From cosmopolitan Cape Town to the grandeur of Victoria Falls this tour brings the manifold delights of Southern Africa together. Experience the moving beauty of Isandlwana and Rorke’s Drift and tread where historic battles took place before heading for Chobe National Park, home to some of the world’s finest game viewing.
At a Glance
- 3 nights in Cape Town
- 2 nights in the Battlefields
- 1 night in Johannesburg
- 2 nights in Chobe, Botswana
- 2 nights in Livingstone, Zambia
- Tours of Cape Town and the township of Soweto
- A full-day visit to the Battlefields of Isandlwana and Rorke’s Drift
- Two game drives and a boat trip in Chobe National Park
- Walking tour of Victoria Falls
- London Heathrow to Cape TownYour door-to-door driver will take you to London Heathrow for your South African Airways flight to Cape Town.
- Cape TownReaching Cape Town this morning, take a brief orientation tour and, if the weather permits, an optional cable car trip up Table Mountain for views of the city cradled between Table Mountain, Lion’s Head, Signal Hill and the ocean. This afternoon check in at the 4* Protea Hotel President for three nights.
- Cape TownGet to know Cape Town, a city of culture, beaches, hiking trails and good food and wine. There are a number of insightful optional excursions on offer such as a full day tour of the beautiful Cape Peninsula. Visit the Cape of Good Hope Nature Reserve and take the funicular to see where the Atlantic and Indian Oceans meet. Then you’ll head along the Indian Ocean coast to see the penguins at Boulders Beach before driving through the historic naval village of Simon’s Town. B
- Cape TownCape Town is wonderfully diverse so take time today exploring at your leisure perhaps taking an oceanfront walk, strolling through tranquil gardens or visiting the museums and markets. B
- Cape Town to VryheidFollow your morning flight to Johannesburg with a drive to the Battlefields area. Arriving in Kwa Zulu Natal, spend two nights at the 3* Battlefields Country Lodge. B
- Battlefields areaSpend the day visiting the evocative Battlefields of Isandlwana and Rorke’s Drift with the help of our specialist guide. B
- Battlefields area to Soweto and JohannesburgHead for Johannesburg, stopping en route in Soweto for a tour and lunch at one of the local Shebeens. This afternoon, visit the Hector Pieterson Memorial and Nelson Mandela House. Continue on to Johannesburg heading to Sandton and the 4* Protea Balalaika Hotel or similar. B L
- Johannesburg to Livingstone and ChobeAfter breakfast, transfer to Johannesburg International airport for your mid-morning flight to Livingstone. On arrival at Livingstone, Zambia continue to Botswana where the 4* Chobe Safari Lodge, or similar, welcomes you for two nights. B D
- Chobe National ParkAn early-morning game drive – keep an eye out for the abundant wildlife while taking in the stunning setting as the sunrise lights up the park. The rest of the morning and afternoon is at leisure before your boat trip, which will give you a unique opportunity to spot game from a different perspective. B L D
- Chobe to LivingstoneAfter your morning game drive, cross the border to Zambia and head for the 3* Zambezi Sun Hotel, just a short walk from Victoria Falls, for two nights. This afternoon, take a walking tour of the awe-inspiring Victoria Falls. B
- LivingstoneToday is at your leisure to book one of the many optional tours on offer. B
- Livingstone to Johannesburg and LondonTransfer this morning for your flight to Johannesburg before your onward South African Airways flight to London. B
- LondonArrive at London Heathrow where your door-to-door driver will take you home.
You’ll cover a lot of ground on Day 5 so it’s a longer day, but you’ll be rewarded with a full day in the Battlefields area where we’ve asked a specialist guide to bring these encounters to life.
As Cape Town is one of the most popular cities in the world, we’ve included an introductory tour so you can find your feet and allowed two days at leisure with a good choice of optional excursions on offer.
We really wanted to show you Chobe National Park, too. It covers more than 10,000 sq km and has one of the greatest concentrations of game on the African Continent including one of the largest continuous herds of elephants, lions, giraffes, zebras, wild dogs, hippopotami and cheetahs to name but a few.
Please note that for this tour you will need a Multiple Entry Visa for Zambia.
As there is quite a bit of walking on this tour, you will need a reasonable level of fitness.
Tailor Your Tour
Give yourself some more time to relax at Victoria Falls at the end of your tour. An additional two nights cost from £260 per person (single supplement from £250).
You will also be asked for a £25 extension supplement.
Upgrade to a higher room category at the Protea Hotel President for a supplement from £35 per person.
Relax on your international flights between London and South Africa in South African Airways Business Class. Upgrades cost from £2,760 per person return.
Departure dates and prices:
|February 2013||Monday 18th||£2,995|
|April 2013||Monday 8th||£3,095|
|September 2013||Monday 9th||£2,995|
|October 2013||Monday 21st||£3,295|
|February 2014||Monday 17th||£3,045|
|April 2014||Monday 7th||£3,145|
|September 2014||Monday 8th||£3,045|
|October 2014||Monday 20th||£3,045|