Covering six of America’s most stunning national parks and many an iconic landmark, this tour shows you some of the country’s best scenery. It also gives you the chance to see moose, bear and elk in their natural forested habitat, take the steam train to Silverton and have plenty of time relaxing in the authentic Wild West ambience of Jackson Hole and Durango.
At a Glance
- 2 nights in Denver
- 2 nights in Rapid City
- 1 night in Cody
- 1 night in West Yellowstone
- 2 nights in Jackson Hole
- 2 nights in Salt Lake City
- 2 nights in Durango
- 1 night in Grand Junction
- Scenic journey on the steam train from Durango to Silverton
- Sightseeing in 5 national parks: Rocky Mountain, Badlands, Yellowstone, Grand Teton and Mesa Verde
- Visit Mount Rushmore, Crazy Horse Memorial & Colorado National Monument
- Exploring Salt Lake City
- Two-night stay in Jackson Hole
- London to Denver Your door-to-door driver takes you to London Heathrow for your non-stop British Airways flight to Denver. Settle in at the central 4* Sheraton, your home for two nights.
- Rocky Mountain National Park and Estes Park Head into the north of Denver for the crisp, fresh air and mountainous landscape of the Rocky Mountain National Park. After touring the park and exploring some of its more beautiful areas, visit the resort of Estes Park before returning to your hotel in Denver.
- Denver to Rapid City Today’s journey takes you from the glassy skyline of Denver to the black hills of Rapid City. Crossing the edges of three states enjoy the constantly changing panorama of stunning landscapes. At journey’s end check in to the 3* Holiday Inn Rushmore Plaza Hotel for the first of two nights.
- Mount Rushmore and Badlands National Park Enjoy a full day’s sightseeing starting with the legendary Mount Rushmore this morning. Pared into the granite face of the Black Hills, the 60ft- high images of four former US presidents look out over the forests and hills of South Dakota, marking the Gateway to the West. After exploring the monument, continue to the Crazy Horse Memorial before visiting the eerily beautiful Badlands National Park, famous for its breathtaking lunar limestone landscapes and distinctive sandstone vistas.
- Rapid City to Cody Named after William Frederick Cody (aka Buffalo Bill), Cody, Wyoming, is your destination today. Settle in at the centrally-located 3* Holiday Inn.
- Cody to West Yellowstone Tour Yellowstone National Park en route to the small town of West Yellowstone where the 3* Gray Wolf Inn will be your base for the night.
- West Yellowstone to Jackson Hole See more of Yellowstone National Park, including Old Faithful Geyser which erupts almost hourly, before visiting Grand Teton National Park. Continue to Jackson Hole for two nights at the 3* 49er Inn and Suites, a short walk from the town centre.
- Jackson Hole Take an optional excursion today, perhaps going rafting or enjoying a hot-air balloon trip, or spend your day relaxing in this charming Wild West town.
- Jackson Hole to Salt Lake City You’ll see some amazing scenery as you journey through Logan Canyon and past Bear Lake today. Reaching Salt Lake City, settle in at the 4* Hilton or Sheraton Hotel, well- located in the heart of Downtown.
- Salt Lake City Explore Salt Lake City this morning before your optional trip to Great Salt Lake, an inland sea and the Bingham Copper Mine, or time at leisure.
- Salt Lake City to Durango Embark on a journey through Red Rock Country, heart of the Wild West, to the 3* Durango Downtown Inn in the centre of the boardwalk town of Durango.
- Mesa Verde National Park and Durango Spend the morning exploring Mesa Verde National Park and the ancient pueblos (cliff dwellings) of the Anasazi Indians. The rest of your day is at leisure to explore this delightful town.
- Durango to Silverton and Grand Junction Take a journey on an old narrow gauge steam train to Silverton. Back on the road, head to the Black Canyon of Gunnison National Park and the 4* Doubletree Hotel, set at the entrance to the town of Grand Junction.
- Grand Junction to Denver and flight home Enjoy the beautiful scenery of the Colorado National Monument before returning to Denver for your evening British Airways flight direct to London.
- London Heathrow Your door-to-door driver will take you home.
The scenery is relentless and we do cover some large distances, particularly on Days 3, 11 and 13. However we are sure you will think it’s worth it as the views on these transfer days would be considered highlights on other tours. We have allowed a free day in Jackson Hole to relax and reflect on the stunning sights you’ll have seen.
At certain points of the tour the altitude reaches 12,000ft, although the majority is at 8,000ft. Temperatures range between 20-85 degrees so it’s a good idea to bring both warm and cool clothes.
Tailor Your Tour
Extend your stay at the Sheraton, Denver from £45 per person per night on a room-only basis, based on sharing a twin room (single supplement from £45).
Your departure transfer and supplement of £25 per person are not included. Your flights will be subject to any applicable flight supplements.
Enjoy greater comfort with British Airways in World Traveller Plus from £495 per person return, or Club World from £3,095 per person return.
Departure dates and prices:
|May 2013||Thursday 16th||£2,395|
|June 2013||Thursday 6th||£2,545|
|September 2013||Thursday 5th||£2,545|
|September 2013||Thursday 12th||£2,545|
|May 2014||Thurday 15th||£2,425|
|June 2014||Thursday 5th||£2,575|
|September 2014||Thursday 4th||£2,575|
|September 2014||Thursday 11th||£2,575|