City skylines and traditional culture both vie for your attention on this exotic journey. The slow pace gives you time to compare the cities of Hong Kong, Singapore and Bangkok, learn about the hilltribes of Northern Thailand and unwind to the rhythm of the sea in Hua Hin.
At a Glance
- 3 nights in Hong Kong
- 3 nights in Singapore
- 3 nights in Bangkok
- 2 nights in Chiang Mai
- 3 nights in Hua Hin
- Sightseeing in Hong Kong and Singapore including harbour cruises
- Damnoen Saduak Floating Market
- Viewing the Grand Palace in Bangkok
- Visiting the River Kwai
- Exploring Chiang Mai with a visit to an elephant camp
- London to Hong Kong Enjoy door-to-door service to London Heathrow for your overnight Cathay Pacific flight to Hong Kong.
- Hong Kong Arriving on Hong Kong Island this afternoon, head to the 4* Park Lane Hotel, your home for three nights. Settle in and relax before taking a cruise in the harbour this evening. D
- Hong Kong Learn about traditional Hong Kong life with t’ai chi and feng shui lessons and a visit to a tea house. Later, see Repulse Bay, Aberdeen fishing village and Stanley Market on an afternoon tour. B
- Hong KongVisit Macau island, Lantau island or mainland China on an optional excursion. Otherwise, do as you please in this fascinating island city. B
- Hong Kong to Singapore Fly to Singapore this morning; the 4* Swissotel Merchant Court on welcomes you for your three-night stay and a free afternoon. Later, view the city from the harbour on a dinner cruise. B D
- Singapore Merlion Park, Thian Hock Keng Temple (one of the oldest on the island), Chinatown, Little India and the Botanic Gardens are among the sights on today’s city tour. Enjoy an afternoon at leisure. B
- SingaporeVenture into neighbouring Malaysia on one of the optional trips, or do as you please in Singapore. B
- Singapore to Bangkok On to Thailand, with a flight to Bangkok. The rest of your day is free, so make yourself at home at the central 4* Holiday Inn Silom for three nights. B D
- Bangkok Enjoy a full day’s sightseeing including the floating market in Damnoen Saduak and witness the incredible jostle of tiny sampans filled with fruit and vegetables. Continue to the Allied War Cemetery at Kanchanaburi, the bridge over the River Kwai, a spectacular train ride along the historic Death Railway, and lunch in a local restaurant.
- Bangkok The Grand Palace is one of Thailand’s most sacred monuments and is almost too beautiful for words. We take a look around this morning before spending the rest of the day at leisure. B
- Bangkok to Chiang MaiFlying north to Chiang Mai, check-in at the 3.5* Holiday Inn Chiang Mai (or similar). Visit Doi Suthep Temple this afternoon. B L D
- Chiang MaiFind out about working elephants, orchid farming and Chiang Mai’s cottage industries, then relax at the Northern Khantoke dinner show. B L D
- Chiang Mai to Hua HinHead to Hua Hin, via Bangkok, for three nights by the beach. Unpack at the 4.5* Dusit Thani Hua Hin. B
- HuaHinMake the most of two days on the Thai coast with some optional excursions and time at leisure. B
- Hua Hin to Bangkok and LondonYou’ve a free morning before returning to Bangkok for your Cathay Pacific flight via Hong Kong to London. B
- LondonYour driver will meet you at Heathrow airport to take you home.
There’s plenty to see on this tour, so we’ve made sure there’s a good selection of included and optional excursions to let you choose the pace. And if you’d rather do your own thing, we’ve left some free time in Hong Kong, Singapore and Bangkok.
With three nights in most destinations, you’ll find this is quite a relaxed tour – you can really make yourself comfortable in each hotel. We wanted to give you some time-out too, so we’ve included two full days in the beach resort of Hua Hin, where you can do just as much or as little as suits you.
You’ll be visiting tropical destinations, where it’s always warm and often sticky: make sure you pack light cotton clothes as well as some comfortable shoes.
Tailor Your Tour
Make your tour your own with the extra excursions available to book with your tour manager during your holiday.
Extend your stay on the Thai coast – two nights at the 4* Plus Dusit Thani in Hua Hin cost from £195 per person (based on two sharing; single supplement from £145).
If you would like to spend even longer there please ask our Reservations team for prices. You’ll return to Bangkok and fly home overnight, via Hong Kong.
Of course, you could always head off to another area of Thailand or the Far East if you prefer; just ask our Reservations team to help you arrange it.
Please note that the prices above do not include your extension supplement of £25 per person and any applicable flight supplements.
Fly in greater comfort with an upgrade to Business Class (from £3,025 per person return) on your flights from and to London Heathrow.
Departure dates and prices:
|February 2013||Wednesday 13th||£3,125|
|April 2013||Wednesday 10th||£3,225|
|October 2013||Wednesday 9th||£3,295|
|November 2013||Wednesday 6th||£3,295|
|February 2014||Wednesday 12th||£3,155|
|April 2014||Wednesday 9th||£3,255|
|October 2014||Wednesday 8th||£3,325|
|November 2014||Wednesday 5th||£3,325|