or how little you want to do – the choice is yours.
Tailor Your Tour
Extra excursions are available for you to book locally. Your tour manager will tell you more about these upon arrival
Spend some additional time in Sydney at the 3♦ Travelodge. Alternatively you may have some ideas of your own. Our Reservations team will be on hand to assist you put something together to suit you.
Get more comfortable on your international Quantas flights in Business Class from £3,900 return
Departure dates and prices:
|October 2013||Friday 4th||£3,345|
|November 2013||Friday 08th||£3,295|
|February 2014||Friday 9th||£3,565|
|March 2014||Friday 7th||£3,365|
|October 2012||Friday 3rd||£3,415|
|November 2012||Friday 7th||£3,365|